Hifiman HE1000-SE
Dec 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #2,221 of 5,211
In case anyone has yet to try, but if you have a LP laying around, hook it balanced with your He1000se and achieve nirvana. In was getting ready to sell my cap modded LP so decided to give it one last listen with my He1000se because ive never done so and within 30 min i decided not to sell my LP anymore. IDK why, but it sounds more dynamic and punchy than my GSX-mini. Running a pair of Sylvania D getter 6922 from '63 and it sounds so lush.
Yes it does. It’s the same thing with the Susvara’s. The LP is superb with Hifiman headphones in general.

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #2,222 of 5,211
Yes it does. It’s the same thing with the Susvara’s. The LP is superb with Hifiman headphones in general.
Whats the magic sauce? how is a $500 headphone sound better than my $2000 SS and $1600 OTL amp? Now i wanna tube roll my LP again.

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,223 of 5,211
Whats the magic sauce? how is a $500 headphone sound better than my $2000 SS and $1600 OTL amp? Now i wanna tube roll my LP again.
For me it was getting a set of 6922 to 12UA7 tube adapters and getting a set of 7730 and 5814wa tubes. The LP has the power, the upgraded tubes along with the cap mod provides the sound.

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2,224 of 5,211
Great..........one more audio amp that I thought I'd be selling soon, Thanks @shafat777 :rolling_eyes:
I haven't really used my cap modded LP since getting the Pendant, and soon I'll have the Bigger Ben so the LP may go either way.

I do NOT have a HE1000se or Susvara ............yet........... but I am seriously considering one of these hp to go with my Empy and VO.

I'm currently in the 'read as much as possible' about these 2 hp mode we all know too well. I don't think I can demo either of these, other than with a 30 day trial, or buying here using the HeadFi classified ads.

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #2,226 of 5,211
Great..........one more audio amp that I thought I'd be selling soon, Thanks @shafat777 :rolling_eyes:
I haven't really used my cap modded LP since getting the Pendant, and soon I'll have the Bigger Ben so the LP may go either way.

I do NOT have a HE1000se or Susvara ............yet........... but I am seriously considering one of these hp to go with my Empy and VO.

I'm currently in the 'read as much as possible' about these 2 hp mode we all know too well. I don't think I can demo either of these, other than with a 30 day trial, or buying here using the HeadFi classified ads.
I know how you feel. I feel the same way. I was getting ready to box up the thing. I wanted to listen to my beloved LP which i spent countless hours with. The He1000se is the only HP i didnt try with my LP so figured, why not? And bam......i m in love with the LP once again. FUDGE !!

Dec 27, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #2,227 of 5,211
I know how you feel. I feel the same way. I was getting ready to box up the thing. I wanted to listen to my beloved LP which i spent countless hours with. The He1000se is the only HP i didnt try with my LP so figured, why not? And bam......i m in love with the LP once again. FUDGE !!
Ok packed it up again and sell it to me and I'll verify it. :slight_smile:

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #2,229 of 5,211
Ok packed it up again and sell it to me and I'll verify it. :slight_smile:
Haha had i not listened my He1000se with the LP, i most likely would send those to you for verification

Dec 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #2,230 of 5,211
Anyone use a Questyle CMA 12 with their He1000se? Just bought one yesterday. Not sure why but I'll see what this can do with my other planars.

Dec 28, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #2,231 of 5,211
Running a pair of Sylvania D getter 6922 from '63 and it sounds so lush.

Those are indeed nice tubes.

For me personally, the best 6922's on the planet are Amperex PQ, USA D-getter '59 or '60, which bettered my Siemens CCA's and Reflektor "Holy Grails". Tube amps with HEKse are killer (but HEKse sounds pretty damned good with anything, including an ipad/iphone). Quality tube amps with the right tubes really highlight the incredible sound stage and holography of which the HEKse is capable. I'm running tube pre and power amps.

EDIT: never heard the Amperex pinched waist, but I assume those are even better.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,232 of 5,211
Anyone use a Questyle CMA 12 with their He1000se? Just bought one yesterday. Not sure why but I'll see what this can do with my other planars.

Yes I, it is a very good constellation! I am very satisfied.
The 12 is a very potent headphone amplifier and fits very well with the SE.
The sound is perfect.
I'm curious about your opinion when you have it.

Dec 28, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #2,233 of 5,211
Yes I, it is a very good constellation! I am very satisfied.
The 12 is a very potent headphone amplifier and fits very well with the SE.
The sound is perfect.
I'm curious about your opinion when you have it.

Thanks. Not sure if it's any good when I decide to buy it. Pity I can't use my Yggdrasil with it but probably good to have an all in one to compliment my other tube amps. Probably a few more days before the hekse is delivered to me. Maybe around the same time as the CMA12.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #2,234 of 5,211
We listened with my friend Questyle Twelve via active speaker and we prefered it over RME ADI2 and Mytek Brooklyn.
I think there is not much really capable all in one systems as regards headphone amp maybe very costly Hugo TT2, Twelve seems like another one Questyle claim it is got thier reference amp.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #2,235 of 5,211
We listened with my friend Questyle Twelve via active speaker and we prefered it over RME ADI2 and Mytek Brooklyn.
I think there is not much really capable all in one systems as regards headphone amp maybe very costly Hugo TT2, Twelve seems like another one Questyle claim it is got thier reference amp.

I have been to Minidisc, a head-fi shop in downtown Sydney and they have the whole range of Questyle amps there but I've never ever ask to audition those amps with the headphones I wanted to try. The last time I was there, I ask to try on LCD-4 with Auris Nirvana instead. I have not heard Nirvana before so that was the first time.

Besides Ragnarok, I've not put my money on a solid state amp - Jotunheim not counted. :) I bought this CMA 12 from someone who has own it for just 2 months so I thought if he sells it in 2 months, it must be bad but then I read the few reviews here on head-fi loaner program and it was very favourable.

So I'll try it. If it's not for buying the He1000se, I probably wouldn't have bought the CMA 12. Who knows why I would need to buy another ss amp just because I bought He1000se but perhaps I also wanted to try the CMA 12 on my LCD-3f, LCD-X and HD800... and perhaps I'll use it as a preamp to my Redgum amp driving my Axis Voicebox S speakers. The remote control will come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back