HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #10,202 of 11,884
Sorry I assumed he just didnt update his sig because we were talking about the Organic and I may have got confused. Maybe he could clear this up if he shows a pic of his Organic Arya's with a USDA Organic sticker.

No I have the Stealth. But it's not like the Organic is going to be super different. It'll be in the same ballpark. This thread is for all Aryas. Hell, people even talk about the HEK flavors in here. I'm sure your Organic will be as enjoyable.

It's probably a bit early for this but, anyone have any experience with both the HE1K Stealth and the Arya Organic and willing to share a comparison?

On a related note, I was watching Passion for sound, one of my favorite audiophile guys on youtube, and he had a chart between arya stealth and HE1000v2 stealth. And the charts were extremely, extremely similar, until around 12k (which is brilliance region and I can't even hear anything myself above 14k). that indicates to me the very very highs of the HE1000v2 steath are more energetic and probably "better" (although maybe more fatiguing too, as some reviewers have mentioned.) but it was crazy how similar everything else was. I am going guess there will be a similar margin of difference with the Stealth vs Organic, since there's not even a 700 dollar price difference there. Honestly it reminds me of going from a HD600 to a 650. Yes there will be differences, but they won't be huge. People will probably overstate them on here.

I was just listening to my Aryas on a Saturday morning and really enjoying them. No, I myself have given up the idea of getting the organic, I am saving up for something else (honestly I'm super happy with audio at the moment and the only thing I want is a Dave)
Anyone have DSP recommendation for Arya v3? My set has 130 hours on it now, and the resolution is really kicking in:)... I gave it a 3db shelf boost at 65KHz down in Roon...that made the bass a bit more satisfying...

No, I try not to **** with equalizers. To me it's too brute force a method for differing material I'll be listening to. They ought to maybe take some AI Machine Learning tech that's all the rage recently and see if it could be used to dynamically apply EQs to stuff. I think Sony has some tech like that on their DAPs. that to me is more sensible.

It's similar to modding, I gave up modding after damping a Sony Z7 years ago following a method Currawong talked about on his youtube channel. Everyone was doing it here. It made big differences to the sound, but I didn't like them compred to the stock headphone. So yeah. I just live with the house sound of things now. Same for pads, no Dekoni for me :)

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #10,203 of 11,884
Well, let's see..... I've got about 50 hours burn-in on the new Organic Arya headphones, so I thought I'd post a bit more of my early impressions.

First, when I got home from a looooong day at work late last night, I let the headphones rest for awhile (they were burning-in while I was at work), and then I sat down and began listening to my favorite station on AmazonMusic HD called Cool Jazz, and I just couldn't stop listening....the kind of session where the music was so magical that I didn't want to put it on pause to go to the bathroom.... so I just held it in because I thought the magic might not be there when I got back, but of course when I finally did go, and came back, the magic was still there, so I ended up listening until around 6 am.

Seriously, I found the perfect volume level where the headphones just kind of melted away and all that was left were the individual instruments......quite wonderful.

So, yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying these headphones so far, however, they aren't perfect. They still have that Hifiman brightness that can occasionally feel a bit sharp, but at the same time, it's that same level of brightness that gives them such a clean & airy sound, even to the point of bringing out a bit more texture in the double bass lines, and it's that increase in the bass presence that helps balance these headphones, giving a generally fuller sound overall.

I'm still not a fan of the pads. The suede (or micro suede) material on the face is plenty soft, but the pads feel a bit stiff. However, it didn't really impact my enjoyment or ability to listen for hours on end, so not a big deal, just something I've noticed.

Oh, here's a song that shows off the sub-bass, which these phones do quite well (especially from AmazonMusic HD) Holding On - Gregory Porter

By the way, I'm older, and my hearing stops at a bit above 10 kHz, so I can't comment on that area, but I hear everything below that quite well. My main listening chain is:
Wiim Pro > Topping D30 Pro > Topping A30 Pro > Fog City balanced cable (with Mogami wire and Neutrik connectors) > Hifiman Arya Organic headphones.

So, final thoughts on the Arya Organic at this point: Very balanced sound, with excellent bass (perfect amount and texture, including good sub-bass), mid range that is accurate and balanced, with smooth treble that can occasionally (depending on source) still seem a bit sharp. Vocals are particularly well rendered, both male and female, with drums/percussion being full and punchy. Cymbals are sparkly and airy, but some electronic drums can feel a bit hard. Most brass instruments (trumpet, sax, etc) sound accurate and well balanced. The soundstage hasn't changed much with burning-in, still plenty wide, but not super wide, not a lot of depth, but imaging is excellent, pinpoint and solid.

I'm really looking forward to hearing impressions from some other folks, but those are mine for now.

Jun 12, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #10,204 of 11,884
Well, let's see..... I've got about 50 hours burn-in on the new Organic Arya headphones, so I thought I'd post a bit more of my early impressions.

First, when I got home from a looooong day at work late last night, I let the headphones rest for awhile (they were burning-in while I was at work), and then I sat down and began listening to my favorite station on AmazonMusic HD called Cool Jazz, and I just couldn't stop listening....the kind of session where the music was so magical that I didn't want to put it on pause to go to the bathroom.... so I just held it in because I thought the magic might not be there when I got back, but of course when I finally did go, and came back, the magic was still there, so I ended up listening until around 6 am.

Seriously, I found the perfect volume level where the headphones just kind of melted away and all that was left were the individual instruments......quite wonderful.

So, yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying these headphones so far, however, they aren't perfect. They still have that Hifiman brightness that can occasionally feel a bit sharp, but at the same time, it's that same level of brightness that gives them such a clean & airy sound, even to the point of bringing out a bit more texture in the double bass lines, and it's that increase in the bass presence that helps balance these headphones, giving a generally fuller sound overall.

I'm still not a fan of the pads. The suede (or micro suede) material on the face is plenty soft, but the pads feel a bit stiff. However, it didn't really impact my enjoyment or ability to listen for hours on end, so not a big deal, just something I've noticed.

Oh, here's a song that shows off the sub-bass, which these phones do quite well (especially from AmazonMusic HD) Holding On - Gregory Porter

By the way, I'm older, and my hearing stops at a bit above 10 kHz, so I can't comment on that area, but I hear everything below that quite well. My main listening chain is:
Wiim Pro > Topping D30 Pro > Topping A30 Pro > Fog City balanced cable (with Mogami wire and Neutrik connectors) > Hifiman Arya Organic headphones.

So, final thoughts on the Arya Organic at this point: Very balanced sound, with excellent bass (perfect amount and texture, including good sub-bass), mid range that is accurate and balanced, with smooth treble that can occasionally (depending on source) still seem a bit sharp. Vocals are particularly well rendered, both male and female, with drums/percussion being full and punchy. Cymbals are sparkly and airy, but some electronic drums can feel a bit hard. Most brass instruments (trumpet, sax, etc) sound accurate and well balanced. The soundstage hasn't changed much with burning-in, still plenty wide, but not super wide, not a lot of depth, but imaging is excellent, pinpoint and solid.

I'm really looking forward to hearing impressions from some other folks, but those are mine for now.
Have you heard the original arya or v2 ? Just wondering if the organic matches them for sound stage.

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #10,205 of 11,884
Have you heard the original arya or v2 ? Just wondering if the organic matches them for sound stage.
I had the Arya Stealth for about 3 months, and I remember the sound stage being wider on the stealth, but the sound stage on the Organic feels very natural and plenty wide for my taste. I'm finding it to be a straight line through my head, extending out beyond my ears slightly.

But honestly, what really stands out about the Organic for me is how amazingly balanced the sound feels. The bass is rich, deep, and satisfying, with incredible texture, and the treble, while it can occasionally be a bit sharp, for the most part is simply detailed, extended, and airy. If I had to pick on one area, it would be the midrange tonality which can feel a bit 'honky' at times, but this seems to be improving as it breaks in.

It's a very immediate, quick sounding headphone. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the sound stage, it's fine, very natural and appealing in it's presentation. I'm listening now to the Bill Evans Trio playing Autumn Leaves on the Coffee and Cigarettes album, and it's absurdly amazing, as wide as you could possibly want with pin point imaging of the bass, piano, and drums, and the balance between the instruments is perfect. The tonality of the bass and drums are perfect, and the piano....... I can't quite put my finger on it, it's possible I'm being a bit too picky, but again, the mid range seems just a bit off somehow, but only another musician would pick up on it, and who knows if this in the recording or what. In any case, overall, an incredibly satisfying experience.

Jun 12, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #10,206 of 11,884
I had the Arya Stealth for about 3 months, and I remember the sound stage being wider on the stealth, but the sound stage on the Organic feels very natural and plenty wide for my taste. I'm finding it to be a straight line through my head, extending out beyond my ears slightly.

But honestly, what really stands out about the Organic for me is how amazingly balanced the sound feels. The bass is rich, deep, and satisfying, with incredible texture, and the treble, while it can occasionally be a bit sharp, for the most part is simply detailed, extended, and airy. If I had to pick on one area, it would be the midrange tonality which can feel a bit 'honky' at times, but this seems to be improving as it breaks in.

It's a very immediate, quick sounding headphone. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the sound stage, it's fine, very natural and appealing in it's presentation. I'm listening now to the Bill Evans Trio playing Autumn Leaves on the Coffee and Cigarettes album, and it's absurdly amazing, as wide as you could possibly want with pin point imaging of the bass, piano, and drums, and the balance between the instruments is perfect. The tonality of the bass and drums are perfect, and the piano....... I can't quite put my finger on it, it's possible I'm being a bit too picky, but again, the mid range seems just a bit off somehow, but only another musician would pick up on it, and who knows if this in the recording or what. In any case, overall, an incredibly satisfying experience.
Mid range is important to me as I enjoy vocals over instruments. I just bought the he1000v2 which has about 12hours so far on it & the ananda stealth which has about 6hours on it. The he1000v2 is amazing but I plan on getting the arya also either the v2 or organic, but from what I hear about the vast sound stage on the v2 I may go for that. Was hoping the organic was going to have the v2 sound stage but doesn't look like it has.

Jun 12, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #10,207 of 11,884
Mid range is important to me as I enjoy vocals over instruments. I just bought the he1000v2 which has about 12hours so far on it & the ananda stealth which has about 6hours on it. The he1000v2 is amazing but I plan on getting the arya also either the v2 or organic, but from what I hear about the vast sound stage on the v2 I may go for that. Was hoping the organic was going to have the v2 sound stage but doesn't look like it has.
I had the he1000v2 briefly, and LOVED IT. For me, the mid range and treble on the HE 1000 v2 were near perfection, and the sound stage was fantastically wide, a truly wonderful headphone. The only drawback back for me was the lack of texture in the bass. It might have been my limited system, or I just didn't have enought time with them, but for whatever reason, the bass, while ample and full, just didn't have what I needed. On the other hand, the Organic's bass is nearly perfect for my taste.

And don't get me wrong about the mid range on the Organic, I'm still burning it in, and so far, vocals, both male and female, sound very good, rich and full, but saxaphones and trumpets sometimes sound a bit harsh or hollow, but I'm almost hesitant to say that, because the mid range isn't bad, just different in presentation from something like the HE1000v2. And to be honest, the sound stage on the Organic seems to be getting wider as it burns in. Just now listening to Take Five by the Dave Brubeck Quartet and I can't imagine anybody complaining about the width of the sound stage. By the way, I've also read many excellent reviews of the Arya v2.

In any case, enjoy your new HE 1000v2, it's truly a special headphone.

Jun 13, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #10,208 of 11,884
What is a sort of end game amp for the Arya stealth with the gustard r26?
I am looking on the forum but not sure what to buy. I read not to bright so far.
Maybe the combi dac amp from Burson is a good one of i dont buy the gustard?
I am clueless after a few days of looking

Jun 13, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #10,209 of 11,884
I am looking on the forum but not sure what to buy. I read not to bright so far.
I use the burson soloist GT with supercharger, amazing combi with the chord qutest. but I can imagine with the Gustard R26 as well

Jun 13, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #10,214 of 11,884
I had the he1000v2 briefly, and LOVED IT. For me, the mid range and treble on the HE 1000 v2 were near perfection, and the sound stage was fantastically wide, a truly wonderful headphone. The only drawback back for me was the lack of texture in the bass. It might have been my limited system, or I just didn't have enought time with them, but for whatever reason, the bass, while ample and full, just didn't have what I needed. On the other hand, the Organic's bass is nearly perfect for my taste.

And don't get me wrong about the mid range on the Organic, I'm still burning it in, and so far, vocals, both male and female, sound very good, rich and full, but saxaphones and trumpets sometimes sound a bit harsh or hollow, but I'm almost hesitant to say that, because the mid range isn't bad, just different in presentation from something like the HE1000v2. And to be honest, the sound stage on the Organic seems to be getting wider as it burns in. Just now listening to Take Five by the Dave Brubeck Quartet and I can't imagine anybody complaining about the width of the sound stage. By the way, I've also read many excellent reviews of the Arya v2.

In any case, enjoy your new HE 1000v2, it's truly a special headphone.
Thanks for the in-depth reply very much appreciated. Apparently according to my he1000v2 instruction manual the need about 140hours burn in & since I only have less that 20 hours so far its early days. Looking forward to see how yours burns in & how it changes.

Jun 13, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #10,215 of 11,884
The R26 as a DAC is a lot better than any of Burson's built-in DAC offerings.

As we all know, 'end game' does not exist. Based on your budget and preference (tube or SS) we can recommend amps.
By assuming you are willing to spend the same amount of money on an amp what you would spend on the R26 I can suggest the following SS amps for example: GSX-Mini, iFi iCan Signature. Of course, if 'end-game' for you means endless budget, there is the Ferrum OOR/Hypsos or Holo Bliss.
When it comes to tubes, IMO nothing can beat the price/performance of the Cayin HA-3A especially with well-chosen NOS tubes. Again, if money is not an issue, go straight for the HA-300MKII.

That said, if you really aim for TOTL amplifiers, you might want TOTL headphones first and then improve your chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back