Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 26, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #3,423 of 5,212
Funny how our ears may hear differently then a FR graphs...
I was looking to upgrade my Sundara... I tried a HE1000se and it was too bright as the FR seems to indicate...
Then i ordered a HE1000v2 blind and i'm so happy i did it. Even if the FR seems to tell me otherwise i hear it kind of more relax and a touch warmer... Sure i may read wrongly the FR... but as always listening with our ears should be the final judge😀

Your ears are correct. He1000v2 is more relax, warmer and has a fullness of body. He1000se is brighter, more treble and a leaner tone. Despite that I prefer the He1000se but I use a Susvara now which is the best of the lot.

Jul 27, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #3,424 of 5,212
Your ears are correct. He1000v2 is more relax, warmer and has a fullness of body. He1000se is brighter, more treble and a leaner tone. Despite that I prefer the He1000se but I use a Susvara now which is the best of the lot.
Thanks for my ears😉but my point (sorry if it was not clear) was not that the v2 is warmer then the se (the FR seems to confirm this) but that the v2 is more relax and warmer then the Sundara (and the FR seems to say the opposite).
Anyway i'll like to try a Susvara but i'm not ready to start this long road😉

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #3,425 of 5,212
Is getting the ferrum OOR and hypsos worth it for the HE1000SE? I hear the HE sounds great on just about anything so im not sure if it would be a massive difference from the fiio k9pro. But im also thinking about getting a ferrum with it because i can get other headphones to use with it that require more power.
the whole more headphones aside to use with the ferrum is it still worth it to get the ferrum just to power the HE or is the difference really not $4000 extra from the k9pro?

Jul 28, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #3,426 of 5,212
Do not think that He1000se is adequately serve with just any amp or an iPhone. As I go up the amp chain I find He1000se scaling considerably. Amps I've used it with - Woo Audio Wa22, Studio Six, Oblivion, Odyssey, Violectric v280, Auralic Taurus Mk2, Questyle CMA12, Schiit Mjolnir 2.

Whether it's $4000 better, is a question this hobby cannot answer. Only your wallet can.

Jul 28, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #3,427 of 5,212
Jul 29, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #3,428 of 5,212
Is getting the ferrum OOR and hypsos worth it for the HE1000SE? I hear the HE sounds great on just about anything so im not sure if it would be a massive difference from the fiio k9pro. But im also thinking about getting a ferrum with it because i can get other headphones to use with it that require more power.
the whole more headphones aside to use with the ferrum is it still worth it to get the ferrum just to power the HE or is the difference really not $4000 extra from the k9pro?
SE can sounds good on just about anything, although to get it to sound great you will need a great sounding source, amp and DAC.

Fiio make good gear so probably a bit better, but don't expect night and day difference.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,429 of 5,212
i havent listen to ferrum OOR but, based on the many rave reviews in difference sources, no doubt it's a very high quality amp and a higher tier amp than K9pro that well worth the investment. but if you're aiming to get more variety or difference in presentation of music, i believe buying different headphones will make more audible differences.

obviously we all hear differently and has different listening ability/skills so there will be very different (valid) answers for this question. this is very controversial but my own experience is decent dac/amps with adequate power have quite minor difference in terms of sound quality (except for hiss which could be very audible in some amps with sensitivity/low impedance headphones). and actually i found myself wanting for different presentations with different music genres (synergy/compatibility with music genre?) so i decide to buy quite a lot headphones/iems but just a few DAP/dac/amp.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #3,430 of 5,212
Funny how our ears may hear differently then a FR graphs...
I was looking to upgrade my Sundara... I tried a HE1000se and it was too bright as the FR seems to indicate...
Then i ordered a HE1000v2 blind and i'm so happy i did it. Even if the FR seems to tell me otherwise i hear it kind of more relax and a touch warmer... Sure i may read wrongly the FR... but as always listening with our ears should be the final judge😀
I think it's about overall aggressiveness of the sound. For example DT 770 have mountains of treble but Sundara sound more brighter/offensive to me. HEKv2 known to have softer presentation. For example Ananda have more treble than Sundara too but Ananda sounds less bright to me due to same reason.

Sep 25, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #3,431 of 5,212
Ditto, I sold my brilliant HFM (Arya v2) for a HEKv2 which I preferred to the SE.

The Arya has a hot spot around 5k, impossible to mitigate it.. i tested everything but great dynamics was still shining through. Too bad because almost as good as the family HEKs. That said, I don't regret it, the HEKv2 is enchanting, a bit hot but easy to correct according to your preferences. A great Arya without crazy treble.

PS sorry for my English.

Sep 25, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #3,433 of 5,212
Is this due to, fatigue via too much detail?

Sep 25, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #3,434 of 5,212
I have both the V2 and SE. I find the V2 a little softer, more diffuse, and the SE a little more focused, incisive. I think the V2 is lovely, but I still think the SE is a slightly better headphone, technically. I wish both were less bright, but with a healthy dose of EQ it can be quite fine.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #3,435 of 5,212
I'm listening to HEKV2 right now and almost crying.
It's so detailed and has a huge stage.
Tomorrow I receive HEKSE.
I thought my endgame was HE6seV2.
screw my life LOLOL
It's so clear.
Imagine HEKSE tomorrow?
Setup is from my signature but instead of Questyle, the DAC is Schiit Bifrost 2 OG.
I'm revaluating my life right now LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back