hifiman he400se, yet another refresh
Nov 28, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 8
I ordered those. Will report back.

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 8
The left channel in mine died after just two days of use. Returned them for a refund.
That sucks. Did you like the sound overall?

Dec 28, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 8
I just received mine. It a s special little headphone. Very detailed, spacious and airy. It definitely lacks some extension and weight in the bass but it has decent punch. This is partially what gives it its detailed, spacious sound. Mids and treble are fairly smooth and well extended. There a small emphasis in the lower treble (sort of helped by the lack of warmth in the lower mids and bass) but again, that contributes to its sound. Overall, I am quite impressed!

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, these have a pretty unreal detail resolution and soundstage that images beautifully. These really shine in busy passages. Every sound has its own space and they really never sound congested. I tried EQing up the lower mids and bass a bit and these responded really well to that, but it also took away some of what made these special, so for now I chose against it. I'd be hard pressed to remember when was the last time I heard new instrument layers in songs I thought I knew intimately D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back