HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 31, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #11,491 of 11,884
I've never auditioned the Organic, but Susvara has been my main headphone for the last few years, and I'm quite familiar with the general Hifiman sound signature. I also purchased the E3 a few weeks ago and have been listening to it exclusively since going on vacation a couple weeks ago. My take, FWIW: If you want a closed back with the greatest clarity/air, I'd recommend the DCA Stealth. Compared to the E3, you'll be sacrificing some (mid-)bass. I, and many others, find the Stealth relatively less musically engaging than the E3 (or Aeon 2 Noire, for that matter), but I've never actually owned them.

FWIW, I disagree that the E3 is more "detailed" than the Susvara. They're roughly on the same level to my ears. When switching between cans with different frequency response profiles, different things can be highlighted in familiar tracks, which can lead one to believe they are hearing more detail.
It's interesting how more technically proficient headphones may not be the ones we enjoy listening to the most. I owned the Caldera and ultimately went back to the Atrium. I was just going to audition the E3 but enjoyed it so much that I'm definitely keeping it. My search for the best one for Film Scores and large orchestral pieces like Mahler, Wagner, Stravinsky, Shostakovitch, is still in progress. I have not tried the HEKSE or Audeze 5 yet. My experience with Focal probably rules out Utopia and Meze has been eliminated too after trying the Empyrean II. Something with the soundstage of 800s and dynamics of the Utopia? Does that exist?

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #11,492 of 11,884
It's interesting how more technically proficient headphones may not be the ones we enjoy listening to the most. I owned the Caldera and ultimately went back to the Atrium. I was just going to audition the E3 but enjoyed it so much that I'm definitely keeping it. My search for the best one for Film Scores and large orchestral pieces like Mahler, Wagner, Stravinsky, Shostakovitch, is still in progress. I have not tried the HEKSE or Audeze 5 yet. My experience with Focal probably rules out Utopia and Meze has been eliminated too after trying the Empyrean II. Something with the soundstage of 800s and dynamics of the Utopia? Does that exist?
Pray for an HD900 next year? :sweat_smile:
FWIW, I disagree that the E3 is more "detailed" than the Susvara. They're roughly on the same level to my ears. When switching between cans with different frequency response profiles, different things can be highlighted in familiar tracks, which can lead one to believe they are hearing more detail.
Fair on this and I’d agree! Similar/equal detail to Susvara, it’s just likely I’m hearing things with my E3 that I didn’t with Sus and if I still had the Sus and was A/B testing I’d probably hear things on that side that I wasn’t hearing on the E3

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #11,493 of 11,884
Film scores and orchestral pieces are what i listen most too. They sound spooky good with Hekse. Hekse is just very capable in terms of technicals. Detail, separation, realism and all that. Only thing i found lacking is some of the hype during crescendos. Arya Stealth has a bit more hype to it's sound. It translates the intensity better.

Same needs here. I want a headphone that's like Hekse but has better dynamics and contrast. I heard HE6 line up has dynamics and contrast but i don't think they can even come close to what Hekse does. Dynamic headphones tend to have small soundstage which i hate. So a headphone that can do both soundstage and dynamics good would be holy grail for me. To be fair, Hekse is still dynamic but just not enough i think. It beautifully renders the bass though.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #11,494 of 11,884
can the arya stealth be upgraded to the organic?
Yes, it is possible. Hifiman will give you an upgrade quote, you send your Stealth to the nearest warehouse and you will get a new Organic, that is what I did.

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #11,495 of 11,884
Something with the soundstage of 800s and dynamics of the Utopia? Does that exist?
The 1266 Phi TC comes to mind, although its ergonomics and overall tonality don't work for everyone... myself included. :relaxed:

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #11,497 of 11,884
Do you know if that applies to a Stealth bought through Amazon or just directly from Hifiman?
If you have the original invoice and packaging I would assume it will work. Mine was also not bought directly from Hifiman but from an official retailer. Just drop them a line, they have been very responsive.
customerservice@hifiman.com

Dec 31, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #11,498 of 11,884
Film scores and orchestral pieces are what i listen most too. They sound spooky good with Hekse. Hekse is just very capable in terms of technicals. Detail, separation, realism and all that. Only thing i found lacking is some of the hype during crescendos. Arya Stealth has a bit more hype to it's sound. It translates the intensity better.

Same needs here. I want a headphone that's like Hekse but has better dynamics and contrast. I heard HE6 line up has dynamics and contrast but i don't think they can even come close to what Hekse does. Dynamic headphones tend to have small soundstage which i hate. So a headphone that can do both soundstage and dynamics good would be holy grail for me. To be fair, Hekse is still dynamic but just not enough i think. It beautifully renders the bass though.
I'm Torn at this point. I love the Atrium Open and may just get that again used here. I'm definitely not going to spend $4k and up. I am interested in hearing the LCD 5 but not willing to spend the $$$ even used. The atrium has a beautiful and sophisticated sound but not big enough for me.

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #11,499 of 11,884
20231226_115153.jpg

Was staying away from fullsize cans and only ever bothered with IEMs and speakers but my trip to the US two months ago changed that somehow. Wasn't even my first CanJam or headphone convention but yeah idk I blame the tap water. Or the silly chicken n waffle breakfast I had with @Muinarc and @miceblue that morning.

Anyway the Arya Organic was pretty much the last headphone I tried at the convention and it blew me away (despite my listening fatigue being at peak after two days of JamCan).
Loved everything about the way it sounds except for a lil much treble energy for the kind of music I listen to but I was willing to try to EQ that woe away so I ordered a pair alongside the Topping E70V+L70 stack.
Luckily I did manage to tame the treble to a just about the perfect level for me and just this one peak filter was all it took to ultimately turn these into my favorite headphones. Period.
Delicious Planar Bass(TM), lush mids and detailed airy treble with a soundstage that is not super deep but plenty wide and, I guess, tall. Handles even the fastest technical tracks I throw at it with ease.
The Topping stack sounds fantastic and is definitely a step up from the DX5 I used before. Loads of clean power coming from an amp that I will never ever volume adjust via the remote because the super clicky R2R control is so satisfying and if I really let the brainworms run free I can almost tell what Asahi Kasei Microdevices means when they are saying that their top of the line DAC chips have a "Velvet" sound. great stuff.

Addendum to not sound like a total shill: The Arya Organic stock cable sucks ass and is in every way inferior to the 60 bucks Tripowin cable I replaced it with ASAP. Build quality is (a bit) better than past Arya variants but still not what one should expect from a headphone this expensive.

Jan 4, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #11,501 of 11,884
Jan 4, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #11,502 of 11,884
How does the Organic compare to the Arya V2? I've heard the stealth and I like the sound signature of my V2 over those but I'm interested in the Organic because I've seen nothing but good things about them. I just don't know if it's worth getting them or if I should wait and get something like the HE1000 V2 as an upgrade.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #11,504 of 11,884
Is anyone here able to tell if these are the v2s or stealths? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/l8sxP4z
Judging by the the vertical magnet width, it is probably a Stealth. Another teller is looking at the inner magnet array with the pads removed (be extremely careful when removing pads, using two fingernails to pry the plastic mounting wing outward in accordance with HiFiMan's pad removal instructions) and seeing if the middle magnets are also wider like on the outer array (the HE1000se is arranged like thus, but with sparser and larger magnets); earlier Aryas and I suppose HE1000s have plain rectangular inner magnet arrays with thinner magnets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back