HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #9,751 of 11,883
Your post has me intrigued. I love the Arya's qualities - but more for not much more $$$? Wallet getting warmer, LOL......
I actually ordered them by mistake. I thought I was getting the HEKse for $1999 and was informed they’re actually the HE1000 V2 but with stealth magnets. When they arrived my curiosity got the best of me and I immediately opened the box, took off the balanced cable off my Arya and hooked em up to my Broadway.

At first I thought I had just bought another Arya SE but with a nicer chassis
It’s only after swapping between them that I notice the differences such as width (most apparent), resolution and to my ears a better, slightly more natural timbre.

The Arya SE holds its own and if you got a deal on them then I’d say it’s tough sell for non crazy audiophiles like ourselves.

As in we are crazy; so I say go for it.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #9,753 of 11,883
I actually ordered them by mistake. I thought I was getting the HEKse for $1999 and was informed they’re actually the HE1000 V2 but with stealth magnets. When they arrived my curiosity got the best of me and I immediately opened the box, took off the balanced cable off my Arya and hooked em up to my Broadway.

At first I thought I had just bought another Arya SE but with a nicer chassis
It’s only after swapping between them that I notice the differences such as width (most apparent), resolution and to my ears a better, slightly more natural timbre.

The Arya SE holds its own and if you got a deal on them then I’d say it’s tough sell for non crazy audiophiles like ourselves.

As in we are crazy; so I say go for it.
I saw a review which stated that the HE1000 V2 stealth was brighter than the Arya Stealth, but what's your experience?

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #9,754 of 11,883
Thanks, that's very kind of you :)
Because your portables aren't cold, compressed, and bright/harsh like many others are. Especially with a revealing and sometimes timbre and tonality challenged HP like the Arya......

Apr 17, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #9,755 of 11,883
I saw a review which stated that the HE1000 V2 stealth was brighter than the Arya Stealth, but what's your experience?
Sorry, just read this.
I think the treble and upper mids are brighter. Not in a bad way though but theres shimmer there and detail that's not as forward in the Arya.
The HE1000 is also more airy up top.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #9,757 of 11,883
Because your portables aren't cold, compressed, and bright/harsh like many others are

Thanks again and that's 100% accurate. As tube afficionados we've been doing our best to keep away from that kind of sound. Not that it's bad, it has its fans of course, but it's just not our thing if that makes sense :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 18, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #9,758 of 11,883
Thanks again and that's 100% accurate. As tube afficionados we've been doing our best to keep away from that kind of sound. Not that it's bad, it has its fans of course, but it's just not our thing if that makes sense :wink:
That makes perfect sense to me.....

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #9,760 of 11,883
Recently picked up a Gustard H16, and so far it sounds more "laidback" or "relaxed" compared to my Magni+ but these are just initial impressions. I'd even say there's more separation of instruments with the H16. Anyways, I'll give some more time comparing the two next weekend, but I'm absolutely loving this amp - now I'm on the hunt for the matching X16 (currently running a Modi 3+)!

May 1, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #9,761 of 11,883
Can anyone tell me that what differences between stealth version and v2 ? I bought the stealth version on Amazon and the box I just received today has a V2 sticker and Stealth version barcode. It made me so confused.

Attachments

• 20230501_161325.jpg
    20230501_161325.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230501_161334.jpg
    20230501_161334.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #9,763 of 11,883
Hey fellow headfiers who've owned the Arya stealth and non-stealth versions, could you tell me if the soundstage on the non-stealth is much wider than the stealth? I recently picked up a pair of HD800s and I absolutely love the wide soundstage. I haven't listened to the Arya Stealth much since I got the Senns, everytime I put them on I find the soundstage on the Aryas to be just tall but not very wide. I want something to accompany the HD800s for certain genres that require a bit more punch, but I still want the wide soundstage. Would the Arya V2s be what I am looking for?

May 1, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #9,764 of 11,883
could you tell me if the soundstage on the non-stealth is much wider than the stealth?
Yes - a hair wider. No - not much. However, you might not even notice this difference in soundstage because it's almost negligent. Consider the difference in soundstage as follows:
HD800s---------------->Arya V2->Arya Stealth
I want something to accompany the HD800s for certain genres that require a bit more punch, but I still want the wide soundstage. Would the Arya V2s be what I am looking for?
If you want more punch then no. The Arya does not exceed the HD800s in punch and slam. Otherwise it would be a nice complement since the Arya has more body imo and a different character due to the planar tech vs dynamic. The soundstage will not be as wide as the HD800s. Look, you have to test listen to the headphone in a store if you want to assess it yourself and compare. There is no workaround. You can't rely on comments here if you ask such questions.

May 2, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #9,765 of 11,883
HD800s and Arya Stealth (SE/V3) are my gotos. Driven by Jot2 or Asgard3 depending on fast response or tubelike sound respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back