HifiMan Edition S
Nov 29, 2016 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FullBright1

Headphoneus Supremus

-

-
--
-

Looking for something affordable that sounds really good?  Then here it is....as this new HiFiMan gear is the best Headphone value for your dollar that you'll find this year other then the Fostex T50 RP-MkIII's......  

Soundwise, (used in the open position) delivers overall smooth tonality, good dynamics, with just a hint of extra bass and treble dialed in, tho not for the sake of a "V" shape as you find with the B&W P7's  or Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6's for example.

I've discovered  that some  reviews of these cans  dismiss them for slightly weak mids or spiky highs or too much bass. = Horsefeathers & Nonsense, as they produce a very articulate and revealing sound, quite warm & SMOOTH.... Yet as i said,  with just a hint of extra bass and treble dialed in.... As a matter of fact, there is an airy quality regarding their high end that reminds me somewhat of the Audio Technica ATH-A1000Z.

These are described in the literature as "on ear" but they fit over my ears easily and comfortably.

Get the White ones as you'll save yourself $100 USD off the price of the black ones,  and after all, all your headphones are black aren't they ????, so, try something new as a change will do you good:)

Cable is detachable and upgradable.

Soundstage : 8 

Dynamics : 8

Clarity : 8.5

Separation of Instruments : 9

Comfort : 8

Build Quality : 7

Overall Tonality : Smooth, Pristine, Delicate.

Value : 11

FB1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back