Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 6, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #5,026 of 5,216
just heads up i have tried Violectric HPA V222 it does not pair well with he1000se or my hd6xx anyone tried the new mjolnir-3 with he1000se?
Can you elaborate?

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #5,027 of 5,216
Can you elaborate?
Ye my hd6xx lost presence and soundstage and with he1000se it had much more presence but soundstage smaller and it could not pick things in the sound if it get faster or slower so if guitar been faster it will not sound like it get faster but if I switch to topping e30 pro it does get faster and slower and more soundstage tho hpa v222 had much more better Timber better and fuller vocals but at the cost of soundstage and speed.

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #5,028 of 5,216
Ye my hd6xx lost presence and soundstage and with he1000se it had much more presence but soundstage smaller and it could not pick things in the sound if it get faster or slower so if guitar been faster it will not sound like it get faster but if I switch to topping e30 pro it does get faster and slower and more soundstage tho hpa v222 had much more better Timber better and fuller vocals but at the cost of soundstage and speed.
Thanks

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #5,029 of 5,216
What’s your DAC?

But yea the MJ3 is amazing with the HEK. However the MJ3 is very resolving. If your DAC is weak, it will sound horrible.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #5,031 of 5,216
2 dacs topping e30 and smsl do300
You’ll likely get better sound by upgrading your DAC. The ones you quoted are great in “tech” but most of that is for show and not for sound. As they say, you get what you paid for.

The amp you have is good enough but it’s being held back by your DAC. If you can afford it get the Yggy GS2 from Schiit while it’s still cheap and available. That thing used to cost 2.5k usd and is comparable to 5k+ usd DACs.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #5,032 of 5,216
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #5,033 of 5,216
If it's clarity/soundstage you're after, try the new Fiio LL-RC Furukawa cable.
Modular 3.5/4.4mm to 3.5mm HP, in 1.5m and 2m. Well build, solid construction.
I have one in use and the second is on his way :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #5,034 of 5,216
If it's clarity/soundstage you're after, try the new Fiio LL-RC Furukawa cable.
Modular 3.5/4.4mm to 3.5mm HP, in 1.5m and 2m. Well build, solid construction.
I have one in use and the second is on his way :wink:
Cable should be the very last upgrade. The improvement is like 0.1% at best.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #5,035 of 5,216
Cable should be the very last upgrade. The improvement is like 0.1% at best.
I agree on the...very last upgrade!
But for the second statement you should first try the cable and let me know of it's 0.1%...you would be surprised.
There is no benefit for me to post anything, only if it's worth as a tip for HP owners in general.

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #5,036 of 5,216
I agree on the...very last upgrade!
But for the second statement you should first try the cable and let me know of it's 0.1%...you would be surprised.
There is no benefit for me to post anything, only if it's worth as a tip for HP owners in general.
Well, I am one who acquired a Lavricables Grand for my HE1000se mainly for the looks, 4.4 mm termination, and to prove a point to myself, whereby I was not surprised to have neither heard nor measured a difference from the stock XLR cable when correcting a 0.5 dB or something loudness difference, or likewise the Meze silver-plated upgrade cable.

Again, some people may perceive differences or improvements anyways, but my stance is that the cause is more likely psychological or issues with the A/Bing methodology, and as such, prescribing cables as a solution is hardly as reliable as properly done EQ or DSP.

Since I've always had the FiiO K9 Pro ESS since my entering the hobby 13 months ago, other than my having not heard differences between three DACs and amps for three Abyss Diana MRs at an audio show (identical tonality and classical orchestral texture/"detail" for a good recording on Tidal even with just a cursory volume match), my experience of DACs and amps is still open-ended whereby I wouldn't mind someday owning a Holo Audio stack to either prove a point or experience a revelation.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #5,037 of 5,216
Since I've always had the FiiO K9 Pro ESS since my entering the hobby 13 months ago....
No offence, but I don't expect that you "maby" can hear any difference after 13 months.
It toke me decade's of experience when I was able to do that.
At the moment, after more then 50 years, I can hear in a split second what to look for.
I know there are many people who simply can't hear final nuances and there is no shame in that. (I was once one of them)

I appriciate if people have an open mind, because they will be rewarded in the long term.

As a side note: Meze Furukawa cable cost over 400 euro's for 1.3m.
FiiO Furukawa cost only 80 euro for 1.5m and it's having a modular 3.5/4.4mm plug.
After hearing the difference can you try to understand why I posted that argument?

Final word for anyone else : you're all probally right, let's leave it at that. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #5,038 of 5,216
No offence, but I don't expect that you "maby" can hear any difference after 13 months.
It toke me decade's of experience when I was able to do that.
At the moment, after more then 50 years, I can hear in a split second what to look for.
I know there are many people who simply can't hear final nuances and there is no shame in that. (I was once one of them)

I appriciate if people have an open mind, because they will be rewarded in the long term.

As a side note: Meze Furukawa cable cost over 400 euro's for 1.3m.
FiiO Furukawa cost only 80 euro for 1.5m and it's having a modular 3.5/4.4mm plug.
After hearing the difference can you try to understand why I posted that argument?

Final word for anyone else : you're all probally right, let's leave it at that. :wink:
It is one thing to be able to "notice" a "difference", as I "might" "if I'm not paying attention", while it's another thing to be able to go back and listen closely and make those differences disappear, i.e. realizing the unreliability of one's own hearing in sighted A/Bing conditions. Consider the phenomenon of switching from A to B and hearing an "improvement", then switching from B to A and happening to hear the same "improvement" until one realizes they were always the same in the first place. In a world where I lacked any skepticism whatsoever, I could have probably fallen into the feedback loop of confirmation bias, letting either random or suggested differences get reinforced in my perception. Nonetheless, some may be more susceptible to perceiving consistent differences, which is okay so long as those individuals do not force their subjective experiences upon physical reality, inadvertently exiting the subjective and making objective assertions about electrical and acoustic properties or conflating such with psychoacoustic responses. Meanwhile, it seems contradictory for you to prescribe even a relatively inexpensive cable as being particularly likely to impart noticeable differences while also describing the requirement of "decades of experience" to tell apart said differences, unless said experience was only required for DACs and amps.

In the converse, I would prescribe an "open mind" toward the likes of EQ and DSP insofar as they have brought me closer toward convincing imaging of symphonic music among others without perceived sonic detriment provided that a good compensation EQ is applied with the help of in-ear mics.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #5,039 of 5,216
Well, I am one who acquired a Lavricables Grand for my HE1000se mainly for the looks
Also thinking about the Lavricables Grand for HE1000se, but as much as they look great, I'm just too afraid to pair HE1000se with silver cables. It comes to me more naturally to get some nice OCC copper-based cable for them to balance out the overall sound.

But I'm yet to find similarly well-made cable comparable by quality of construction to Lavricables in pure copper version, especially in Europe.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #5,040 of 5,216
Also thinking about the Lavricables Grand for HE1000se, but as much as they look great, I'm just too afraid to pair HE1000se with silver cables. It comes to me more naturally to get some nice OCC copper-based cable for them to balance out the overall sound.

But I'm yet to find similarly well-made cable comparable by quality of construction to Lavricables in pure copper version, especially in Europe.
I can’t afford those cables and I’m more of a practical and value guy. Looks are secondary to sound quality for me. Instead, I got the closest to the Susvara stock cables in sound quality with the audiophile Ninja cables.

The cables are tough with zero distortion when I tested it right next to my power cables and sounds just as good at 15 feet length compared to the Susvara stock cables and cost me like 100 usd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back