Hifiman EF6 is finally out...
Dec 24, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 16
Too late for me, I have ordered the Audio-gd Master-6!

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 16
popcorn.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 16
Hmm, that's quite a price jump from the EF-5.  It'll be interested to read how it compares to the other heavyweights in its price class.  Perhaps a Phoenix, Master 5 and EF-6 showdown?
popcorn.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
Hmm, that's quite a price jump from the EF-5.  It'll be interested to read how it compares to the other heavyweights in its price class.  Perhaps a Phoenix, Reference 5 and EF-6 showdown?
popcorn.gif

Reference 5 is a DAC
wink_face.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #11 of 16
i have heard Audio-gd 10SE before. I had high hopes. i almost bought one myself, but figured that NY meet was so close and i should give it a listen first. Personally i was not that impressed.

Yes, it's a great $500 amp, and it is fully balanced with a good DAC inside. Unfortunately the sound is kind of thin with not much musicality. it is a great choice for an office desk, but i wouldn't use it as my main gear. That's just me. :)

Quote:
or audio-gd 10-se lol... for 1/2 the price.

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 16
Looks quite good design. Big words from them like "world class preamp" etc..It is still young company and this is their first serious amp! I do not want be sceptical but hope guys who will buy it, it will be worth because it should be it is priced high and if not it will not be funny.

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 16
I helped Fang to demo the prototype EF6 at both the Canjam show and NY meets this year. The feedback is quite positive. Schiit Audio, which is also a very new company, surprised everyone last year with their amp LYR. i think EF6 is kind of in the same boat. well...we will see. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back