Hifiman EF400 vs Topping E50/L50 stack
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Entropism

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered the Topping stack, which should be great for my needs, and then in a semi-inebriated stage, ordered the HF400. I'll be using the amp with an Edition XS, a JM modded HE-R9, and a Beyer Amiron Home. I know the EF400 does great with low impedance headphones and is less than ideal with higher impedance cans, and the Amirons are 250 Ohm.

Aside from sound, my main concern was swapping sources from my headphone stack to my speaker/subwoofer dac/amp, and the hifiman seems to make this a tedious process by having to swap sources in windows, while the Topping stack would have a bypass switch right on the unit.

Would the sound quality be a marked improvement to validate keeping the Hifiman unit?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I've had the l50/e50 several times for the business and you can't do much better. The noise floor is so quiet and filter 1 or 3 on the e50 has best performance. For IEMs in low gain you can't beat it either. Do a blind, volume matched test and hear for yourself.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 3
EF400 amp is definitely worth every penny. Love the analog sound, and if they prove to be hardy and long lasting, I think it’s just tough to beat this package. It has everything I need and nothing that I don’t. Build quality and packaging was also great. Highly recommended, and will surely post when I get my elites in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back