Filter 8: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 16000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.41
Filter 13: ON PK Fc 20000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 2.99
7.5db at 21hz with 1.4 QF…Nice!

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #4,969 of 5,211
So it's been a week since i got the headphones so i thought i would change back to my old HD700's and i can truly say that my ears are forever lost to the expensive audiophile world now. I can't ever go back ......the difference is so clear. Playing Metallica - Nothing Else Matters LIVE from S&M album sounds like the instruments are drowning in the background and the bass from EQ just hides them even further. With HE1000SE it's like James Hetfield is playing in front of me LIVE. The guitar strings are crisp and super clear and even with EQ'ed bass everything is crystal clear. I find myself playing music louder than before, mostly cause i get so lost in the details with these headphones. I love them!

Feb 12, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #4,970 of 5,211
Playing Metallica - Nothing Else Matters LIVE from S&M album sounds like the instruments are drowning in the background and the bass from EQ just hides them even further. With HE1000SE it's like James Hetfield is playing in front of me LIVE.
This is one album the HekV2 never did well, it sounded thin, the dynamics lacked, so soon after I got the HekSE this is one of the first album I listened to, needless to say SE was amazing.

Feb 13, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #4,971 of 5,211
So it's been a week since i got the headphones so i thought i would change back to my old HD700's and i can truly say that my ears are forever lost to the expensive audiophile world now.
The thing is that $1999.00 price point for the SE (which I currently have as well for exactly 1 week today) is nothing in comparison to some of the TOTL headphones prices these days, which are just ridiculous. I'm not saying $1999.00 isn't a lot of money--because it is, but at this price point the SE in comparison to other TOTL headphones is an absolute bargain--as well as a TOTL endgame headphone.

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #4,972 of 5,211
The thing is that $1999.00 price point for the SE (which I currently have as well for exactly 1 week today) is nothing in comparison to some of the TOTL headphones prices these days, which are just ridiculous. I'm not saying $1999.00 isn't a lot of money--because it is, but at this price point the SE in comparison to other TOTL headphones is an absolute bargain--as well as a TOTL endgame headphone.
Totally agree, my endgame... haven't come across anything that doesn't sounds great on my current setup.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #4,973 of 5,211
I'm trying to decide between he1000se and empyrean ii. Of course, the Hifiman is right now $1,000 less. I am surprised I haven't seen comparisons of these two headphones, because they share some features. Easy to drive, deep and wide soundstage. Presumably the hifiman is brighter. Anyone heard both and can offer insights?

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #4,974 of 5,211
I'm trying to decide between he1000se and empyrean ii. Of course, the Hifiman is right now $1,000 less. I am surprised I haven't seen comparisons of these two headphones, because they share some features. Easy to drive, deep and wide soundstage. Presumably the hifiman is brighter. Anyone heard both and can offer insights?
I am curious too, i have heard he1kse and it was crazy good especially with the price. Then the store owner said he have heard empy 2 and it sound similar (what???). Need someone who own both to describe the difference and which one is better.

Recently i demoed this SE . I was afraid from youtube reviewer stating this is D class headphone very bright and bad sounding. After listening to SE with my own ear... i was surprised what the hell are these youtuber talking about? What bright? It definitely have treble but not bright at all. It is smooth treble and sweet. After listening to it for a while i can definitely say this is S class not D class what the hell is these youtuber talking about. LOL . A great lesson to not trust youtuber some of them are selling their stocks by making stories up or maybe different chain or something else entirely im not sure. Trust your ear.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #4,975 of 5,211
I suppose judging by https://forum.headphones.com/t/meze-empyrean-2-official-thread/22280, it could be plausible to say that the frequency responses are somewhat similar, the Meze Empyrean 2 mainly having more bass and possibly more upper treble.

i was surprised what the hell are these youtuber talking about?
Did the reviewer in question happen to be used to pre-LCD-5 Audezes? At the same time, at least per my experience with the Arya Stealth and HE1000se, I've been more skeptical of reports of "highly noticeable" differences in "brightness" between different HiFiMan egg models, at least when not volume matched.

Feb 15, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #4,976 of 5,211
I suppose judging by https://forum.headphones.com/t/meze-empyrean-2-official-thread/22280, it could be plausible to say that the frequency responses are somewhat similar, the Meze Empyrean 2 mainly having more bass and possibly more upper treble.

Did the reviewer in question happen to be used to pre-LCD-5 Audezes? At the same time, at least per my experience with the Arya Stealth and HE1000se, I've been more skeptical of reports of "highly noticeable" differences in "brightness" between different HiFiMan egg models, at least when not volume matched.
Not sure didnt really follow him up a lot. Just coincidentally watching his video. Surprised by his rating of this Godlike gear. I notice something tho. Maybe sound preference have something to do with our individual music culture. Like most people in Asia are used to treble-ish instruments while people in the west are used to bassy instruments. Different music culture maybe. So i notice most people in the west love relaxed treble . I.e They mostly love ZMF Atrium which is no surprise while my friend and i not quiet liking Atrium due to the lack of treble. Maybe this is one of the reason.

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #4,980 of 5,211

This is why buying used is your best bet. I didn't pay anywhere near full price for my CRBN, and I would not.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back