HiFiMAN HE-Adaptor VS. HiFiMAN EF-6 for the HE-6 phones. 2 channel amp used will be the Balanced Audio Technology VK-600SE.
Jul 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Leebrian

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I will be purchasing a pair of power hungry HiFiMAN HE-6 phones and want to know if the HiFiMAN HE-Adaptor would work well with my high powered 2-channel amp, BALANCED AUDIO TECHNOLOGY VK-600SE. The amp outputs 300 watts/ch @ 8ohms and 600 watts/ch @ 4ohms.

1. I'm wondering with that much power output, does the HiFiMAN HE-Adaptor have enough resistance to keep from blowing or distroying the headphones or damaging the BAT amp in anyway.

2. Also wondering if the sound quality of the BAT VK-600SE amp would be JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER  than the HiFiMAN EF-6 headphone amp specialy designed for the HE-6 headphones.

I would love to save some money and go with the HE-Adaptor, but I'm not sure if its a proper fit with my BAT amp.

Thank you, any opinions from experience would be much appreciated.

Leebrian

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi there, 
I am using the HE-adapter to connect my TAKET H2+(about 5000ohms) with the amp(60 watt per channel).
But it seems that still not powerful enough.
I just wondering is it the problem of the HE-adapter or the amp?
And, are there any output restrictions in HE-adapter?

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi,
I personally have not heard or seen of this brand of headphone. Very interesting.
Every time i think I've seen most stuff out there, i see something new.
I love it.
How do you like the TAKET H2+.?
How do they compare with the Audese LCD3, or HiFiMAN HE-6, or other top phones?

I'm not sure I can answer your question though. I'm trying to find out how he HE-Adapter works myself.
All i know is that its some resistors lowering the amplified power to a certain degree.
To what degree, i have no idea. Thats one of my questions. To what degree?
I dont know what the "output restictions" are, for the HE-Adapter .
I sent an e-mail to HiFiMAN but havn't heard back from them yet.

Thnx.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 7
hi,
I cannot tell how it sound like since I still not even drive it loud!
Some guys would tell you this should be one of the best of the world, and it tasted different form both stax and dynamics.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566268/taket-bpp-portable-supertweeter-and-h2-headphone-head-fi-tv-episode-010
Jude's video review is above.

There is also a special transformer called TR2 which like HE-adapter can help this H2+ to connect the speaker amp. But since it is very expensive(almost 1000 dollars), I wish I can replace it by HE-adapter, and I failed.

http://www.taket.jp/h2/h2.html
website about taket H2+ above.

I hope it can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back