HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #10,516 of 11,942
Definitely won’t make the Stealth less enjoyable but I think it would imply that the new model is superior in some way. This could certainly induce FOMO in customers who recently purchased the outgoing model.
A side-grade would suggest that both products are the latest and greatest and only comes down to preference. This makes the most sense based on the limited info available about the Organic.
It always comes down to preference... look how many are still on about V2, or headphones that have to be EQ'd to sound good, replacing pads and cables instantly without hearing the stock. :wink:

Jul 29, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #10,517 of 11,942
I wonder if the Organic is supposed to replace the Stealth or if they're intended to coexist in the lineup 🤔 HiFiMAN could do a better job pointing the differences and where this product is supposed to sit in the lineup. I'm very happy with the Stealth and the price I paid for it but it would be a mild bummer if I just bought the soon-to-be-discontinued model 😅
They are simply tuned a bit differently. Both good. I felt the Organic had slightly more pronounced bass, but the Stealth had slightly better timbre. Think of it like different flavors of ice cream, in the end, they're all good : )

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #10,518 of 11,942
As I posted on FB, I wish HiFiMan would get a grip. Multiple variations of the same model is just confusing. They need one variant for each model.

I love my Arya SE, but upgrading within the brand is not an idea filling me with joy; I have no idea how Arya Organic compares to the various flavours of HE1000, and I'm not ready to drop Susvara money yet.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #10,519 of 11,942
As I posted on FB, I wish HiFiMan would get a grip. Multiple variations of the same model is just confusing. They need one variant for each model.

I love my Arya SE, but upgrading within the brand is not an idea filling me with joy; I have no idea how Arya Organic compares to the various flavours of HE1000, and I'm not ready to drop Susvara money yet.
I loved my Arya SE too, until I decided to upgrade it to the HE1000se, was a bit nervous, but won't be looking back anymore. The HE1000se is everything I wanted and more, and sound wise in line with what I liked in the Arya SE, but on a higher level.

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #10,520 of 11,942
FWIW: I decided for v2 after a demonstration listening the Alice in Chains: Nutshell - unplugged, such a soundstage and imaging. I never looked back - and still find it a terrific HP :dt880smile: While the development are just going too fast, my ears stays the same....

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #10,521 of 11,942

Often these differences are too small to deserve an upgrade - nothing a 2 or 3 point PEQ wouldn't fix. Especially if you are using a desktop system. If the source is a portable, then there's sensitivity, impedance etc. that might be important.

As I use mostly a DAP as a source these days, I would have considered a up/sidegrade if the sensitivity has improved or the tuning is more agreeable so that I don't have to engage the EQ and spend as less battery as possible.

Otherwise having just one of the recent HEK or Arya revisions would be satisfactory.

Jul 30, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #10,522 of 11,942
They are simply tuned a bit differently. Both good. I felt the Organic had slightly more pronounced bass, but the Stealth had slightly better timbre. Think of it like different flavors of ice cream, in the end, they're all good : )
What one would you recommend for female vocals out of the organic & stealth aryas.
I like a Neutral slightly dark timbre flavour sound if that makes sense. Lol

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #10,523 of 11,942
This is for anyone looking for Arya SE upgrade cables. FYI: I’m on Team Cable Magic, so the following may not be worth it for some. I’ve owned a few premium aftermarket cables to include a couple silver cables from Norne. I’m pleasantly surprised with the performance of both cables below.
Build and aesthetics are great. Both have excellent resolution and don’t introduce any harshness. They take nothing away from the sound and pair well with the SE. Can’t really go wrong with either. The main difference I can hear is the sound stage is noticeably wider on the silver-plated version. This could be a good option if you’re looking to expand the width of the SE. They’re fairly pricey but when I considered what I’ve paid for custom cables in the past, I honestly think these are reasonably priced.

Jul 30, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #10,524 of 11,942
What one would you recommend for female vocals out of the organic & stealth aryas.
I like a Neutral slightly dark timbre flavour sound if that makes sense. Lol
For me, female vocals had a bit more body with the Organic, and yes, a slightly darker timbre. Remember, if you order from Hifiman, you'll have 30 days to audition them, and if they don't suit you, you can return for a full refund (after paying for return shipping).

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #10,525 of 11,942
I reached out to HiFiMAN directly and asked them for some clarity between the Organic and Stealth and the future of the product line. They basically referred me to both manuals, which offer little insight. They also said they don't know if the Organic will replace the Stealth. To me, that suggests that it will replace the Stealth but they're being noncommittal about it. Or, it's simply wait and see what the sales do. If it's the latter, I think they're setting the Arya SE up for failure. With no clarification, most people will naturally gravitate towards the newer product. Anyhow, I'm happy with the SE but curious to see what they decide to do.

Jul 31, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #10,526 of 11,942
For me, female vocals had a bit more body with the Organic, and yes, a slightly darker timbre. Remember, if you order from Hifiman, you'll have 30 days to audition them, and if they don't suit you, you can return for a full refund (after paying for return shipping).
Unfortunately over here in Australia I have to buy before I try otherwise buying from hifiman directly would cost me to much in import duty & postage etc.

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #10,527 of 11,942

I believe their goal is to update all of their current oval driver options (their most popular and successful design by far and the one they’ve adopted on all recent releases, including the Audivina) to include the universal features/formats/tunings that have been the most successful and closer to Harman—the Stealth magnet, the nano thickness diaphragm, and the 6dB rise in the bass shelf. Hence the HEK Stealth, the Ananda Nano, and the Arya Organic. They’ve already discontinued the HEKV2 and have slashed the prices on the previous iterations, including the HEKse and the Arya Stealth—I believe these are headed to being phased out, along with all of their non-Stealth iterations. After years of trying out new innovations and assessing their success, I think they’re finally consolidating their lineup to have a signature sound and design ethic.

Now they have an emerging definitive lineup with an identifiable aesthetic over a range of price points. I imagine the Edition XS and HEKse will be similarly refreshed with increased bass emphasis soon, and then we’ll have the Edition XS—>Ananda Nano—>Arya Organic—>HEK Stealth—>pending flagship options. I think this is a great step for their consumers to have a very fine option available for a range of budgets.

Their true flagship lineup (the Susvara and the HEKse) were released in 2016 and 2018 respectively, and since Harman tuning was subsequently “perfected” in 2019 and “reference” tuning (ie, flat, bass rolled off) is becoming less and less the gold standard for the audiophile set (which now thankfully includes devotees of rock and other modern genres and not just stuffy classical listeners), these are glaringly past due for a refresh as well. I own the HEKse, and I far prefer the HEK Stealth in comparison. The detail retrieval, soundstage and unbelievable precision are all there, but the tuning is immeasurably more exciting and pleasurable. And I think it makes sense that they can achieve this kind of performance at less cost six years later—that’s just how technological progress should work.

I has this confirmed as much during an email exchange I had with HFM recently when exchanging my Arya Stealth for the HEK Stealth (please be aware that HFM customer service will honor any upgrade of your existing cans to a higher tier in their lineup for only the cost of shipping your device to them and a portion of the list price difference). When I wrote to them “I make up with all of these price slashes that we’re in for a major flagship upgrade in the near future?”, they responded “your HEK Stealth is on the way! About that flagship upgrade, you may be on to something there—all I’ll say is stay tuned!” Make of that what you will…

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #10,528 of 11,942

I have Arya Stealth, and this is going crazy, I have the option to upgrade to Organic, HEKV2 or even HD800s. and I have no idea if it's worth it or to continue in Stealth, I value soundstage a lot, and I haven't been able to try any of those, not even the 800s, can someone shed some light? I mean I love Stealth, but I would like a bigger soundstage. I heard that HEKV2 has better soundstage and tone, is that correct?

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #10,529 of 11,942
I reached out to HiFiMAN directly and asked them for some clarity between the Organic and Stealth and the future of the product line. They basically referred me to both manuals, which offer little insight. They also said they don't know if the Organic will replace the Stealth. To me, that suggests that it will replace the Stealth but they're being noncommittal about it. Or, it's simply wait and see what the sales do. If it's the latter, I think they're setting the Arya SE up for failure. With no clarification, most people will naturally gravitate towards the newer product. Anyhow, I'm happy with the SE but curious to see what they decide to do.
Failure? Wouldn't the Arya Stealth becoming more valuable if it sounds good and is discontinued?

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #10,530 of 11,942
I believe their goal is to update all of their current oval driver options (their most popular and successful design by far and the one they’ve adopted on all recent releases, including the Audivina) to include the universal features/formats/tunings that have been the most successful and closer to Harman—the Stealth magnet, the nano thickness diaphragm, and the 6dB rise in the bass shelf. Hence the HEK Stealth, the Ananda Nano, and the Arya Organic. They’ve already discontinued the HEKV2 and have slashed the prices on the previous iterations, including the HEKse and the Arya Stealth—I believe these are headed to being phased out, along with all of their non-Stealth iterations. After years of trying out new innovations and assessing their success, I think they’re finally consolidating their lineup to have a signature sound and design ethic.

Now they have an emerging definitive lineup with an identifiable aesthetic over a range of price points. I imagine the Edition XS and HEKse will be similarly refreshed with increased bass emphasis soon, and then we’ll have the Edition XS—>Ananda Nano—>Arya Organic—>HEK Stealth—>pending flagship options. I think this is a great step for their consumers to have a very fine option available for a range of budgets.

Their true flagship lineup (the Susvara and the HEKse) were released in 2016 and 2018 respectively, and since Harman tuning was subsequently “perfected” in 2019 and “reference” tuning (ie, flat, bass rolled off) is becoming less and less the gold standard for the audiophile set (which now thankfully includes devotees of rock and other modern genres and not just stuffy classical listeners), these are glaringly past due for a refresh as well.

I has this confirmed as much during an email exchange I had with HFM recently when exchanging my Arya Stealth for the HEK Stealth (please be aware that HFM customer service will honor any upgrade of your existing cans to a higher tier in their lineup for only the cost of shipping your device to them and a portion of the list price difference). When I wrote to them “I make up with all of these price slashes that we’re in for a major flagship upgrade in the near future?”, they responded “your HEK Stealth is on the way! About that flagship upgrade, you may be on to something there—all I’ll say is stay tuned!” Make of that what you will…
I fully support the changes that HiFiMAN is making. I think they're doing a great job with the updates. I just wish they would communicate with their customer base instead of dropping subtle hints or being noncommittal when questions are asked. I know they can't divulge everything and I know they want to maximize sales of outgoing models. Honestly, I think they would sell just as well because the value is there. A simple roadmap and high-level philosophy, similar to what you posted, would be more than sufficient. Hypothetically, I think I would've still purchased the Arya Stealth over the Arya Organic even if I knew the Stealth was being phased out. A new Arya Stealth for $999 is an amazing value IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back