Hifiman Deva vs Shure Aonic vs Sennheiser Momentum 3?
May 16, 2021 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bball

New Head-Fier
Looking for portable headphones to be used on the go around the house / not tied to my schiit dac / amp.

I don't care about noise canceling or open vs closed. Just want to get the most sound for my buck up to $350. I don't find in ear headphones comfortable so I'm not considering them.

I've been able to borrow 2 pairs of headphones from my dad with the option to buy: Grado Sr80 and Oppo PM3. Didn't think the Grado was special. It was ok. I did like the sound of the Oppo but I found the clamping force to be uncomfortable. After hearing the Oppo am interested in planar technology.

I have a local dealer that carries the 3 above listed headphone brands along with Meze, Audeze, B&W and Audio Technica. However due to covid they don't have any demo pairs. They just told me to buy them and return what I don't like. They then sell them as open box at reduced cost (they have momentum 3 discounted for that reason currently)

I am asking all of you knowledgeable folk to help me narrow in on one or two headphones to buy so I don't create unnecessary returns.

If you have other recommendations I'm open to buying online too. I'm also open to wired headphones as long as they can be driven by the iPhone headphone dongle. I'm not interested in getting a portable dac amp as it seems like too many wires/ items in my pocket. The idea that the Deva has is cool to keep your pockets free.

Thanks in advance for your help! Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back