HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #11,521 of 11,943
Jan 19, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #11,523 of 11,943
Great review! The Organic took some brain burn-in for me to adjust to the revealing treble. I pair the Organic with the DMP-Z1 and it is such a sweet combination!

I ended up putting a -2 dB shelf at 10kHz for my Organic. While the treble is intoxicating it does get fatiguing on longer listening sessions so I find that this shelf helps tame it without losing its magic.

I just looked up the DMP-Z1. Wow, what a cool (and expensive!) machine. Sony tends to go for smooth and lush signatures so I can see it being a nice pairing with the Organic.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #11,524 of 11,943
I ended up putting a -2 dB shelf at 10kHz for my Organic. While the treble is intoxicating it does get fatiguing on longer listening sessions so I find that this shelf helps tame it without losing its magic.

I just looked up the DMP-Z1. Wow, what a cool (and expensive!) machine. Sony tends to go for smooth and lush signatures so I can see it being a nice pairing with the Organic.
There are many pre-loved units floating around at much more reasonable prices.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #11,525 of 11,943
I own the Arya Stealth and have them paired to my Lake People G111 and Geshelli Labs JNOG, and must say headphone sound great with this pairing.
Saying that I was considering if I should upgrade to the Organic, especially after watching all the positive reviews of it.
Those that have upgraded here and have heard them both side by side, what are your thoughts?

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #11,527 of 11,943
Organic is probably the easiest Hifiman to get visceral punch from most amps out there. You would need a curated amp for HE1000SE and V2 and especially Susvara to even reach Organic’s dynamic slam and sustained bass response

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #11,528 of 11,943
Anyone tried the Arya Stealth with Feliks Echo mkII ? I've read it's a good match even though its an OTL amp. :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #11,529 of 11,943
Continuing the HEK discussion (sorry I know it's the Arya thread) I found this nice video review comparison of HE1000SE and HE1000 V2 Stealth (and also the Arya Stealth and Susvara). Those of you who have heard some or all of these - do you generally agree with the findings in this video?

Upon receiving my pair back from the RMA process, I noticed a rattling sound emanating from the box as soon as I picked it up. Upon opening the box, I discovered numerous tiny plastic beads scattered throughout the packaging, loosely rattling around. Upon closer inspection of the headphones, I observed that these beads had also made their way inside the earpad. Not an ideal situation.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #11,530 of 11,943
It retains most of Arya's DNA but with V2's soundstage & imaging, better bass extension, faster attack & decay, and improved efficiency with portable gear. Its the best iteration yet in the Arya family.

I was able to trade my Stealth and HD660s2 for the Arya Organic. I am very pleased. They are a slightly better headphone in every aspect. They pair very well with my G111 and JNOG2.
Thank you for you advice it motivated me in making the decision.

Attachments

• 20240124_174449.jpg
    20240124_174449.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240124_174424.jpg
    20240124_174424.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #11,532 of 11,943
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, yet still I wanted to share my experience with the Arya SE. I bought them in November and I'm absolutely in love with them so far.
I'm driving them with a Burson Audio Conductor Performance.

Coming from the world of Focals (I've listened to the Elear, Elegia and the Clear MG) I find the Hifiman cans kind of a revelation.

The Aryas seem to be a much better match to my ears since they don't show any sibilance or harshness in the treble region (in comparison to the Focals).
I guess the hint of metallic sound the Focal family has on its sound signature is not for me.
I even found them to be a bit fatiguing (except for the Elears) and not as comfortable for long listening sessions.

The soundstage and imaging are top notch on the SE and I really like the kind of soft timbre- the sum of it makes it a really musically listening experience in my opinion.

Do you have any recommendations for equally musical contenders?

Greetings,

Dede

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #11,533 of 11,943
Well, I want back in. I had a V2 but sold it due to clamp. I was able to get it super loose but didn't give myself time to "heal up" cuz the pain lingered for a while. I've got a DT 1990 coming in tomorrow and am looking for a deal on the V2s, waiting to hear back from some classifieds. I think the highly detailed 1990 will sound great along with the incredibly spacious V2s. I liked the Arya over the HD800s. Going to make sure both headphones are molded to be super loose before I spend hours listening to them. The 990s were too tight and molded extremely well, now I wear them comfortably for hours

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #11,534 of 11,943
Demo ing arya SE and Organic i can say that the organic is better with music that have vocal. It is warmer. The vocal is thicker. Also the sub bass is crazy it is basshead level for sure. It is also less shouty compared to SE. Very interesting.

Update: After long listening the ARYA Organic i think this will be my first time happily owning hifiman product. It is so resolving this Organic. I also love a bit of treble like this, it add spark with some instruments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back