Hifiman Deva Pro R2R DAC - Windows 10/11 drivers?
Feb 11, 2022 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SoNic67

Head-Fier
I have posted this question in another thread, but I think that was the wrong thread, since this is a "help" question.

I am fresh owner of a Hifiman Deva Pro, with the R2R Bluetooth/DAC.
Now Looking on the Hifiman website they have some drivers, but I realized that they are for the previous Bluemini dongle. Installed on my PC, when I connect the USB to the R2R, gets an exclamation point/error. OK.
If I let Windows install the drivers, I get the default USB audio, that is capable of maximum 16 bit/48kHz. That's normal for MS USB Audio Class 1.0.
On LDAC I can get up to 24 bit 96kHz if I manually select in my Android phone (Developer settings). But even if LDAC sound very, very good, it is not truly lossless.

My question is - are there other drivers planned to be released for this DAC to support USB Audio Class 2.0? Or that's the best that can be done with the included hardware?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 8
That's normal for MS USB Audio Class 1.0.
No, UAC1 supports up to 24 bit / 96 kHz.

On connecting a USB device, the device enumeration starts.
This means the client will tell the host its properties.
16/48 is typical for Bluetooth but for USB is is a very dated spec as this was common in the 2000-2010 area.
Ask Hifiman what the USB secs are.

Feb 12, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 8
The limitation would be on the Bluemini side, not on the Windows side. Maybe the chip they're using for USB is dated or they simply haven't enabled higher rates. It's likely a pretty cheap component since bluetooth is the main intended function of the Bluemini

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 8
In this review they claim to have set 24/192 for the Bluemini connected from a PC. I wonder what they did, since I'm reading that the "16/48" problem is common to other users... are we incapable or are there people here who are making fun of us?

https://moonstarreviews.net/hifiman-deva-pro-review/

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 8
In this review they claim to have set 24/192 for the Bluemini connected from a PC. I wonder what they did, since I'm reading that the "16/48" problem is common to other users... are we incapable or are there people here who are making fun of us?

https://moonstarreviews.net/hifiman-deva-pro-review/
any news @TeamHiFiMAN?
I just bought Deva Pro with bluemini r2r and:
1. in USB dac mode no possibility to use 24bit/96khz or higher, why?
2. volume on windows is too loud even on minimal, on highest probably you could damage the headphones.
3. USB dac on Android os visible as an keyboard...

there are good things to:
with iphone BT and AAC sounds quality is almost the same as LDAC on Android (both with apple music setup to the best possible quality) and with better battery.

any firmware update? just better USB dac, please 😀
I could be your beta tester @TeamHiFiMAN 😉

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 8
any news @TeamHiFiMAN?
I just bought Deva Pro with bluemini r2r and:
1. in USB dac mode no possibility to use 24bit/96khz or higher, why?
2. volume on windows is too loud even on minimal, on highest probably you could damage the headphones.
3. USB dac on Android os visible as an keyboard...

there are good things to:
with iphone BT and AAC sounds almost the same as LDAC on Android (both with apple music setup to best possible quality) and with better battery.

any firmware update? just better USB dac, please 😀
I could be your beta tester @TeamHiFiMAN 😉
To my question they pretended not to understand and replied that depending on the song they follow the sampling but it is obviously impossible given that Windows recognizes it as a maximum of 16/48. Either they release a special driver or stay like this (16/48 maximum), so it will stay like this. :frowning2:
What a pity.
Maybe for the Deva the volume is too high, but I use it with R10D and it's right and as for Android I haven't tried connecting it with a cable also because with LDAC it reaches its maximum (24/96).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back