Hifiman EF2A
Apr 6, 2010 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sbill01

New Head-Fier
First time poster , just wondered if anyone can help me

I have just recieved the Hifiman ef2a after waiting near a month, the problem I have..... is I have plugged it into my cd player and connected via the DAC to my pc and barely seem to be getting any sound at all, this is when the CD button and dac button is used.

There is a slight humming that can be heard and a very faint sound of the music when I turn the volume up to its max theres a distorted almost gurgling sound but when I turn down half way its back to low sound. Either im deaf from all the listening or this unit may be broken.

I have tried different sets of cans but all have the same problem, I have also tried extra set of tubes but still no difference.

One thing I have done that may have affected it is change the 16v plug to a uk 12v do you think that could be the cause?

Any help greatly appreciated

regards
Steven

Aug 9, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 9
I just got my EF2a in the mail today, and I'm enjoying the listening test. The provided 110V 50/60Hz -> 16V AC adapter should work in the UK, provided you have a 220V > 120V adapter; perhaps this is what you discovered. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 9
Does anyone here know how to setup the DAC in windows 7? My computer simply does not recognize it. are there any external drivers that i must download?

Any help will be very appreciated!!

Thanks
Aditya

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Aditya,
Mine just plugged in and was automatically recognized but I am not on Win7.  If you have another computer you may want to check it out there to see if is an issue with the DAC v the computer (also, did you remember to switch the button to DAC?).

This link may help too...http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7music/thread/241a832c-e710-4710-8acf-c81167021f76

Good luck.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 9
Hey

So they ended up sending me another one and it works. This also seems to be a compltley new model with different tubes than the one i had previously. It sounds much better than the other one...just thought id check in.

Moral of the story: Code 43 in Windows is a malfunction with hardware...time to get new stuff haha

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #9 of 9
Hey sorry i didnt catch this earlier. It finally does work with my computer. It had a faulty sound car so they replaced it.

As for working with windows, it works perfectly. The sound is okay. It takes some playing around with different tubes to get what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back