HifiMan Customer Service (Bad Experience)
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fra107

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I just want to share my recent experience with HifiMan customer service.

I'm not a rich person, so when i saw the HE6se V2 (refurbished) at 509 dollars on their official store I decided to break my wallet and buy it!

I was afraid that I would spend a lot in import taxes, so before the purchase I sent them an email asking if it was possible to do something about it, they replied pretty quickly asking me what's my country, I replied after a few minutes.

Since then they disappeared for 4 days, and guess what was their reply:
"Hello Dear Customer
Thanks for your interest in our products.
Pls kindly note that HE6se V2 is currently out of stock.
Would you like to consider a brand new one?
We can ship it from our Poland warehouse to your country,
Thus there will be custom taxes.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards"

Well, first of all Poland and my country are both in EU, so no import taxes are involved, and most important, I made it clear that i'm not rich, you waited 4 days and then reply that I should buy it for almost 2k$ brand new? Are you kidding me?!

Not to mention that I still see the refurbished version for sale at 509$ and I can put it in the cart and buy it, but of course I'm not going to give them a penny after this!

Did I react badly? I literally sent them to **** off in a polite ish way.
What do you guys think? Any similar experience with them?
I really felt like they were joking and making fun of me!

Good listenings everyone!

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 20
Update:
They sent me another email explaining that they were short of staff in the last days because of some holidays.
They proposed me to buy BNIB HE6SE V2 at Black friday, not even being sure if it will be discounted, but it's in 1 1/2 months, I'm out of headphones now , so I don't want to wait that much not even knowing if it will be discounted, I'm still disappointed to be honest.

I think they could deal with this situation in a better way, like probably a company like Burson would do in a case like this.

Also, I wonder how many staff you need for replying to the emails?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 20
Last week was "golden week" in China, meaning most were off on holiday, which is most likely why they were slow to answer. I have reached out to them a few times, and have had an answer within 24 hours each time.

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 20
Yes, in a holiday season. Unfortunate, but I think that's not unreasonable tbh.
Are they just as slow responding this week, then it's pretty bad.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 20
Update:
They sent me another email explaining that they were short of staff in the last days because of some holidays.

It's harvest festival on this side of the world right now, which is basically thanksgiving, just a lot less of the kind of traffic jam that happens on the 405 and 5 in California.

Even the people who don't have a home outside the big cities are kind of like Americans with turkey, except it's not all the same day and it's a pastry...some with rather...er..."spicy" designs.
1697132554031.png

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 20
I'd double check how much they would be asking you to pay for the "new" pair. Hifiman Customer service is usually quite helpful I've found in the past. Good luck man :)

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 20
I'd double check how much they would be asking you to pay for the "new" pair. Hifiman Customer service is usually quite helpful I've found in the past. Good luck man :)
I've bought a second hand he6se v2, from ebay. I'm not going to pay 2k € for it.
Thanks for the suggestion
Their customer service is probably good, but they are so slow at replying, that's a problem if I have to be honest

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #12 of 20
Is someone still going to defend them after they reply like this to my request of buying from them a comfy headband for the HE6SE V2?

"Dear customer,
Thank you for the reply.
Please kindly note we do not have any other headband which is compatible with the HE6SE V2 after consulting our technical team.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Lying to the customers is the worst thing you can do as a company!
It takes 2 seconds to find out the thruth on the internet!
I swear that the whole conversation has been a freaking joke!
And it's a pity because the headphones themselves sound like heaven!

Attachments

• headband.jpg
    headband.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 20
Hi everyone, I just want to share my recent experience with HifiMan customer service.

I'm not a rich person, so when i saw the HE6se V2 (refurbished) at 509 dollars on their official store I decided to break my wallet and buy it!

I was afraid that I would spend a lot in import taxes, so before the purchase I sent them an email asking if it was possible to do something about it, they replied pretty quickly asking me what's my country, I replied after a few minutes.

Since then they disappeared for 4 days, and guess what was their reply:
"Hello Dear Customer
Thanks for your interest in our products.
Pls kindly note that HE6se V2 is currently out of stock.
Would you like to consider a brand new one?
We can ship it from our Poland warehouse to your country,
Thus there will be custom taxes.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards"

Well, first of all Poland and my country are both in EU, so no import taxes are involved, and most important, I made it clear that i'm not rich, you waited 4 days and then reply that I should buy it for almost 2k$ brand new? Are you kidding me?!

Not to mention that I still see the refurbished version for sale at 509$ and I can put it in the cart and buy it, but of course I'm not going to give them a penny after this!

Did I react badly? I literally sent them to **** off in a polite ish way.
What do you guys think? Any similar experience with them?
I really felt like they were joking and making fun of me!

Good listenings everyone!

Definitely agreeing with you. Their ways are.. mediocre - ish. That refurb is still up described to be available to EU as well.

They proposed me to buy BNIB HE6SE V2 at Black friday, not even being sure if it will be discounted, but it's in 1 1/2 months,

ROFL :sob:

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #14 of 20
I have an update, it may be useful for the other HE6SE V2 owners, this is what they just emailed me:

''Please kindly note what you mentioned should be about fitting the V1 headband onto the V2. But, as far as I know, our official store does not support such modifications because it would void the warranty.
You can check it in the attached picture.''

Attachments

• 微信图片_20231018145510[1483].png
    微信图片_20231018145510[1483].png
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #15 of 20
I have an update, it may be useful for the other HE6SE V2 owners, this is what they just emailed me:

''Please kindly note what you mentioned should be about fitting the V1 headband onto the V2. But, as far as I know, our official store does not support such modifications because it would void the warranty.
You can check it in the attached picture.''
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back