HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 17, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #9,841 of 11,884
Don't give them ideas!

Man, I was looking at a new DAC/amp for my Arya Stealth. Now with the Organic out, more decisions. Guess I'll have to wait for a review/impressions post.

Meanwhile, is anyone here experienced with the HE1000v2 Stealth (v3) and the HE1000SE? What's the difference between those, and how do they compare against the Arya Stealth (v3)?
So I've had a chance to compare Arya v1, v2, v3, HE1000v2 (non-stealth), and the HE1000SE recently. I can honestly say they all have that "HE1000 driver" sound. I would personally argue that this is the same driver, tuned and re-tuned differently over and over. I personally do not feel there is any massive improvement to be found going from any one of these models to any other model (even Arya v1 to HE1000SE). I know it might sound crazy and hard to believe because reviewers speak differently but I personally found that there were differences and trade-offs but not necessarily that "big jump" where I'd be able to call it a true "upgrade". If you want a real "upgrade" you honestly need to buy a Susvara. I compared Susvara against these models and yes.. Susvara is a REAL upgrade; and a worthy one too even at the crazy dollar figure. But Arya v1/2/3 HEKv2/HEKSE ... you're just trying to find your "favorite tuning" at that point. Those are my personal thoughts and feelings after having had TRIED these products myself. Please keep in mind, I have a very powerful hybrid tube amp that makes my V1 / V2 Arya really open up and produce the best sound that it is capable of. I personally doubt that "most" people have heard how good Arya v1/2 can actually sound when it's being properly amp'd.

These are my impressions but YMMV.. take it all with a grain of salt.. we all have different ears and preferences.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #9,843 of 11,884
A more mid-centric Arya? Or maybe Hifiman wanted to do a ZMF sounding Arya?

I would very much like to read some reviews/impressions of the Organic.
This might be my first Hifiman.

May 17, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #9,847 of 11,884
I do like the look of the new Organic, but I'm not a fan of that lower impedance. I'll never understand what some headphone manufacturers are trying to chase here. People that want highend headphones but want to drive them from a ****ty source? Arya Stealth was already pretty easy to drive.

Among the headphones I've tried, while Arya Stealth is no where near the Beyerdynamic house sound of high frequency eardrum stabbing, it's not especially natural sounding treble either. It's a good sound signature in the right places, and well recorded/mastered music is just fine. It can add some fun transient attack and sizzle which can be engaging.

But if I were to guess, I'd say this is the area the Organic might address. Hopefully not at the cost of its sense of clarity.

May 17, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #9,848 of 11,884
A more mid-centric Arya? Or maybe Hifiman wanted to do a ZMF sounding Arya?

I would very much like to read some reviews/impressions of the Organic.
This might be my first Hifiman.
I'm curious as well about the "fuller" sound Hifman is claiming that these have. Only the older generation models like the HE-500's have a fuller sound compared to everything that has come after them.

May 17, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #9,849 of 11,884
My issue is less that HiFiMan releases such frequent iterations of headphones, but that I have no confidence that HiFiMan makes these iterations to actually improve their headphones.

May 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #9,850 of 11,884
My issue is less that HiFiMan releases such frequent iterations of headphones, but that I have no confidence that HiFiMan makes these iterations to actually improve their headphones.

And for resale value, most Hifiman headphones besides the Susvara seem to lose value much more quickly because they have so many variations of headphones in their lineup.

But I'm only interested to see if Hifiman can somehow succeed in taming the treble and introducing a thicker sound with the Arya Organic, I would seriously be interested. Lower impedance is not a huge problem, only an annoyance to change the pregain on my amp.

May 17, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #9,851 of 11,884
And for resale value, most Hifiman headphones besides the Susvara seem to lose value much more quickly because they have so many variations of headphones in their lineup.

But I'm only interested to see if Hifiman can somehow succeed in taming the treble and introducing a thicker sound with the Arya Organic, I would seriously be interested. Lower impedance is not a huge problem, only an annoyance to change the pregain on my amp.
Even the Susvara loses a lot of value unless you received a really good deal on purchase.
There is a lot of room for discounts on the Susvara...

May 17, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #9,852 of 11,884
I do like the look of the new Organic, but I'm not a fan of that lower impedance. I'll never understand what some headphone manufacturers are trying to chase here. People that want highend headphones but want to drive them from a ****ty source? Arya Stealth was already pretty easy to drive.

Among the headphones I've tried, while Arya Stealth is no where near the Beyerdynamic house sound of high frequency eardrum stabbing, it's not especially natural sounding treble either. It's a good sound signature in the right places, and well recorded/mastered music is just fine. It can add some fun transient attack and sizzle which can be engaging.

But if I were to guess, I'd say this is the area the Organic might address. Hopefully not at the cost of its sense of clarity.
I'm with you, people in their target market who are willing to pay that price for a headphone will likely have a preference towards higher impedance to use on equipment that prefers that (like tubes). I don't get their angle. Who's running these off a smartphone out?

May 17, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #9,853 of 11,884
I'm with you, people in their target market who are willing to pay that price for a headphone will likely have a preference towards higher impedance to use on equipment that prefers that (like tubes). I don't get their angle. Who's running these off a smartphone out?

I'm pretty sure their intention is to target the DAP users, since low impedance headphones like the Meze Elite are popular with DAPs because they're easier to drive and use on the go. The iBasso DAPs and A&K and Lotoo should have players that have enough juice for these headphones.

May 17, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #9,854 of 11,884
I'm pretty sure their intention is to target the DAP users, since low impedance headphones like the Meze Elite are popular with DAPs because they're easier to drive and use on the go. The iBasso DAPs and A&K and Lotoo should have players that have enough juice for these headphones.
Interesting, however the Arya is as open as it gets and makes a terrible on the go option. Also the build makes it the last headphone I want to travel with.

May 17, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #9,855 of 11,884
Interesting, however the Arya is as open as it gets and makes a terrible on the go option. Also the build makes it the last headphone I want to travel with.
True as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back