Hifiman HE1000-SE
Aug 25, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #4,366 of 5,215
Ordered my HE1000se today, set for delivery next week! I currently have a Violectric V340 and am feeling like I am missing out on not being able to hook up balanced to it. Not seeing a lot of talk about the "newer" Violectric amps and anything Hifiman, especially HEKse. All seems to be older V280/281 talk when the sound signature was different (warmer). Can I do better? Ferrum Oor? Any thoughts on the new Prelude from Hifiman?

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #4,371 of 5,215
Now, whether this HE1000se clearance sale bodes an upcoming successor model, I don't know.
Firstly, I have read several of your posts about your auditions, EQ journey and I have to thank you for those exemplary posts of hard work.

The impression I got from HFM at CanJam (I tried to get a few words out of their mouths but ended up with nothing) was that, they now trickled down the technology they had with Susvara to lower end models, and they have something new in their sleeves, and I expect it to be a new driver technology. It looks like they are getting rid of the mid to high end drivers in their stocks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Susvara 2 and HE2000 in the next one year timeframe.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #4,372 of 5,215
Looking for a portable dac/amp for the 1000SE new territory for me only know desktop. Prefer slightly warm source. Any recommendations? Thanks
Both sony 1zm2 and ibasso dx300max pair heavenly with them . They hekse reflect the sound signature of the source with a tilt on air and highs details . Both are slightly warm and slightly organic.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #4,373 of 5,215
Firstly, I have read several of your posts about your auditions, EQ journey and I have to thank you for those exemplary posts of hard work.

The impression I got from HFM at CanJam (I tried to get a few words out of their mouths but ended up with nothing) was that, they now trickled down the technology they had with Susvara to lower end models, and they have something new in their sleeves, and I expect it to be a new driver technology. It looks like they are getting rid of the mid to high end drivers in their stocks. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Susvara 2 and HE2000 in the next one year timeframe.
Now THAT’S exciting!!!!!!!!!

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #4,374 of 5,215
Aug 29, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #4,375 of 5,215
speculations... as every year... :)
Of course and taken with a grain of salt but still exciting.
I reckon the entire (well a good chunk anyway) headphone industry is at an exciting time with new stuff coming out left, right snd center, focal huge price drop (I don’t own a pair but it’s great to see), hifiman are always doing something exciting (new products, price drops). Even chifi if you like that (which I do-I’ve had a few topping amps) - a70 pro putting out 17w pch for $500 usd ($850 aud)!!! Good times, I say!!

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #4,376 of 5,215
Hi, I’m looking for a hard case to transport my ordered HE1000SE. Could some owner be so nice and measure the headphone and if possible the inner insert of the original box? If possible I would like to use the soft insert and place it in a robust case. Thank you

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #4,378 of 5,215
Do you have any issues using this amp? I'm still choosing between HE400 and HE600. The lack of input on HE400 is the reason I'm still hesitating.
No problem with EF400. Easy to drive anyway.
Probably you should go for EF600 because of newer design, more powerful W output. Heard that can drive Susvara with ease. If I waited more then would get the EF600.
I mainly use EF400 for movies and YouTube, sometimes with music. With real music enjoyment, I use Studio-Six hp tube amp....downstairs along with 2 channel system.

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #4,380 of 5,215
No problem with EF400. Easy to drive anyway.
Probably you should go for EF600 because of newer design, more powerful W output. Heard that can drive Susvara with ease. If I waited more then would get the EF600.
I mainly use EF400 for movies and YouTube, sometimes with music. With real music enjoyment, I use Studio-Six hp tube amp....downstairs along with 2 channel system.
Thanks for the suggestion 🤝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back