HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #2,237 of 11,945
The Arya stock cable is OCC? So the HartAudioCAble that I was using is not better than the stock cable then?
I highly doubt that the Hart cable is going to be better than the stock cable unless the stock cable has already fallen apart. The Hart cable does provide convenience though with its interconnect headphone cabling system.

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #2,238 of 11,945
I highly doubt that the Hart cable is going to be better than the stock cable unless the stock cable has already fallen apart. The Hart cable does provide convenience though with its interconnect headphone cabling system.

Yea I have both the Hart cable and the stock cable for Arya. I didnt know the stock one is OCC. I bought the Hart cable cause I wanted to go Balanced with the 4pin XLR.
That sucks then I thought the Hart cable is better for the price, guess not.

Aug 14, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #2,239 of 11,945
Yea I have both the Hart cable and the stock cable for Arya. I didnt know the stock one is OCC. I bought the Hart cable cause I wanted to go Balanced with the 4pin XLR.
That sucks then I thought the Hart cable is better for the price, guess not.
Ah, I see. Well, then it really boils down to your setup more than the cable unless something is wrong with one cable and not the other. In more than a few differential amps, more care was spent on the 4pin XLR output than the 1/4" TRS output, the latter being more of an after-thought. The Hart cable is nice for convenience and the prices are reasonable enough to have me thinking about purchasing a set of their interconnects and then make the rest of my headphone connections to them.

Oh yeah, quick Arya v2 update for anyone else who is interested. So, after three weeks or so, the sound and comfort of my Arya v2's are rounding out quite nicely. Some sonic differences include the Helmholtz resonance effect of the bass (heard by having the earcups float next to the ears) being little bit more subdued on the v2's, and the vocal presence in the mids being more present in the v2's than the v1's. With reference to the two songs below, the vocals were more buried in the mix with the v1's. Thankfully, the ootb treble harshness/roughness of the v2's has since been smoothed over. Over the past three weeks, I wasn't listening to the Arya's every day over that time. The cans that received some significant headtime were the HD800S, HE-500, LCD-2r2, and the HD6XX in my attempt to listen to the Arya v2's with less biased ears.

EDIT: grammar

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #2,240 of 11,945
Anyone have any reccos for braided XLR balanced cables? I saw these but I've never purchased anything off aliexpress LN006429 99% Pure Silver 8 Core Headphone Cable

I'm using Wywire Platinum XLR cable with my A90 and Aryas. It's not braided and a little spendy, but I'm enjoying the sound from this setup and the Platinum is much more premium feeling than the stock cable.

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #2,242 of 11,945
Aug 15, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #2,244 of 11,945
My Aryas arrived today. If I can get use to the comfort and cheap rickety construction...

I thought I ripped the yoke apart twice, but it was just the height adjustment of the “comfort” strap snapping several holes. Maybe an LCD-X in my future. 😟

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #2,245 of 11,945
My Aryas arrived today. If I can get use to the comfort and cheap rickety construction...

I thought I ripped the yoke apart twice, but it was just the height adjustment of the “comfort” strap snapping several holes. Maybe an LCD-X in my future. 😟
LCD-x is almost twice as heavy as the ARYA...so it is really down to you perfer comfort or secure build quality.

If u can look pass the below average build quality and dont treat roughly, Arya punches way beyond its price point, you are essentially getting a HE 1000 in cheaper build quality.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #2,246 of 11,945
LCD-x is almost twice as heavy as the ARYA...so it is really down to you perfer comfort or secure build quality.

If u can look pass the below average build quality and dont treat roughly, Arya punches way beyond its price point, you are essentially getting a HE 1000 in cheaper build quality.
Have you ever listened to the HE1000? If so, v1 or v2? thx

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #2,247 of 11,945
Have you ever listened to the HE1000? If so, v1 or v2? thx
I owned Ananda and Arya before both of them decide to die on me.
Currently using hekv2.

In my opinion jump from Ananda to arya actually justifies the price increase.

But the performance gain from Arya to hekv2 is about the same if you upgrade from hd650 to hd660.

Apart from on some female vocal the arya display way more sibilance compare to hekv2.

But that may have to do with my arya is the first revision and he hekv2 is the latest revision with the same build as 1000SE.

Aug 15, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #2,248 of 11,945
I owned Ananda and Arya before both of them decide to die on me.
Currently using hekv2.

In my opinion jump from Ananda to arya actually justifies the price increase.

But the performance gain from Arya to hekv2 is about the same if you upgrade from hd650 to hd660.

Apart from on some female vocal the arya display way more sibilance compare to hekv2.

But that may have to do with my arya is the first revision and he hekv2 is the latest revision with the same build as 1000SE.

So even with the Ananda at $700 now, the price difference with the Arya is still worth it?
Also you said both of your Ananda and Arya died on you? wow, how long did you have them? And did they just stop working?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #2,249 of 11,945
So even with the Ananda at $700 now, the price difference with the Arya is still worth it?
Also you said both of your Ananda and Arya died on you? wow, how long did you have them? And did they just stop working?
Yes the Arya kills them. Way better headphone.

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #2,250 of 11,945
Yes. Mainly due to brand new Arya can be had for around 1.3k ish those days.
My Ananda's right driver died after 2 months of use. Arya had issue with bass distortion from the right driver after 3 months.
Hifimans customer support is very responsive. So no complain there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back