Hifiman HE1000-SE
Sep 25, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #4,457 of 5,574
Sep 25, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #4,460 of 5,574
Did you hear back from them?
If the A-stock HE1000 SE's are sent from China, I'm considering refurbished, but I'm not sure if they have these in stock in EU. Would be great if it was noted on the homepage :)
I got a response on Thursday, then I replied to the same mail asking about EU stock and I’ve yet to get a response from them.

Sep 25, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #4,461 of 5,574
Aside from the Susvara, what other headphones would you say are more detailed than the HEKSE? (excluding Estats)
Since it doesn’t look like anyone else answered this question, I’ll go; to my ears, in my system, etc., etc., the DCA Expanse is clearly more detailed. Though it does present less of the room presence.

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #4,462 of 5,574
Since it doesn’t look like anyone else answered this question, I’ll go; to my ears, in my system, etc., etc., the DCA Expanse is clearly more detailed. Though it does present less of the room presence.
How do you find the transient quality or impact on the DCA Expanse by comparison? Though my 2.1 W balanced K9 Pro ESS at the audition was able to get it plenty loud with a clear sound, transients didn't sound or feel as sharp as on my EQed Arya Stealth and the EQed Meze Elite that I settled for. I could suppose the lack of a 1 kHz to 2 kHz dip (relative to Harman) may contribute to perception of "detail", else the treble maybe being smoother and not masking anything. I was otherwise in the camp of those who find it a bit closed-in.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #4,463 of 5,574
Aside from the Susvara, what other headphones would you say are more detailed than the HEKSE? (excluding Estats)

The Abyss 1266 TC? (I'm tempted to say "definitely), and maybe the LCD-5, but I have to audition this with the HeKSE in order to be sure. I do not expect the differences to be too dramatic in either case, as far as detail retrieval goes. But out of these three, my preference is definitely the Abyss TC, even though it does not leave the HeKSE too far behind, to my ears. YMMV

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #4,464 of 5,574
How do you find the transient quality or impact on the DCA Expanse by comparison? Though my 2.1 W balanced K9 Pro ESS at the audition was able to get it plenty loud with a clear sound, transients didn't sound or feel as sharp as on my EQed Arya Stealth and the EQed Meze Elite that I settled for. I could suppose the lack of a 1 kHz to 2 kHz dip (relative to Harman) may contribute to perception of "detail", else the treble maybe being smoother and not masking anything. I was otherwise in the camp of those who find it a bit closed-in.
Personally I find it hard to talk about impact for a headphone. They are all pretty close, to my ears. What I will say is the Expanse can sound dulled, like being in a soundproof room. The damping is a double edged sword. The headphones show nothing but the recording, with absolutely nothing in the way; but it’s not really normal for most people to listen to all of their music in an anechoic chamber.

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #4,466 of 5,574
They told me that HE1000SE is out of stock in their warehouse in Poland.
They told me yesterday that they had 1 pair left in EU. But I decided against it at the last minute, and I'm now looking to buy the Stealth from a local retailer.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #4,468 of 5,574
Strange, was that recently? They just gave me a link to Italian Amazon to buy them from there, obviously for a higher price.
I think it makes sense, the last pair they had probably sold while I was thinking, and before they replied to you? I think they are moving quite a lot of units to be honest. They also suggested the Amazon links to me, if I wanted an alternative option, but as you say, this is more expensive than ordering directly from them. I was also linked to the product on their main page, and told that if I ordered through there, I would get the last unit they had available in the EU.
So from my end, it all makes sense, and they were quite quick to reply and answer a few other questions I had. Good customer experience for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back