HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #10,591 of 11,881
Hi, I'm interested in the new Organic. I would be using with an ifi Gryphon in balanced 4.4mm. Would this be suitable? How close would I get to it's full potential? I`d be happy with 90%.

I have my doubts if it will be enough, in theory I suppose you should get 85/90% but it requires a lot of electrical current, maybe 1000mW is not enough(The positive thing is that it is balanced, perhaps it is, someone more technical may be able to advise you better), I would expect a minimum of 1.5 and up.

From what I've been able to see and contrary to what I expected, Organic thought it could be used with more discreet equipment than with Arya Stealth, but I tried it on a simple non-amp player, and it sounds lower than Arya Stealth which obviously already it sounded weak. This technology requires a lot of energy, and Organic is no exception.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #10,592 of 11,881
I have my doubts if it will be enough, in theory I suppose you should get 85/90% but it requires a lot of electrical current, maybe 1000mW is not enough(The positive thing is that it is balanced, perhaps it is, someone more technical may be able to advise you better), I would expect a minimum of 1.5 and up.

From what I've been able to see and contrary to what I expected, Organic thought it could be used with more discreet equipment than with Arya Stealth, but I tried it on a simple non-amp player, and it sounds lower than Arya Stealth which obviously already it sounded weak. This technology requires a lot of energy, and Organic is no exception.
Thank you for your input. My gut feeling is that it wouldn't have enough oomph.
However correct me if I'm wrong but if the Gryphon delivers (balanced) 1000 @ 32 it would equate to 2000 @ 16. Or is it not that simple?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #10,593 of 11,881
Hi, I'm interested in the new Organic. I would be using with an ifi Gryphon in balanced 4.4mm. Would this be suitable? How close would I get to it's full potential? I`d be happy with 90%.
Don't worry, it should be fine. The headphones follow the same Ohm's Law as every other electrical component. Just as a reference, I use a 1.1W DAP with a 22 ohm HP (DCA Stealth) with a way lower sensitivity of 86 dB, and I use about 50% of the volume. Doesn't lack bass or anything. The company recommends an amplifier of 1W+.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #10,594 of 11,881
Thank you for your input. My gut feeling is that it wouldn't have enough oomph.
However correct me if I'm wrong but if the Gryphon delivers (balanced) 1000 @ 32 it would equate to 2000 @ 16. Or is it not that simple?

I don't think it's that simple, the snr is the same but those factors count, I thought I could handle it easier being 16Ohms but in my practice actually as I mentioned it was harder to move than AS in a basic team. My main rig delivers 1.8x2(32) and I'm on high gain, maybe 1 or 2 db less than AS, as you can see I'm not getting significant gain here.

Hifiman recommended if I remember correctly, 1.1W for 18-Ohms, but DarginMahkum have a good experience with 1.1W. But it is also a personal preference, what do you consider so high etc, for me I do not think that 1W was enough to guide Arya Stealth for example, besides other factors like avoiding using high gain, that will require more power. To all this, you can probably move it quite well.

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #10,595 of 11,881
Can confirm hifiman does not offer driver replacements which is frustrating. They did offer a replacement with a new Arya V2 for $350 though, which isn't too unreasonable. Still a big financial hit, thinking about what to do next.
They probably don't offer driver replacement because the drivers are 95% of the cost in their headphones and they just can't be bothered with the cheap frame. $350 is more than reasonable. I wouldn't think twice.

Aug 15, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #10,597 of 11,881
I like these Organic, and I'm still adapting, but I like the soundstage, especially in certain moments or songs.

But the change in the narrower body now but with a better layering makes them a little different from the Arya Stealth, in the end each model is really unique and that's what drives everyone a little crazy.

My 2cts if you are looking for an update of Arya Stealth ask yourself the question in which line you want to follow, if you want to follow the line of AryaStealth-->HekStealth, if you want to continue or return to something closer to the line of Arya V2-->Organic

The good thing here is that there are sounds for everyone.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #10,598 of 11,881
I recently had the Arya Stealth but won't be trying the Organic anytime soon.

Something about the treble on the stealth that caused some ringing in my ear, which also caused a bit of a sting on the eardrum on some music.
That's scary someone had the same issue with the Stealth in the comments of this review
Would suck if it causes hearing damage over time.

Anyway I'll be getting the Organic soon hope I like it coming from the DT1990.

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #10,599 of 11,881
Arya Organic Review

I just saw this and I agree with what it says, it basically says the same thing that I'm saying in my messages, I'm glad to see that others feel the same about these Organic.

I think that the bass after a few hours of use has controlled a bit, the first day it was visceral and very physical, as I mentioned before, in a way I miss it, but it is really good in terms of details and dynamics, as I said technically it is superior to Arya Stealth.

I was looking to improve the soundstage a bit and I'm glad I chose Organic, I think it was the right choice for me, it's clearly an improvement over Arya Stealth, but at the same time it can be very intimate as I already said, and Joshua also says in his video, our thoughts totally coincide.

As I also mentioned, although in the first listen it seemed that the mids/highs were a little more relaxed, I soon realized that they are also at the AS level, and they can reach that limit, they don't bother me personally, but I can understand that other more sensitive people might notice it, but in any case I don't think it's something worrisome like at the level of other HPs, not even close. But you know each person is different. I can say that I am a bit sensitive to this and I am fine here, and also with AS, but it is probably on the limit line, which shows me that HIFIMAN knows how to take things to the maximum, taking full advantage of the threshold.

I can easily recommend Organic, to people looking to expand the soundstage(specialy horizontaly), improve the sub-bass, and the tonality of the instruments and voices. (I think there is still room for improvement but it is very good).

@ainzz
You'll probably be fine, but there's no way I'd recommend someone 400mW to drive this beast, as much as it's 16-Ohms or the math or an online converter says so, things aren't that simple, and if you live in the world of technology knows that things do not translate so simply.

I can say that I have it in my head, and I have tried several devices, and none (android smartphones etc), I repeat, none can handle Organic in any way, and as I mentioned in fact worse than AS, which according to mathematics is not makes no sense right? well no, but the reality is that and it is what counts in the end, in practice and in the real scenario. So if someone doesn't have a good dac/amp, they shouldn't handle the Organic with capacity because they're going to be upset.

And to be clear again here, I am feeding Organic with 1.8W(32) not balanced, and without gain I have to put it to the maximum(yes), to bring it to almost all its capacity, and I have doubts since I think I am in 97 98%, especially I notice it in the soundtage. And just to be clear this is very personal, but I do listen to loud music, and at events, but I'm not an oldboy or hearing impaired, my hearing tests are within the norm, but as I said I enjoy high volume, when For others it would be excessive.

I just want to shed some light, so people don't think that because it's now 16 Ohms, anything can handle it, I wish that was the case, but in my actual testing it's not.

I hope this is useful for some, I would have loved to have this information.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #10,600 of 11,881
My 2cts if you are looking for an update of Arya Stealth ask yourself the question in which line you want to follow, if you want to follow the line of AryaStealth-->HekStealth, if you want to continue or return to something closer to the line of Arya V2-->Organic
I am coming from the Arya V2 (gifted to my father) and looking to get back on the Hifiman horse. For a difference of $100, is it a consensus that the quality of the Organic's construction is a step or two behind the HEKV2 Stealth? If so, is the merit of the Organic now that it is the newer tech/tuning? I did like the V2 when I had it, but did think the construction was a little underwhelming for the price point. I did like the stage of the V2 more than the tone/brightness, so maybe there isn't a HEK model that would be a good fit if I am looking for a touch more warmth and smoothness. Sounds like I should maybe take a harder look at the Organic unless the HEKV2 Stealth is still superior regardless of it being an older model.

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #10,601 of 11,881
I am coming from the Arya V2 (gifted to my father) and looking to get back on the Hifiman horse. For a difference of $100, is it a consensus that the quality of the Organic's construction is a step or two behind the HEKV2 Stealth? If so, is the merit of the Organic now that it is the newer tech/tuning? I did like the V2 when I had it, but did think the construction was a little underwhelming for the price point. I did like the stage of the V2 more than the tone/brightness, so maybe there isn't a HEK model that would be a good fit if I am looking for a touch more warmth and smoothness. Sounds like I should maybe take a harder look at the Organic unless the HEKV2 Stealth is still superior regardless of it being an older model.

In terms of materials, heks is clearly superior to Arya Stealth and Organic, the headband is leather, while in these two they are that synthetic that is not of great quality, the HekS cups are metal while in AS it is plastic, Organic is better than AS, it has a half-metal cup and then that area of whatever imitating wood, this area I have no idea how it will stand the test of time, I have some doubts but time will tell.

I was in AS and I was very close to going for Heks, I was between HekS and Organic, but the soundstage was the one that made me opt for Organic, although the finish of materials is not at the level of heks, it seems to be halfway between AS and HekS which isn't such a bad thing, it's still an improvement over the previous Aryas, and as I mentioned earlier it feels lighter and more comfortable than AS, and I think it probably will be over Heks as well (if I remember correctly from what I've read also presses a lot, someone correct me if it is not so).
Heks in my opinion is the most elegant.

In my case, I'm happy, to go with Organic, the soundstage was one of my priorities, HekS it's more in the vein of AS but better, in any case both are going to be great HP, I'm sure I would have loved it too, both They were in my sights as my main priorities and I was not wrong with any. But they are different, but if you really liked v2, and you prioritize soundstage/image you would like Organic, I would love to read the thoughts of someone like you who has had v2 about it since I never got to try it and I would like to know if you consider Organic at the same level from soundstage.(I'm curious)

Exactly, the merit of Organic technologically speaking is that it brings the same technologies to the table.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #10,602 of 11,881
Made a stop at the post office on lunch break and giving these a whirl.

Much of what I liked from my past Arya Stealth but seemingly refined timbre as the name would imply.

Will compare with HEKv2 Stealth tonight on the real system.

These are lookers!
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 16, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #10,605 of 11,881
I'm loving this thing, the soundstage is beautiful, wide and full of details, you can feel every detail perfectly positioned in the three dimensional environment around you

Stand In The Light sounds really beautiful and wide and the tonality I love it just thanks for building this HIFIMAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back