HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #11,746 of 11,883
Are you still using the Ultrapads on your Arya V2? If not, may I know which pads are you using currently?

Im asking because I would like to find out their durability
Durability sucks. The pleather from the ultrapads started to feel slimy while the cans were stored in the stock case. Eventually, pieces of the pleather started to peel off despite the cans being stored for the past two years in a custom case with desiccant packets.

The same happen to my HEKv1, which gets far more headtime than my Arya's. The HEKv1's used the older, softer cushion ultrapads. After having to use HFM's new stock ultrapads with stiffer foam, the timbre with HEKv1 is slightly more plasticky than before. For the past two years, I've been listening to my HEXv2 at my office with the newer ultrapads (almost daily) and the foam in those pads haven't softened to the extent that I've experienced with the older ultrapads. I just stow my HEXv2 inside my desk drawer at the end of the day (no case).

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #11,747 of 11,883
Guys, stupid question.
What is the visual difference between v1 v2 v3? Seller said it is stealth v3, how can I ensure it?

Attachments

• IMG_4982.jpeg
    IMG_4982.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #11,748 of 11,883
Guys, stupid question.
What is the visual difference between v1 v2 v3? Seller said it is stealth v3, how can I ensure it?
I was wondering the exact same thing about the differences between V1 and V2.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #11,751 of 11,883
I was wondering the exact same thing about the differences between V1 and V2.
V1's are easiest to tell apart from the others because they do not feature a dust cover over the drivers.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #11,752 of 11,883
I've just read elsewhere that the new Dekoni Arya pads won't fit on the V2, only the Stealth, due to a difference in the mounting rings. Wonder if anyone here can confirm that?

Also any impressions on the new Dekoni pads on Arya V2 would be much appreciated,
Hey hi! So I was wondering if you tried any of theses pads and if you can tell us about your sonic impressions of them, I myself ordered the fenestrated sheepskin cause it seems that the signature doesn't change that much and I want better comfort. Let me know if you experienced them!

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #11,753 of 11,883
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #11,754 of 11,883
Hey hi! So I was wondering if you tried any of theses pads and if you can tell us about your sonic impressions of them, I myself ordered the fenestrated sheepskin cause it seems that the signature doesn't change that much and I want better comfort. Let me know if you experienced them!
I didn't in the end.

I enjoy the stock pads enough and stuck with those.

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #11,756 of 11,883
Well I am finally joining the Arya club, albeit an older pair. They are referred to as 2020 models. The original seller thinks they were V2's? The current owner has had them for about three years. I traded a set of Meze 109 Pro's for them.

Can't wait to get them. I figure Friday or Monday delivery.
I’m excited for you! I think you will find them different from the headphones you have — though I must admit I’ve never heard the V2’s as I only have the Arya Stealth.

Definitely looking forward to your assessment. 🤓

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #11,760 of 11,883
I’m excited for you! I think you will find them different from the headphones you have — though I must admit I’ve never heard the V2’s as I only have the Arya Stealth.

Definitely looking forward to your assessment. 🤓
You and I both! I have been waiting for a few years. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back