Hifiman HE6-SE
Jan 27, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #1,156 of 3,903
I've tried a lot of pads so far and I keep coming back to the stock Pali Pads. I ordered the Focus pads from HE560 as well, so they'll probably come when my new unit arrives later this week.

I am getting Audeze headband for this which should increase clamping pressure, so maybe that'll help with the other pads I've tried from Dekoni and "Deafen" as well as ZMF pads. The optimal sound, at least for me, is with the stock pads which are thinner than the other options I've used. But it's also not a lot of clamping force with the V2 headband.

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #1,157 of 3,903
I've tried a lot of pads so far and I keep coming back to the stock Pali Pads. I ordered the Focus pads from HE560 as well, so they'll probably come when my new unit arrives later this week.

I am getting Audeze headband for this which should increase clamping pressure, so maybe that'll help with the other pads I've tried from Dekoni and "Deafen" as well as ZMF pads. The optimal sound, at least for me, is with the stock pads which are thinner than the other options I've used. But it's also not a lot of clamping force with the V2 headband.

I actually dislike the new v2 headband due to it's light clamping force and the thin band creates a hotspot on my head. I've actually replaced it with an He-560 v2 headband that I purchased from Adorama a while back. It increased the clamp and overall comfort for me. It is basically the same stock headband as the HE6se v1. Some people like it, some don't. I think it depends on your head. I have a small head so the v2 headband just doesn't work as well for me. I've seen people put the Audeze headband on the OG HE-6 with success, so I think that is also a good replacement option.

Regarding pads, my main complaint with the stock pali pads is how thin they are. I prefer a thicker pad, both for comfort and the increased soundstage provided with your ears farther away from the drivers. Thick, angled pads are my preference actually. I never really gave the stock pads a chance so maybe I will revisit them.

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,158 of 3,903
I really like the eikon hybrid and autuer solid pads. Found no reason to explore other pads. Only issue for me is that it's slightly big and fits a bit loose on the he6se

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,159 of 3,903
What is everyone's favorite pads for these? Brand and material? I know the top recommendation is the Ether angled pads, and I did enjoy them when I had the HE-500, but was curious what people are using on the v2. Thanks!

I've tried about 5 different pads including the Ether angled (which are my second favorite) but the Audeze Vegan pads are still number one to me. Problem is they are no longer sold...............:triportsad:

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,161 of 3,903
I've tried about 5 different pads including the Ether angled (which are my second favorite) but the Audeze Vegan pads are still number one to me. Problem is they are no longer sold...............:triportsad:

Yeah, I would love to try the elusive vegan. Their decision to discontinue these pads is one of life's great mysteries...

I wonder how the Dekoni choice suede pads for Audeze would compare. I've thought about giving them a shot.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #1,163 of 3,903
Checking around a bit (these specs don't seem to appear on the official website it), it seems they have an output impedance of 15 ohm, which is high for planars considering their usual low impedance and the 1:8 ratio for output : input impedance that is generally recommended, and a power rating of 2W into 32 ohm, which is a bit low for the HE-6SE (Hifiman recommends 2W into 50 ohm). You can probably get a good sound level, but the sound will probably be distorted.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #1,164 of 3,903
I'll find out soon enough. I'm guessing that I'll have them next week some time.

As per the manual:

Power Output: 2000mW @32Ω
1900mW @60Ω
1800mW @120Ω
1300mW @3000Ω
800mW @600Ω (with 6CY7 tube)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,166 of 3,903
Anyone have experience with the he6se v2 with the Rag 2? I've only been able to try them with an O2 (max volume) and the Rag 2. I like what I hear with the Rag 2, but I'm curious how it compares to other amplification with the he6se v2.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #1,168 of 3,903
Does anyone know if there any differences between the Adorama version, and the "regular" version?

I know the packaging is different.
New headband, different color housing, and possibly a tweaked driver. Although I can’t confirm the driver tweak on the V2’s, I just know it sounds better than I remember the V1’s sounding.

Jan 30, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #1,169 of 3,903
New headband, different color housing, and possibly a tweaked driver. Although I can’t confirm the driver tweak on the V2’s, I just know it sounds better than I remember the V1’s sounding.

I concur. It is tough to pinpoint exactly, but I know the v2 fore whatever reason is less fatiguing for me than the v1 was. Could be that it is less peaky and "hot" in the treble region on certain tracks or not as dynamic and forward as the v1, most likely the former. Whatever it is, I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back