1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. SilverEars
    560 was bright in the begining, and was still brighter later on. I really don't understand this hrs thing, it's not going to change the signature. Headphone drivers don't magically change sig over time. I really don't get where people get the idea for diver burn-in from? Don't yall question stuff? Like other possibilities? Your head? If you've been in this hobby long enough, you've had plenty of times to ponder stuff.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. devilboy
    I have a very powerful amp driving my Arya and I don't know what amplifier your using but the Arya is not bright. If it's bright you're using the wrong amp.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  3. Wifiman
    About burnt in, I have this pic for u. 微信图片_20190317010930.jpg
    BTW, I do check me hearing once a while so THANK YOU for that genius.
    I have 4 different amps that I tried them on all of them. jds labs atom, aune s7, tempotec b-hp and popu dh70. I am just confused why y'all said that, maybe there something special with my unit? I don't know. I had some friends that came AB with the two and they have the same impressions.

4. Serge Bernamej
    Agreed, Arya and MX4 are the 2 least bright high-fi headphones.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  5. mixman
    I also agree the Arya is is no way bright. The Ananda is bright, the Arya is not, as a matter of fact I find it a little too warm and laid back.

6. franz12
    How would you compare Ayra with HEKv2 and HEKse?

7. mixman
    That would be a tough comparison because I don't have the Arya right here. Just off hand I would say they are more like a warmer, mellower HEK V2. They don't have the detail or the bass of the SE. The soundstage would be closer to the V2. Some might prefer the Arya to a V2, because it is a little warmer sounding.

8. imran27
    Arya is a non fatiguing bright. MX4, you can't even think about brightness at all. They're like 2 complementary headphones.

He560 didn't have the treble aggression Arya has. Probably it is related to the resolution of the driver's in that spectrum. I don't personally find a huge difference in tonality from HE560 to Arya, I find they differ mainly on resolution and details. That could change the way we perceive tonality

If you wanna talk bright, think about DT 1990(A) with Jotunheim, that's bright.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  9. franz12
    Interesting. Look forward to hearing your impressions on hex and hek series.

10. mixman
    Try the HD800, Utopia and a DT990.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  11. imran27
    HD800 I totally agree.

Utopia isn't as bad in brightness as HD800 or DT 1990.

So for me, Arya is perfect sweet spot

12. mixman
    Wish I did have an Arya, and Susvara for comparison. I would have to take a couple days off work and have worse tinnitus afterwards, but I would have a smile..... even though I might not be able to hear anything for a while!

13. mixman
    Funny thing is, at the show I tried out the HD800 vs Utopia for a good 20-25 minutes and the HD800's highs irritated me the least, this despite the fact that I do think the Utopia is clearly better.

14. imran27
    You're absolutely right.

HD800 doesn't bother me for at least 30 minutes, after which it starts to Pierce my eardrums.

Utopia is not that aggressive in it's brightness.

Arya just has transients in highs that aren't overshot which gives resolution clarity and a sense of brightness without any fatigue

Wifiman likes this.
  15. franz12
    Ah. My mistake. Buy them all!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last