HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #332 of 11,867
Is 60%-70% of retail the typica range most pay for Hifiman?

If that's the case 30%-40% off Retail on Hifiman, someone please PM me the name of the dealer(s) that give that discount.

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #334 of 11,867
I searched high and low for a discount and could not find one for the Arya. That said, I was more than happy with paying full price after having heard them.

You can get them used or discounted at all, you’d better jump on them quickly! My only concern would be the warranty. I’m not sure it it’s transferable.

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #336 of 11,867
I searched high and low for a discount and could not find one for the Arya. That said, I was more than happy with paying full price after having heard them.

You can get them used or discounted at all, you’d better jump on them quickly! My only concern would be the warranty. I’m not sure it it’s transferable.
How does the Arya compare to the Elex? See you you have the RME running as a DAC. As a amp would it be able to power the Arya?

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #337 of 11,867
How does the Arya compare to the Elex? See you you have the RME running as a DAC. As a amp would it be able to power the Arya?
In regards to the ADI-2 (and 789), I just purchased these products and won’t be able to hear them until I return from holiday.

Everything I’ve read/seen leads me to believe that the ADI-2 should be more than adequate at powering the Arya. More to follow in about a week or so.

Arya vs Elex: Tonaly, they are very similar. However, the Arya is superior in essentially every way, except build. The Arya is more comfortable, more dynamic (to my ears), better layered and separated, more resolving, wider, taller, deeper, and more impactful. The bass in the Elex is tighter but a tad leaner as well.

The Elex is a very nice headphone and still enjoy it next to the Arya. That said, it’s not that close of a match, as the price points would suggest.

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #338 of 11,867
Is 60%-70% of retail the typica range most pay for Hifiman?
I paid $250 for an he-560 brand new, original msrp was $900. The edition x V1 was 1700 then the next year it had updates and price dropped to $1300. Heck, there is now the edition xx that's $600. The imaging and bass is an unrivalled combination in these headphones and worth hearing. Wait for a deal tho.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #339 of 11,867
I'm not sure if I asked this already, but any comparisons between the Arya and HE-1000 V2?

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #341 of 11,867
HFM are not discounted 30% when they come out. Biggest dip over the past 9 months was the HE5se listing at $699 going for $549 on Black Friday.

Now when they discontinue, they drop the prices, and in the case of the HEX v2 set the price and dropped it twice, although the last drop was about 4 days before they sold out.

I'd bet that an Ananda v2 will be coming out before mid summer.

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #342 of 11,867
From what I know you can get about 15-20% off Hifiman, which isn't too bad, but nothing like Focal discounts of 30- 40%. The are not a lot of reviews on this HP, now many here. Hell DIY Audio Heaven put up a review of the Edition XXL which isn't even out yet before an Arya review.

My question is will a portable AMP/DAC short of a Mojo be able to power this if I want to carry it around the house?

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #345 of 11,867
In the recent few years, a 50% discount from a MSRP is becoming norm these days, especially 1-2 years after its introduction. Too many kinds of high-end headphones are being released every year. Especially HifiMan has been very aggressive. Sundara, Ayra, Ananda, HE1000SE, HE6, Jade 2.. perhaps more than 5 new products within a very short time span.
Senn took 7 years between hd800 (2009) and hd800s (2016).

Don't expect that you will bear minimal losses when you buy something and sell in a used market. A high-end headphone is losing its value very fast. Don't pay over 2k for any headphone if you are not prepared to subsume substantial losses. fyi, I was able to pay less than 50% of its msrp for a brand new utopia, even though no headphones has dethroned the utopia yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back