Hifiman HE1000 Stealth vs Arya Stealth
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 25
I'm currently listening to Arya Stealth and one thing that I'm finding kinda weird is that I hear the center (singers) above my eyes if that makes sense? Is that normal? I'd like them to be lower LOL

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #17 of 25
Right now it's one of those rare moments when I have two great cans at the same time: Arya Stealth and HE1000 Stealth. To be honest I'm struggling to hear if they actually differ at all. To me they sound pretty much the same. In any case, if someone is considering what to buy, I'd say you can buy the Arya Stealth and won't miss much.

Maybe I'm not picking the right material...I'm curious nonetheless so if someone can suggest particular songs and timestamps that would make the difference more clear, you're welcome.

I actually think that the difference between these Stealth cans is minuscule at best, I would take a wild guess and say that it's all the same: drivers are the same, technology is the same, the price difference comes from material costs and PROBABLY Hifiman tests the drivers and those that perform a bit better go to HE1000, those that perform a bit worse go to the Arya etc.

Jan 24, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #18 of 25
I bought my Stealth refurbished direct from Hifiman. They're fine, but do have some scuffs and feel a bit loose on the hinges. I'd probably buy new if I could go back. Shipping took about a week and I didn't have to pay any extra taxes. Also make sure you have a good cable, the cables that come with the HE1000 are absolute garbage and give off a disgusting "medical" vibe.
I actually found the cables on the HE1000 Stealth very good. They are light, have no memory effect and the 3.5mm plugs are rather small and also shorter than a regular 3.5mm plug (which actually still somehow fits in, I found it confusing, I thought the length of a 3.5mm is a standard). So the plugs do not interfere with anything when I turn my head.
Anyway, I played around with a custom cable with thick plugs and got back to the stock cable, having noticed no difference except the stock cable being much more ergonomic.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 25
Right now it's one of those rare moments when I have two great cans at the same time: Arya Stealth and HE1000 Stealth. To be honest I'm struggling to hear if they actually differ at all. To me they sound pretty much the same. In any case, if someone is considering what to buy, I'd say you can buy the Arya Stealth and won't miss much.

Maybe I'm not picking the right material...I'm curious nonetheless so if someone can suggest particular songs and timestamps that would make the difference more clear, you're welcome.

I actually think that the difference between these Stealth cans is minuscule at best, I would take a wild guess and say that it's all the same: drivers are the same, technology is the same, the price difference comes from material costs and PROBABLY Hifiman tests the drivers and those that perform a bit better go to HE1000, those that perform a bit worse go to the Arya etc.
Hey thanks you probably just saved me some money as i am looking to buy the he1000v3(stealth) again. My first pair unfortunately suffered from driver imbalance after about a month of use. Another great thing is i heard arya stealth has a much tolerable treble compared the he1000v3 which to me is incredibly piercing where i can only listen ot 4 songs at a time then take breaks.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #20 of 25
Hey thanks you probably just saved me some money as i am looking to buy the he1000v3(stealth) again. My first pair unfortunately suffered from driver imbalance after about a month of use. Another great thing is i heard arya stealth has a much tolerable treble compared the he1000v3 which to me is incredibly piercing where i can only listen ot 4 songs at a time then take breaks.
I didn't notice all that much difference in the treble but maybe I'm too old already :-D:-D Although I think the Stealth is generally regarded as brighter. The bass might be a bit more resolving but we're really talking like 5% difference between these two cans. The build quality is very nice on the he1000 and it's all metal but then again the Arya is black and somewhat lighter and some might prefer that and is a bit easier to drive although both sound fantastic straight out of my macbook pro. The next shock is that I'm struggling to hear any difference between my 1K$ DAC + AMP balanced device and the mabook pro, kinda embarrassing I know :-D although I don't know for whom. I tend to listen via the DAC more but I think it's more to sooth my mind than because it sounds better. I hate to spoil the show but I wonder how many of the golden ear guys would pass a real blind test, also taking into account that you do absolutely hear differently at different times of the day and also depending on how you feel, how you slept etc.

I kept the HE1000, cause I bought it from a private seller and sent the Arya back but if I could've sent both back I'm not sure what I would have kept, the price difference is way too big between them.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 25
I didn't notice all that much difference in the treble but maybe I'm too old already :-D:-D Although I think the Stealth is generally regarded as brighter. The bass might be a bit more resolving but we're really talking like 5% difference between these two cans. The build quality is very nice on the he1000 and it's all metal but then again the Arya is black and somewhat lighter and some might prefer that and is a bit easier to drive although both sound fantastic straight out of my macbook pro. The next shock is that I'm struggling to hear much difference between my 1K$ DAC + AMP balanced device and the mabook pro, kinda embarrassing, I tend to listen via the DAC more but I think it's more to sooth my mind and avoid having an extra adapter on the cable. I hate to spoil the show but I wonder how many of the golden ear guys would pass a real blind test, also taking into account that you do absolutely hear differently at different times of the day and also depending on how you feel, how you slept etc.

I kept the HE1000, cause I bought it privately and sent the Arya back but if I could've sent both back I'm not sure what I would have kept, the price difference is way too big between them.
Lol i am 30 and old as well but only really started getting into headphones about 2 yrs ago. Personally i dont hear a diff myself when it comes to amp/dac although i have yet to try a amp/dac that costs over 1000usd but i have been through various brands in the sub 500usd category and can confidently say they all sound the same. In my opinion the value in spending more goes to build quality, extra features etc. I bet these people who claims they hear a difference will never pass a blind test assuming amps are volume matched.

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #22 of 25
Lol i am 30 and old as well but only really started getting into headphones about 2 yrs ago. Personally i dont hear a diff myself when it comes to amp/dac although i have yet to try a amp/dac that costs over 1000usd but i have been through various brands in the sub 500usd category and can confidently say they all sound the same. In my opinion the value in spending more goes to build quality, extra features etc. I bet these people who claims they hear a difference will never pass a blind test assuming amps are volume matched.
I see, you have to look for yourself and try to hear without bias. Right now I'm trying to figure out if there is any difference between the native content and upsampling to DSD256 48K via HQPlayer. In any case, I hate to say it but the scene is at times ridiculous because of the hype or some magic 1K$ cables that will remove sibilance or whatever, a lot of people tend to spend money to feel good about their purchase and I'm no exception to an extent Unfortunately, the companies have become aware of that and we see that in their ridiculous prices. I mean there is just absolutely no chance in hell and zero justification that a Utopia costs like 5K$, still it finds its buyers.

Jan 28, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #23 of 25
Interesting, looks like I'll eventually have to get them. Ordered the Aryas for now as there are some very good deals in EU (no so much for the HE1000 Stealth) but will be able to send them back :-D Does anyone have experience with a refurbished HE1000 Stealth from Hifiman directly? They seem to have a european warehouse for this particular deal which means no taxes but I'm quite a bit hesitant not knowing what to expect. The refurbished 660S2 from sennheiser directly that I have look completely new.

Ive bought a Sundara, Ananda and Arya stealth bstock/refurb from Hifiman, in the EU. And my buddy 2 he1000 v2 (or stealth, i dont remember, 90% sure its v2).
My ananda had no obvious damage, besides the headband being sat on a bit (i bent it back). And the first he1000 v2 my buddy got had damage on the yokes. After contacting hifiman he could return it or get a completely new one. He chose to return it and bought it again months later, when i got my arya.

Those were my thoughts as well when testing my arya vs my buddies he1000. You also get a bit more warranty on the he1000, which also adds to the costs.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #24 of 25
Good morning
I have had these headphones since yesterday and they are really pleasant to listen to, less bright than my old HD800s.
For me, almost the same sound as the HE1000 which I also had the opportunity to listen to.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #25 of 25
Based on my own reading and some of the posts here, the HEK stealth has some serious quality issues. Anything from the band snapping, drivers failing, etc… I saw less complains about the Arya breaking down.

For those who listened to both, is there such a huge difference between the two in terms of sound quality? Or is it a tuning difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back