Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #3,751 of 5,211
It would not be my pair to go for vocals , mind it if you like rap etc . But for rock both are very good. Hekv2stealth are way more expressive , i would say more engaging and groovy. Hekse have less resonances and euphony and it is cleaner, to the point i needed to habit ( 3 weeks now with them ); but they hold better eq-ability : saved for slam - you can bring bass in and out on different frqs with the minor bleeding i have ever experienced.

Also , it's first time i discover differences in bass mix on some LP productions . Not always mixing studios have the equipment to differentiate the recorded bass 20 40 100 or even 150hz , or they do it approximately , he1000se do it though and expose it- you will listen to the production limits and few headphones will be so clinic in this area.

As long as you want to hear the recording ..it is good ...good for me ...👍

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #3,752 of 5,211
I have another problem at moment .

I need to transport them decently and protected , of course without carrying their original 2.5kg box.

I travel with a big bag or case where i stuff my belongings , or a 24hr with shoulder strap in leather with decent space , this not rigid

2 other neoprene cases with zip i used for other heaphones are not fitting as for their longer drivers housings , also given the very flexible modular construction the he1000se need rigid borders around them to be carried without paranoia

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #3,753 of 5,211
It would not be my pair to go for vocals , mind it if you like rap etc . But for rock both are very good. Hekv2stealth are way more expressive , i would say more engaging and groovy. Hekse have less resonances and euphony and it is cleaner, to the point i needed to habit ( 3 weeks now with them ); but they hold better eq-ability : saved for slam - you can bring bass in and out on different frqs with the minor bleeding i have ever experienced.

Also , it's first time i discover differences in bass mix on some LP productions . Not always mixing studios have the equipment to differentiate the recorded bass 20 40 100 or even 150hz , or they do it approximately , he1000se do it though and expose it- you will listen to the production limits and few headphones will be so clinic in this area.

As long as you want to hear the recording ..it is good ...good for me ...👍
So you are recommending HE1kStealth for EDM/Rap if I read that correctly, vs the SE? Not gonna lie, 2 grand is a lot easier to swing than 35 hundred.

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #3,755 of 5,211
Understandable. I agree that it seems a great match.

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #3,757 of 5,211
So I can get the V2 or I can get the SE for $1500 more (both are used). Is the SE worth $1500 more than the V2 sound wise?
There are differences in sound and performance between these two headphones for sure. I have the HE1000se's and my OG HE1000 V2's will be here tomorrow. I can say that the HE1000se's are built for speed, dynamics, and clarity with great bass. The HE1000 V2's are more laid back, have fuller sound with a great soundstage. They have more bass output, but it's not as tight or defined. The HE1000 V2's have more texture to their sound while having a more diffuse estat sound in the treble region in comparison. So it depends on what you want in a headphone. I'm lucky enough to have both.

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #3,758 of 5,211
There are differences in sound and performance between these two headphones for sure. I have the HE1000se's and my OG HE1000 V2's will be here tomorrow. I can say that the HE1000se's are built for speed, dynamics, and clarity with great bass. The HE1000 V2's are more laid back, have fuller sound with a great soundstage. They have more bass output, but it's not as tight or defined. The HE1000 V2's have more texture to their sound while having a more diffuse estat sound in the treble region in comparison. So it depends on what you want in a headphone. I'm lucky enough to have both.
The he1000v2stealths are way more forward and enenergic / mids oriented then the he1000se

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #3,760 of 5,211
The he1000v2stealths are way more forward and enenergic / mids oriented then the he1000se
Really? I haven't heard the new Stealth HE1000 V2's. It would be cool to get a listen to them to see how they compare from my perspective. I know the drivers are different from each other. So I would expect to hear a performance difference.

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #3,762 of 5,211
Understandable. I agree that it seems a great match.
I owned v2 when I picked up a used SE. Ended up selling the v2 for about $600 less than I paid for the SE. I believe that was about 'fair', or maybe 'a bit high' in terms of the cost vs value for the 'upgrade' to me. I definitely would not have paid $1500 more for the SE.

I do like the drivability, and to my ears, the SE are a bit 'fuller' in the mids, which I preferred over the v2 which seemed a bit thinner/more delicate. Sort of piano vs harpsicord if you will.

Hope that might help a bit.

Mar 3, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #3,763 of 5,211
Mar 3, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #3,764 of 5,211
I owned v2 when I picked up a used SE. Ended up selling the v2 for about $600 less than I paid for the SE. I believe that was about 'fair', or maybe 'a bit high' in terms of the cost vs value for the 'upgrade' to me. I definitely would not have paid $1500 more for the SE.

I do like the drivability, and to my ears, the SE are a bit 'fuller' in the mids, which I preferred over the v2 which seemed a bit thinner/more delicate. Sort of piano vs harpsicord if you will.

Hope that might help a bit.
great refences, thanks.

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #3,765 of 5,211
Was lucky enough to get my hands on the HE1000SE and after just a few days of playing with them I’m happily selling my Arya Stealth and am planning on settling in with these for the long haul. I have the same feeling now as I did when I first bought my HE-500 (which I still own 11 years later). These just blow me away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back