HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #11,311 of 11,881
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #11,312 of 11,881
Whelp. After jumping through all the hoops, my Organic should be here Thursday

Screenshot_20231205_213315.jpg

I wish I had my Arya v2 to compare head to head. It was my daily driver for a really long time so I should remember it just fine.

Excited I can compare it back to back to the Sennheiser HD800 ( no mods ). The HD800 replaced the Arya it as soon as it arrived.

I've read multiple people say they have no desire to upgrade after getting the HD800 and now I understand why.

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #11,314 of 11,881
I wish I had my Arya v2 to compare head to head. It was my daily driver for a really long time so I should remember it just fine.

Excited I can compare it back to back to the Sennheiser HD800 ( no mods ). The HD800 replaced the Arya it as soon as it arrived.

I've read multiple people say they have no desire to upgrade after getting the HD800 and now I understand why.

I was in a similar boat. I acquired an Arya Organic after dailying an HD 8XX for a while so I'm curious to hear your impressions.

My Arya Organic has replaced my 8XX for the most part because the Arya, to my ears, sounds richer, sharper, cleaner, with a more authoritative low end at the cost of a less spacious soundstage. The Organic also creates more sound pressure on my ears so I feel more texture and impact in the music giving me a more euphonic experience whereas the 8XX feels more subdued. However, I will admit that the richness and energy of the Organic makes it more fatiguing whereas I could listen to the 8XX all day. Btw I should disclose that both are EQ'd: the Organic with a modest bass shelf and the 8XX with a full Harman preset with a very generous bass shelf.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #11,316 of 11,881
Organic is out on the truck for delivery. I had it sent to work.

Do I want to open the box and listen to it on my work setup Topping D30 -> Gilmore Lite mk2 w/ Golden Reference Power Supply, or wait till I get home and give it some real power? Hmmmm.

EDIT: Got here at 9:30 am so no waiting game for me.........its ice cold tho. Waiting a few hours for it to hit room temperature before I put any power through it

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #11,317 of 11,881
Hmmm… I might have to consider that. Not ideal but if they’re willing to give me a trade-in price HEKse, that might be the best possible out
It's not about moving to the Organic. They just don't do repairs or send parts (outside of whats available on their website) i think.

You can just get a replacement unit and pay the difference instead of buying headband. OR better, you upgrade to HEKSE. Just tell them your situation and ask for a Hekse upgrade price.
I wish I could give you more likes! I asked HifiMan if I could upgrade to the HE1000se and they agreed. I just have to wait until I’m back stateside to mail them the original box and cable. Thanks for the advice!

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #11,318 of 11,881

I asked Hifiman support over and over if I could upgrade to the HE1000 and they just ignored me. So I just got the Arya Organic instead.

Dec 9, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #11,320 of 11,881
I' ve just received my Arya Organic, and after listening to some upright bass heavy acoustic music I've realised that there is some unfortunate vibration going on in the left earcup. I've tried changing left and right cable, another cable completely, and also other amps...but the vibration noise is still there...otherwise it sounds sooo goood, but this can't be overlooked. I might check if there is a hair on the driver...or is there anything else I can do? Can't hear it on other types of music. Just low key acoustic types with bit more bass. Seems to be certain frequencys.

Dec 9, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #11,321 of 11,881
I' ve just received my Arya Organic, and after listening to some upright bass heavy acoustic music I've realised that there is some unfortunate vibration going on in the left earcup. I've tried changing left and right cable, another cable completely, and also other amps...but the vibration noise is still there...otherwise it sounds sooo goood, but this can't be overlooked. I might check if there is a hair on the driver...or is there anything else I can do? Can't hear it on other types of music. Just low key acoustic types with bit more bass. Seems to be certain frequencys.

See if there is a hair you can remove with tweezers? I got a pair of 580s back in the day like that. Sent them back to Sennheiser got a new pair, no issues. Might have to reach out to Hifiman

Dec 9, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #11,322 of 11,881
Hair in the driver, or maybe the driver lost tension somewhere on the frame. Could also be the internal headphone wiring. Can you shine a light onto the driver and see if the diaphragm is wavy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back