HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 6, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #3,616 of 11,867
Finally got around to getting an aftermarket cable. The brand is GUCraftsman. They mainly used to deal on alibaba but have made their way to amazon. The amazon photos much closer reflect the true-to-life color of the cables, which is a tad darker than I was able to capture with my phone's camera.

It took like 3 weeks to get the cable and it shipped maybe a day after ordering. Crazy good packing job too…took about 10 minutes just to open the package lol. So many layers of tape.

I got a copper and a silver (for science of course). Does it sound better than stock, no idea. Which cable sounds better, no idea, haven't done an A/B but I'm not holding my breath.

I mainly got this because I needed a longer, more flexible cable for my desktop setup. Going balanced was also a nice bonus to take advantage of all of the little Qudelix 5K's power potential.

The cable is very soft, flexible, which is everything I was looking for.

gucraftsman-silver-6ft.jpggucraftsman-copper-6ft.jpg
I'm looking forward to your SQ differences comparison of 5k and your desktop amps. For me 5k sounds really good, but eventually looking around for some desktop setup. :)

May 6, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #3,617 of 11,867
It's silver? I'm thinking of buying one, maybe with a touch of palladium, I remember the jump in overall sound quality when I replaced the AresII with a Penon Leo + cable on the Fearless S8f.
adedd
All the cables in my system are made of copper because I built my current system for the HD540RG which is thin in bass (although it can surprise in depth and texture)
Yes Signum+ is silver...

May 7, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #3,622 of 11,867
Do you have experience with these cables, and if you have how to describe them (in your own words), and if you don’t, why do you think they are worth noting
Thanks
+ great modular concept
+ good build quality with pro-connectors
+ looks and handles very good (not tangling and very pliant)
- microphonic

May 7, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #3,624 of 11,867
Do you have experience with these cables, and if you have how to describe them (in your own words), and if you don’t, why do you think they are worth noting
Thanks
I have to say they are WAY less microphonic than the stuck Ananda, Elex and LCD 2 F cables. built quality is outstanding IMO and for the price, you cant beat them.

May 7, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #3,626 of 11,867
I have to say they are WAY less microphonic than the stuck Ananda, Elex and LCD 2 F cables. built quality is outstanding IMO and for the price, you cant beat them.
Yes, old Audeze cables are quite bad. New ones without the material sleeve are 100%. By far the worst cables as far as microphony is concerned are stock Beyerdynamic.

May 7, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,628 of 11,867
I love my Forza Audioworks Hybrid cable but think about to buy an lavricable or invictus cable.

Has anyone expietenced lavricables with the Arya?

May 8, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #3,629 of 11,867
I heard these today and compared them to the focal clear.
Both exceptional but both so different....the Focal Clear seems like an amazing all rounder, very dynamic....but these Arya's when powered properly were a step above.

The Clears could be powered by my MOJO while the Arya needed more power and would need to be tethered at the desktop setup to sound its best

The Arya have a dimension to the soundstage that I have never heard before (width? or depth? I dunno how to explain it)......at first it sounded un-natural but the airiness to these headphones is also something else.

My only reservation is are they Ayra's more suited to classical and complicated music peices rather than just listening to a Green Day album lol

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,630 of 11,867
My only reservation is are they Ayra's more suited to classical and complicated music peices rather than just listening to a Green Day album lol
That is understandably everyone's first impression (mine too), but I think you'll find over time that Arya excels in modern music just as much as it does in classical & jazz. Personally, the only thing I really don't love on Arya is modern pop music where the mastering is, errr, "less than great". IMHO, Arya is a little too revealing for overly loud & bright music - which most modern pop is. But if the music is mastered well, as Green Day no doubt is, I think you'll find it sounds great on Arya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back