HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #11,476 of 11,942
Let me preface this post by stating I am 100% an IEM person, but like to keep one closed back and one open in my collection at all times. Around the release date for the Organics I sold my DCA Expanse and bought the Organics.

What I've learned from owning the Organics is that I enjoy this level of treble and clarity. Not only is the treble something I genuinely enjoy, the low end is punchy and present. I love everything about this headphone.

Anyways, yesterday I took delivery of the new DCA E3 and am putting them through their paces. I decided to do a direct comparison with the Organics and have come to the conclusion that I would like to find a closed back with similar qualities to the Organics. Not that I am not enjoying the E3s, I am! But that is for a different thread...

This may not be the best thread to ask such a question, but does anyone have a suggestion on a closed back with similar qualities to the Organic?

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #11,477 of 11,942
Let me preface this post by stating I am 100% an IEM person, but like to keep one closed back and one open in my collection at all times. Around the release date for the Organics I sold my DCA Expanse and bought the Organics.

What I've learned from owning the Organics is that I enjoy this level of treble and clarity. Not only is the treble something I genuinely enjoy, the low end is punchy and present. I love everything about this headphone.

Anyways, yesterday I took delivery of the new DCA E3 and am putting them through their paces. I decided to do a direct comparison with the Organics and have come to the conclusion that I would like to find a closed back with similar qualities to the Organics. Not that I am not enjoying the E3s, I am! But that is for a different thread...

This may not be the best thread to ask such a question, but does anyone have a suggestion on a closed back with similar qualities to the Organic?
What did you not like about the E3/Expanse that you’re looking for? I just got the E3 and am finding myself loving it - never heard details like this (even with the Susvara). Anyways I’ve had a few other closed headphones besides the E3 like the VC and the Atrium Closed so maybe they’re fits pending what you dislike and what you’re looking for

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #11,478 of 11,942

I haven't got any Arya and E3. What exactly do you expect from the treble? Should it be harsher than E3? Noire should be harsher I think. Maybe there's some squig link that got both measurements of E3 and Arya Organic? You could try to eq the E3 to the frequency of an Arya then.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #11,479 of 11,942
What did you not like about the E3/Expanse that you’re looking for? I just got the E3 and am finding myself loving it - never heard details like this (even with the Susvara). Anyways I’ve had a few other closed headphones besides the E3 like the VC and the Atrium Closed so maybe they’re fits pending what you dislike and what you’re looking for
I don't wanna give the impression I'm not enjoying the E3, I am very much enjoying it. I guess when I listen to the Organics, I get the "removing a veil" effect on my music that I enjoy. I guess that is what I'm looking for.
I haven't got any Arya and E3. What exactly do you expect from the treble? Should it be harsher than E3? Noire should be harsher I think. Maybe there's some squig link that got both measurements of E3 and Arya Organic? You could try to eq the E3 to the frequency of an Arya then.
Noir definitely has a bit of sharper treble. As I said above, I guess the top end of the Organics give it that "clean" sound that I'm after.

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #11,480 of 11,942
I don't wanna give the impression I'm not enjoying the E3, I am very much enjoying it. I guess when I listen to the Organics, I get the "removing a veil" effect on my music that I enjoy. I guess that is what I'm looking for.

Noir definitely has a bit of sharper treble. As I said above, I guess the top end of the Organics give it that "clean" sound that I'm after.
Many think that the arya organic treble is too harsh so it all depends on your tastes and your ears too.

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #11,481 of 11,942

Since the E3 goes for a Harman curve, you could search for Arya Organic on https://autoeq.app/. There it got less bass below 100Hz and more mids from 2,5k to 5k compared to Harman. Maybe these frequencies make your Arya brighter compared to E3?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #11,482 of 11,942
Many think that the arya organic treble is too harsh so it all depends on your tastes and your ears too.
I have never listened to the Organics but I was gonna say that the E3 removed more veils than any other headphone I’ve listened to. Even more than the Susvaras I used to have. It might be the treble thing if the Arya organics lean treble forward!

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #11,483 of 11,942
Dec 29, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #11,486 of 11,942
is Hifiman going to eventually phase out the arya organic driver like they have for arya v1 and v2, i am worried about buying the Organic cause the way they do things in a few years a driver replacement will not be available cause if your v 1 or v 2 driver goes out they automatically bump you up to stealth arya driver from what i have read

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #11,487 of 11,942

Could be simply an affect of just how big the Arya driver is compared to the DCA and also just how open it is. When wearing the Arya its like nothing is in between your ears and the room. I can't say I ever get a "veil" effect with my DCA stealth though in comparison.

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #11,490 of 11,942
I've never auditioned the Organic, but Susvara has been my main headphone for the last few years, and I'm quite familiar with the general Hifiman sound signature. I also purchased the E3 a few weeks ago and have been listening to it exclusively since going on vacation a couple weeks ago. My take, FWIW: If you want a closed back with the greatest clarity/air, I'd recommend the DCA Stealth. Compared to the E3, you'll be sacrificing some (mid-)bass. I, and many others, find the Stealth relatively less musically engaging than the E3 (or Aeon 2 Noire, for that matter), but I've never actually owned them.

FWIW, I disagree that the E3 is more "detailed" than the Susvara. They're roughly on the same level to my ears. When switching between cans with different frequency response profiles, different things can be highlighted in familiar tracks, which can lead one to believe they are hearing more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back