HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #11,536 of 11,881
I have the following combination: Arya Organic & Qudelix 5K

In general, I like it, and I tailored my Arya to my taste (thanks to PEQ in Qudelix). But I think the bass is a bit off. Not much, but the headphones sound less enjoyable when I listen to rock or metal. And listening to some recordings, there is not enough punch to the bass. At the same time, the bass in pure electronic music sounds quite impactful. I am wondering, will, let's say, Questyle M15 make any difference?

I read through some posts in the thread, and as far as I understand, Qudelix should be fine for Arya. But does anyone have something to say in terms of what percentage of Arya is "unfolded" by Quedelix, and should I even think about getting something "better"?

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #11,537 of 11,881
Actually I use the Arya Organic with the Qudelix T71. Before that I used it with the FiiO BTR7. Soundwise I could not hear a difference (both with the same eq settings). Maybe it depends more on the production of the songs. Some older metal songs of the 80s have less bass impact for exmple.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #11,538 of 11,881
I have the following combination: Arya Organic & Qudelix 5K

In general, I like it, and I tailored my Arya to my taste (thanks to PEQ in Qudelix). But I think the bass is a bit off. Not much, but the headphones sound less enjoyable when I listen to rock or metal. And listening to some recordings, there is not enough punch to the bass. At the same time, the bass in pure electronic music sounds quite impactful. I am wondering, will, let's say, Questyle M15 make any difference?

I read through some posts in the thread, and as far as I understand, Qudelix should be fine for Arya. But does anyone have something to say in terms of what percentage of Arya is "unfolded" by Quedelix, and should I even think about getting something "better"?
The Arya is probably revealing the recording quality and style of different genres and different decades. If your Qudelix can hold multiple PEQ presets it might be worth making one specific for metal.

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #11,540 of 11,881
Quick impressions. Arya V2 still has about 20% wider soundstage if I were to put into numbers. Listening to the Organic and going back to the V2 makes it sound like the V2 has a wall of sound whereas the Organic has more distinctive depth. The V2 also sounds a bit hazy compared to the Organic. These are similar to what I've noticed when I compared the V2 against the Stealth, but the instrument positioning and the soundstage on the Stealth just didn't sound realistic to me, and the Organic is a huge improvement on that. This is pretty much what I wanted from HEKV2 and it wasn't able to deliver that.

The Organic is supposed to have a higher peak at around 8-9k but it hasn't been a problem for me, even though I've thrown all kinds of music at it. Only the bad recordings sound bad on it.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #11,541 of 11,881
Quick impressions. Arya V2 still has about 20% wider soundstage if I were to put into numbers. Listening to the Organic and going back to the V2 makes it sound like the V2 has a wall of sound whereas the Organic has more distinctive depth. The V2 also sounds a bit hazy compared to the Organic. These are similar to what I've noticed when I compared the V2 against the Stealth, but the instrument positioning and the soundstage on the Stealth just didn't sound realistic to me, and the Organic is a huge improvement on that. This is pretty much what I wanted from HEKV2 and it wasn't able to deliver that.

The Organic is supposed to have a higher peak at around 8-9k but it hasn't been a problem for me, even though I've thrown all kinds of music at it. Only the bad recordings sound bad on it.
Thanks you - So in conclusion, you think that the Organic is really superior to V2?

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #11,542 of 11,881
Thanks you - So in conclusion, you think that the Organic is really superior to V2?
I was just going to add to my previous post but, yes, I think the Organic is technically superior than the V2. But I'm still not sure which one I like more.

I think what I was feeling yesterday about the wall of sound and the haziness from the V2 are actually from the V2 reproducing the sound in a more airy way. It's sort of like, with the V2, you're listening to the music from about 5 rows from the stage. On the other hand, with the Organic, it's like you're listening to the music from the first or second row from the stage. With the V2, there's more distance from the music, and there are separations and depth. But what you feel first is the spaciousness of the sound. With the Organic, the sound is much more intimate, and the separations and the depth are clear and more obvious. The spaciousness naturally sounds smaller. Tonality wise, they're about equally warm. The V2 might be a tad bit warmer but it's also lighter on bass. I have to note that I put hundreds of hours on my V2. The Organic has about 24 hours of playing time, so far.

My above observation is from listening to classical music. Listening to Jack White's Taking Me Back on both of them just now also gives similar observation. With the V2, Jack White's voice and the guitar sound wider and immersive, however, the cymbals sound a bit sharp and the bass doesn't hit very hard. With the Organic, the bass is more impactful and the cymbals don't sound as sharp. The voice and guitar sound wide, but not as much. Again, the sounds is generally more intimate.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #11,543 of 11,881
I was just going to add to my previous post but, yes, I think the Organic is technically superior than the V2. But I'm still not sure which one I like more.

I think what I was feeling yesterday about the wall of sound and the haziness from the V2 are actually from the V2 reproducing the sound in a more airy way. It's sort of like, with the V2, you're listening to the music from about 5 rows from the stage. On the other hand, with the Organic, it's like you're listening to the music from the first or second row from the stage. With the V2, there's more distance from the music, and there are separations and depth. But what you feel first is the spaciousness of the sound. With the Organic, the sound is much more intimate, and the separations and the depth are clear and more obvious. The spaciousness naturally sounds smaller. Tonality wise, they're about equally warm. The V2 might be a tad bit warmer but it's also lighter on bass. I have to note that I put hundreds of hours on my V2. The Organic has about 24 hours of playing time, so far.
Thanks a lot - think I may stick around with the V2 a bit longer. Like the features you describe. (And I do have (too many) other HPs to supplement with :dt880smile: )

Feb 2, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #11,544 of 11,881
Thanks a lot - think I may stick around with the V2 a bit longer. Like the features you describe. (And I do have (too many) other HPs to supplement with :dt880smile: )
The V2s are still excellent headphones. I personally preferred it over the HEKV2.

Between the Stealth and the Organic, I would pick the Organic 10 out of 10 times. From what I remember, it's just a better version of Stealth, IMHO. However, with the V2, the choice is not so obvious.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #11,545 of 11,881
Would Jotunheim 2 be a good pairing for Arya Organic? I understand with the Jot 2, you basically wouldn’t be able to push the knob much past 9-10 o’clock using either SE or balanced input before it gets too loud. Currently just using a Magni 3 which sounds fine, but i am looking to upgrade. Anyone using the arya organic/jot 2 combo that can give an opinion? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #11,546 of 11,881
Hey all, does anyone have an idea if there is a way to increase slam/punch on the Arya Stealth by using other pads or a certain amp?

I totally love my Arya Stealth and the bass is excellent. It's fast, clear and with EQing you can easily push it to the desired amount.
But I am quite a basshead and would like hearing some more slam. Theyll never be an LCD-X I am aware but I wonder if it's possible to increase it. (EQing doesn't work THAT effectively to increase slam. Already tried a lot.)

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #11,547 of 11,881
Hey all, does anyone have an idea if there is a way to increase slam/punch on the Arya Stealth by using other pads or a certain amp?

I totally love my Arya Stealth and the bass is excellent. It's fast, clear and with EQing you can easily push it to the desired amount.
But I am quite a basshead and would like hearing some more slam. Theyll never be an LCD-X I am aware but I wonder if it's possible to increase it. (EQing doesn't work THAT effectively to increase slam. Already tried a lot.)

The Lake People G111 Mk2 really gives it a nice slam. I have mine paired with the Geshelli Labs J2s at the moment. I also noticed that it slammed well also when pairing the G111 Amp and the JDS El Dac ll plus.
G111 also does a great job of comtroling any treble peak of the headphone.
You can find them on sale right now on Amazon from its $600 original price to $420.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #11,548 of 11,881
The Lake People G111 Mk2 really gives it a nice slam. I have mine paired with the Geshelli Labs J2s at the moment. I also noticed that it slammed well also when pairing the G111 Amp and the JDS El Dac ll plus.
G111 also does a great job of comtroling any treble peak of the headphone.
You can find them on sale right now on Amazon from its $600 original price to $420.
Interesting. Considering it has two Headphone outputs it seems like it is intended for studio usage and thus should have a very neutral response though right?
But I guess that doesn't have to mean it can't have slam improving characteristics. I might try to find one I can check out and easily return if it doesnt fit my expectations.

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #11,549 of 11,881
Buy that lcd-x.

You won't regret it. Trying to rectify the sound of an headphone so fundamentally by use of amp / dac / whatever is a fools task.

Very few headphones (none?) can do everything & Arya doesn't do slam. Lcd-x does.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #11,550 of 11,881
Buy that lcd-x.

You won't regret it. Trying to rectify the sound of an headphone so fundamentally by use of amp / dac / whatever is a fools task.

Very few headphones (none?) can do everything & Arya doesn't do slam. Lcd-x does.
Hm yea you might have a point. I have considered this before. To just buy both and switch in between them depending on the genre I listen to.

I hear that headphones like the Susvara can "do everything" but yea that is out of my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back