HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #11,720 of 11,883
Hey guys, quick question. What dac/amp would be good for my newly purchased Arya Stealth V3?
I was looking at the fiio k9 pro ess, however I heard that for a more natural feel it is worth considering a class A amp.

How true is this, or can I safely take the k9 pro ess?
I can vouch for the FiiO K9 Pro ESS being a wonderful DAC/amp combo with plenty of power, probably at most maxed out by the DCA Expanse through the balanced output. I've had wonderfully vivid experiences with it, albeit when combined with EQ for clarity. It can relay the wonderful warmth of those recordings that have such (I hear no "sterility" unless one intentionally EQs one's headphone to sound thin), and can bring out exquisite transients and texture out of planar magnetics (albeit partly influenced by EQ profiles). I also personally love the looks, the RGB ring, and the super smooth gold-rimmed volume knob (though it seems to work in 2 dB increments, but in practice sounds quite granular).

I cannot say much about Class A amps other than that I didn't notice much at an audio show compared to my personal EQed setup and that I am working toward spending an ungodly amount on a Holo stack to potentially bust a myth for myself.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #11,725 of 11,883
I am also using the Class A Aune S17 Pro with the Arya Sealth and it sounds great. I'm pairing it with the R2R Denafrips Ares 12th-1 DAC, which is a bit on the warm side, and it's a great combo IMO. Together, they nicely add some bass to the Arya Stealth. It's not night and day and they in no way turn the Arya into a basshead headphone, but bass guitars (which I love, double bass also) have just a little more impact and presence in the mix. (It should also work wonderfully with the HEK Stealth, which I can no longer resist at it's current crazy price. I've been emailing Hifiman about trading in the Arya for the HEK Stealth, waiting for a final response.)

Mar 19, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #11,726 of 11,883
Anyone have experience or thoughts on using the Arya V2 (non-stealth) for primarily gaming? HiFiman has a good deal on them refurbished ($549) and I was thinking about getting them or maybe saving a few bucks and going with the Sundaras. I prefer the egg shape comfort-wise though, so I'm leaning towards the Arya.

Will be running it from an Asgard 3.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #11,727 of 11,883
I think the HD 800s are amazing with tubes and if you primarily listen to classic, orchestral, jazz, blues, stuff like that. But they're so lifeless outside of that which is what has me reconsidering my desire to own a pair again especially since I also own the V2.

I have always struggled with comfort when it comes to Hifiman and continue to do so otherwise I'd have no desire to look for other headphones. I also wanted to upgrade to the HeK but I think I'll just go another route since those giant ear pads just don't seem to agree with my face. ZMF always interested me, I've had the 800s and I know it won't do everything I need it to so Sennheiser is off the table. We'll see, for now I enjoy the Arya but I keep my sessions relatively short due to the fit.
Had I never heard any planars, I may have kept the HD800S, but Arya spoiled me.

Yes. Like many, I've always been puzzled by the size of Hifimans. I'm an above average sized male, and I have to keep them on the shortest setting. Luckily, they fit me very well at that setting.

Mar 19, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #11,728 of 11,883
Anyone have experience or thoughts on using the Arya V2 (non-stealth) for primarily gaming? HiFiman has a good deal on them refurbished ($549) and I was thinking about getting them or maybe saving a few bucks and going with the Sundaras. I prefer the egg shape comfort-wise though, so I'm leaning towards the Arya.

I think they are a great choice for gaming. I have been using the V2 for over 3 years. Some people say they hear footsteps and what not better on other sets, but it's pretty negligible unless you are a professional. I prioritize sound quality and immersion, and Aryas will give you that. That's also a great price. I paid triple that they were a new release.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #11,729 of 11,883
I'm not looking for more headphones at the moment, but if I was, and price was of any consideration, I'd go with the Aryas over the Empyrean.
Didn't had a chance to hear them but they are both my favorits so far after wathcinbg many reviews. I'm looking for an upgrade from the Sundaras.
Can you tell abit more about the differences? Is the Arya Organic almost as good as the Empy 2 or better for you?
I guess the Arya could be abit to big for me and the sealing might break which will effect the sound. The Empy 2 might be more comfortable, has a proper cable and I can choose something different than the 6.35mm connector.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #11,730 of 11,883

I think any Arya would be a great headphone for single player gaming where you don't need a mic. I'm using Arya Stealth and the large soundstage is great for using Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back