HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #11,147 of 11,938
I already received the Lavracables Master, and although expensive, is a fantastic upgrade.

The sound is more cohesive and the treble is more natural.

I played with Roon EQ and with small adjustments the sound is almost perfect.

For example, the track "Faith" by The Cure is warm and natural, transparent, bass is tight but natural, the treble without any trace of brightness.

The voice of Yeal Naim "Live in Paris" is delicious without any sibilance, the soundstage is lush and huge. (the album was recorded in a church).

I am really happy with my current setup.

Nuno Sousa

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #11,153 of 11,938
They need a burn in time. Mine are better now and I preferred the bass compared to the HEK stealth
You can't burn in or amp-pick your way out of the giant treble peak on the organic, but your brain can get used to it if you aren't treble sensitive.

If you are treble sensitive, then EQ is your only option for this headphone.

I really wish people would stop acting as if physics didn't exist.

Nov 2, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #11,156 of 11,938
And: Did u tried the Organic? How is it? :)
I did! I ended up getting the Arya Organic and HEK Stealth prior to upgrading. I was disappointment with the Arya Organic. It's too sibilant and the most V shaped / aggressive sounding Arya I've heard to date. The HEK Stealth was significantly better sounding to my ears but I feel the HEKSE is the best Hifiman unless you can afford a Susvara (which is excellent if you have the right amp for it).

My suggestion - avoid the Arya Organic.

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #11,157 of 11,938
The Organic has the biggest most expansive sound stage, clarity and definition of any HP in this price range and is good for all genres. I'd be very careful in making pronouncements like "avoid" because what may not be appropriate for you will be perfect for someone else because we all have very individual preferences for what constitutes great sound. AND we all have different ears. Yes the treble may be pronounced, but after listening to it for a good amount of hours, it has a much much better midrange for vocals than any other Arya in my opinion.

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #11,158 of 11,938
The Organic has the biggest most expansive sound stage, clarity and definition of any HP in this price range and is good for all genres. I'd be very careful in making pronouncements like "avoid" because what may not be appropriate for you will be perfect for someone else because we all have very individual preferences for what constitutes great sound. AND we all have different ears. Yes the treble may be pronounced, but after listening to it for a good amount of hours, it has a much much better midrange for vocals than any other Arya in my opinion.
Agreed

Nov 2, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #11,159 of 11,938
I found it to be literally painful lol. If you’re not sensitive to sharp treble then sure, this headphone works just fine. If you EQ the treble down, it’s an easy fix as well I suppose.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #11,160 of 11,938
I found it to be literally painful lol. If you’re not sensitive to sharp treble then sure, this headphone works just fine. If you EQ the treble down, it’s an easy fix as well I suppose.
What amp/s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back