HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #10,863 of 11,922
Not at all it's just there and noticeable. Some may prefer a dryer and cleaner rendition on some small ensemble things. It's probably one of the very best choices at this price and good for most genres. I could easily see someone using this as their only HP>
Thank you for sharing! Yes, that characteristic is very appealing to me.

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #10,864 of 11,922
A sneak peek of the upcoming Hifiman Maria headphones... :smirk:

1693856115559.png

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #10,865 of 11,922
This review just appeared! :) interesting impressions coming from a fan of Susvara

Video review:

Written review:

https://soundnews.net/reviews/headphones/hifiman-arya-organic-review-comparison/

Thank you, Sandu!

''My second gripe with the previous Arya iterations is that the sound was tall and deep, but it never quite ventured into your peripheral hearing. The sounds weren’t trying to fly off to your sides and that created an uncomfortable feeling with a few records. There’s now a broader array of sounds on the sides, transforming the audio presentation from an oval shape to a more rounded one, which is less taxing on the mind.''

This is so true from that review. Hekse also fixes this problem i had with Arya Stealth.

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #10,867 of 11,922
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #10,868 of 11,922
Sep 5, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #10,870 of 11,922
Does anyone here have experience with both Arya Organic & He1000 stealth?

I currently own He1000 Stealth but find female vocals a bit distant. I am more used to upper-mid accented tuning coz I mainly listen to high-pitched female vocals

Considering switching to Ayra Organic. Is Organic better in this regard?

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #10,871 of 11,922

I currently own He1000 Stealth but find female vocals a bit distant. I am more used to upper-mid accented tuning coz I mainly listen to high-pitched female vocals

You don't need a new HP for that. Just add 2-3 dB around 2 kHz and reduce 1-2 dB around 240 Hz. That should give you what you want.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #10,872 of 11,922
My Organics arrive today. Looking forward to them.

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #10,873 of 11,922

I recommend a PEQ (parametric EQ) filter in post 10,747 for filling the HiFiMan "soundstage dip" at around 2 kHz which DarginMahkum mentions. Unless by some stroke of subjective magic, if one just looks at the frequency response charts for HiFiMan headphones, there is no HiFiMan headphone that would fill that region except maybe the Susvara. If looking for non-HiFiMan headphones with more forward female vocals, you would be looking for ones where the the frequency response between 900 Hz 3 kHz is higher, namely approaching the Harman curve, or more if you like. Otherwise, EQ is likely the best and cheapest solution (using free software like Equalizer APO, else Roon's built-in PEQ) for tailoring a headphone's tonal response while maintaining largely the same presentation.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #10,875 of 11,922
I recommend a PEQ (parametric EQ) filter in post 10,747 for filling the HiFiMan "soundstage dip" at around 2 kHz which DarginMahkum mentions. Unless by some stroke of subjective magic, if one just looks at the frequency response charts for HiFiMan headphones, there is no HiFiMan headphone that would fill that region except maybe the Susvara. If looking for non-HiFiMan headphones with more forward female vocals, you would be looking for ones where the the frequency response between 900 Hz 3 kHz is higher, namely approaching the Harman curve, or more if you like. Otherwise, EQ is likely the best and cheapest solution (using free software like Equalizer APO, else Roon's built-in PEQ) for tailoring a headphone's tonal response while maintaining largely the same presentation.
The organic is much much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back