Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #4,846 of 5,211
Anyone got any endgame DAC/AMP recommendations for the HE1000SE?

Preferably DAC/AMP combos for practicality.

Heard good things about Burson + Hifiman. So perhaps something like a Conductor 3XP or reference?
I would imagine the R-27 RE from Audio-gd would be great! It's the lower power version of the R-27 HE, and would have plenty of power on tap for these 'phones.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #4,847 of 5,211
So with the current exchange rate, if ordering from HFM directly into Europe, the price for the new HEKSE including shipment would be $2045, which is under 1870 Eur (assuming the trick with $100 package value), and on top of that one will get another $200 in points back as part of the reward system, making it the total amount for HEKSE below 1700 Eur..

Edit: they are now in stock in Europe, for those interested.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 4:25 AM Post #4,848 of 5,211
Hi all, wondering if anyone can shed some light regarding the stock HE1000SE cables (black) for me?
What's the material HFM use for these? It's just that if they are standard, non-OFC then I'll probably get something like the Tripowin Granvia to replace them as it's a bit more flexible and uses OFC-Copper.
Oddly, I notice that the standard 'replacement' cable on HFMs website is more expensive than their 'Crystalline' version so I'm a bit confused as to their material quality.
Thanks

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #4,849 of 5,211
So with the current exchange rate, if ordering from HFM directly into Europe, the price for the new HEKSE including shipment would be $2045, which is under 1870 Eur (assuming the trick with $100 package value), and on top of that one will get another $200 in points back as part of the reward system, making it the total amount for HEKSE below 1700 Eur..

Edit: they are now in stock in Europe, for those interested.
They’re back in stock on HiFiMan’s website? I’ve been asking them about the EU stock for months now, each time they told me they could ship it from China only.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #4,850 of 5,211
They’re back in stock on HiFiMan’s website? I’ve been asking them about the EU stock for months now, each time they told me they could ship it from China only.
Seems like not anymore.. go quickly away.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #4,853 of 5,211
Jan 16, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #4,855 of 5,211
Alright, well I’m glad at least you managed to get them from the EU warehouse.
No I didn't :).. it was gone probably before I placed the order. So I need to decide if I will take the refurbished or none. Difficult choice.

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #4,857 of 5,211
Refurbished isn’t a bad choice but I always prefer a brand new pair.
I got mine refurbished from the Hifiman store. I had issues with the pair I initially received. However, Hifiman quickly exchanged them when I reached out to them, and the second pair has had absolutely no issues. In fact, it appears to be brand new. No visible blemishes or defects whatsoever.

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #4,858 of 5,211
I got mine refurbished from the Hifiman store. I had issues with the pair I initially received. However, Hifiman quickly exchanged them when I reached out to them, and the second pair has had absolutely no issues. In fact, it appears to be brand new. No visible blemishes or defects whatsoever.
That's great. The problem is that you don't know in which state they are upfront. They might be great, but they can have some ugly scratches Hifiman would tell it's normal but it would irritate every time I reach out for them :). But then if I would get such a pair as you (looking brand new) I'd be probably happy. That's why it is a difficult choice.

Still, there must be a reason why they are cheaper than the new ones. In the end, all of them (even new) are built up from exchangeable parts. so if refurbished would mean all new parts, what is then the difference between refurbished and new.. Just thinking too much I guess :).

Also, it does not help the communication is so slow, when I need some solution fast.

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #4,859 of 5,211
That's great. The problem is that you don't know in which state they are upfront. They might be great, but they can have some ugly scratches Hifiman would tell it's normal but it would irritate every time I reach out for them :). But then if I would get such a pair as you (looking brand new) I'd be probably happy. That's why it is a difficult choice.

Still, there must be a reason why they are cheaper than the new ones. In the end, all of them (even new) are built up from exchangeable parts. so if refurbished would mean all new parts, what is then the difference between refurbished and new.. Just thinking too much I guess :).

Also, it does not help the communication is so slow, when I need some solution fast.
I've bought refurbished before they look brand new. If you're nervous just buy new. Hifiman is very responsive...

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #4,860 of 5,211

I understand your frustration with the confusing communication on their end. I personally have confirmed these to be my endgame pair of headphones. So for me, the gamble of buying them refurbished was worth it. But if you need something now, there are other good options in the price bracket that these typically go for that you can get faster. Good luck with whatever you end up deciding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back