HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #10,712 of 11,922
Well, it is one of my very favorites, easily the best to my ears after the Susvara among the Hifiman offerings I know, so go figure! I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, acoustic and selected forms of world music and the Hekse is great at giving me magnificently deep, wide, spaciously airy and richly detailed peeks into the music, and that at least partly explains my fondness for this can. I've owned it twice, and I do not see myself letting go of it this time around.

I am just offering another data point and marveling, as I read the forum and type this post, at some of the hard to fathom mysteries that determine our preferences and tastes.
Man, A TON Of people LOVE the OG Se. I recognize how incredibly capable it is. It’s too much for my feeble brain to handle. Haha

Aug 23, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #10,714 of 11,922
And now that I think about it, there is no stealth se. It’s just the he1000 stealth. So yes, it’s just he1000se.

Fang has my head spinning with this Arya Organic.

I just found out it also sounds fabulous with the Topping DX5 as well.
Thanks for mentioning v2, i'm very happy with Organic so far, the soundstage is very good, in orchestras it has a huge amplitude level and at the same time it's controlled, i haven't felt so far anything that seems artificially oversized or exaggerated.

It's bright, but for me it's on the limit, it's true that in some other sounds in the higher frequencies they can be a bit intense but for me they're on the limit, but another person who is very sensitive to brightness might feel a bit tiring with prolonged listening.

For me it is a decent update of Arya stealth, and I think it is the sample or culmination of what has been learned with the different versions of Arya, I think Hifiman has known how to collect the best of each version and put it together.

I think this Organic is going to be one of the best recommendations for its price and for being back in the gap with a good soundstage.
Arya Stealth is a great HP, and for its current price one of the best, but I don't think it was the culmination of the Arya.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #10,715 of 11,922
Thanks for mentioning v2, i'm very happy with Organic so far, the soundstage is very good, in orchestras it has a huge amplitude level and at the same time it's controlled, i haven't felt so far anything that seems artificially oversized or exaggerated.

It's bright, but for me it's on the limit, it's true that in some other sounds in the higher frequencies they can be a bit intense but for me they're on the limit, but another person who is very sensitive to brightness might feel a bit tiring with prolonged listening.

For me it is a decent update of Arya stealth, and I think it is the sample or culmination of what has been learned with the different versions of Arya, I think Hifiman has known how to collect the best of each version and put it together.

I think this Organic is going to be one of the best recommendations for its price and for being back in the gap with a good soundstage.
Arya Stealth is a great HP, and for its current price one of the best, but I don't think it was the culmination of the Arya.
Great post!

Aug 23, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #10,716 of 11,922
I’ve owned

Arya v2 (Twice)
Arya Stealth (Twice)
Organic Currently
he1000 v2 OG (Twice)
Auditioned he1000se OG at Moon audio for a good while.
Auditioned Susvar at Moon audio for a good while.

V2 is one of my favorite headphones of all time but not because it was “correct’. That thing could place a guitar pluck in a room behind you with the door shut hahaha. The stage was absurd at times but it was SO insane that I loved it.

Stealth took the stage in the opposite direction and never opened up for me.

Organic is easily the best Ayra imo. The low end has changed the game big time. It’s got some serious balls this time around. Stage is huge but pretty accurate. This headphone sounds unbelievably good out of the AK SE300. It’s also wonderful out of the ef600.

He1000se OG wasn’t too my taste. Detail was overwhelming.

Susvara is the best headphone I’ve ever heard. I dont have one to AB with Organic but I’m not sure anything wipes the floor with anything Susvara related. Other than efficiency.

The treble IS very well extended on Organic and it’s definitely a bright headphone. The bass tuning makes it all the more dynamic. I absolutely love it.
It's bass tuning is more like dynamic cans. It's not flat like planars. Maybe that contributes to perception of bass punch. DCA also did this with Stealth and Expanse.

Aug 23, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #10,717 of 11,922
Just a passing thought: the release of the original utopias, he1000, susvaras, lcd4 was (arguably) the starting point of hp prices going up in general for higher end options

with the new and value pricing of all these hifiman options (hopefully they stay) could this be the start of pricing of new top end products coming back a bit, or at least not escalating further in the future?

ps: Ignore the abyss guys in that thought)

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #10,722 of 11,922
Just a passing thought: the release of the original utopias, he1000, susvaras, lcd4 was (arguably) the starting point of hp prices going up in general for higher end options

with the new and value pricing of all these hifiman options (hopefully they stay) could this be the start of pricing of new top end products coming back a bit, or at least not escalating further in the future?

ps: Ignore the abyss guys in that thought)
The Focal utopia latest version has dropped to around half price over here in Australia.
The way the world economy is going not many are prepared to pay to much nowadays.

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #10,723 of 11,922
The Focal utopia latest version has dropped to around half price over here in Australia.
The way the world economy is going not many are prepared to pay to much nowadays.
As did the original utopia at times here in Australia (I bought mine one of those times when they were about $3500 AUD)

Those 7K AUD headphones are slow to move. Even 2nd hand and in good condition gear (headphones) are hard to move here at the best of times - when looking at stereonet.

My 12 year old has brought up this line (in good, perhaps dark, humour) from the last election in recent times when we look at the state of the economy.

(Ps this Is not advocating for one party over the other, though my 12 year old can be a bit cluey and has a decent BS detector, and dark humour, on all sides of the political spectrum)

EDIT: WOW - JUST SAW THE NEW PRICING OF THE UTOPIA AT $3500 AUD ($2250 USD)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/coll...opia-v2-reference-high-end-dynamic-headphones

and the RADIANCE is at $700 AUD ($450 USD)

Further edit: this appears to be as a result of australian distributor and focal going separate ways

1692930533916.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #10,724 of 11,922
I am considering upgrading my older non-stealth Arya to an Arya Organic. Would anyone be able to compare how a non-stealth (or v2) sounds compared to the Arya Organic? I'd like to know specifically how the bass/mids/treble and soundstage compare as well as tonality (is Organic brighter or warmer). I'm guessing organic also has more detail.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #10,725 of 11,922
As did the original utopia at times here in Australia (I bought mine one of those times when they were about $3500 AUD)

Those 7K AUD headphones are slow to move. Even 2nd hand and in good condition gear (headphones) are hard to move here at the best of times - when looking at stereonet.

My 12 year old has brought up this line (in good, perhaps dark, humour) from the last election in recent times when we look at the state of the economy.

(Ps this Is not advocating for one party over the other, though my 12 year old can be a bit cluey and has a decent BS detector, and dark humour, on all sides of the political spectrum)

EDIT: WOW - JUST SAW THE NEW PRICING OF THE UTOPIA AT $3500 AUD ($2250 USD)

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/coll...opia-v2-reference-high-end-dynamic-headphones

and the RADIANCE is at $700 AUD ($450 USD)

Further edit: this appears to be as a result of australian distributor and focal going separate ways

1692930533916.jpeg
Yes a very tempting price LOL
I love the original focal clears & are happy with them. All our politicians over here are useless no matter the party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back