HIFIMAN HE-500 repair - HELP!!
Jul 27, 2014 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Krisman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have done something rather foolish and accidentally broken off one of the earcups from the headband on my HIFIMAN HE500s :frowning2:

There are 2 little screws that are fixed underneath the material on the headband and I cannot see a way of screwing the screws back into the fixing on the cup.

Anyone got any ideas?

I am in the UK so if anyone knows of companies that do headband replacement/repair I would be most grateful!

Thanks

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Why not contact your local Hifiman retailer? they may be able to give you assistance

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 6
My pair just suffered the exact same damage. I bought them on ebay and I don't have their documents (so I can send them back to HiFiMAN for repair). I personally haven't used them in an irresponsible way. The plastic fixing that the two screws go into seem to have cracked and the screws just won't stay fixed. I have no idea what I can do. Any suggestions?

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 6
Hey, I am tempted to take off the leather headband just to get access to the screws. I have some friends who are good with sewing so will get a new pad and leather and suppose I could call them customised headphones then? :)
Very annoying thought a very bad design by HiFiMAN! :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back