Hifiman Closed Back (Semi Open) Planar Headphone

Would you buy Hifiman Closed Back Planar?

• No, closed backs just can´t sound good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 3, 2018 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Fhyryy

New Head-Fier
Ether C Flow, Aeon Flow, LCD-XC, LCD2 Closed Back, Blackwood, HD820, Elegia .....

Every headphone manufacturer makes some closed back headphones. Why not Hifiman? I like Hifiman headphones and earphones but their open backs leaks just too much. I had Edition X V2 but I returned them. They can be heard through entire house even when I´m alone in my room with the doors closed. Just check Rtings measurements. It was my first experience with open back headphone. Closed Backs just makes sense so I´m wondering why Hifiman keeps releasing dozens of open backs but don´t have any single closed variant or at least semi open with some dampening foam or something (Edition S is rather insignificant).

I would appreciate closed back Hifiman planar.

Dec 3, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 3
Would be interesting but they probably just subscribe to the adage of "do what we do best" which is open planars. If they start doing closed headphones, they would have to spend a lot more money in R+D (design and tuning). I would assume the market for closed headphones is a lot smaller than open headphones as well so they might not even want to bother.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Would be interesting but they probably just subscribe to the adage of "do what we do best" which is open planars. If they start doing closed headphones, they would have to spend a lot more money in R+D (design and tuning). I would assume the market for closed headphones is a lot smaller than open headphones as well so they might not even want to bother.

Time to re-open this discussion. They announced bluetooth Ananda so your argument - "do what we do best" - is no longer valid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back