HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #9,541 of 11,881
400 hours? Wow

The Sparkos recommendation on the volume stage of the Burson is also something I noticed that the Youtube reviewer Passion For Sound also preferred.
90% of the running-in time is around 100h after which there is a slow and progressive softening of the tone

Sparkos are one of the actions you can do to fine tuning the system.
Burson invites you to experiment. The results depend on the whole system, as I wrote, with the Audeze LCD-2 I prefer the VIVIDs, this way is more sparkling.

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #9,543 of 11,881
Finally got the Topping E70 with the Gustard H16, running it on mid gain with a balance xlr cable and holy crap...the sound now is way less bright, vocals sound full.
Initial impressions is...wow! Aryas unleashed

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #9,544 of 11,881
Finally got the Topping E70 with the Gustard H16, running it on mid gain with a balance xlr cable and holy crap...the sound now is way less bright, vocals sound full.
Initial impressions is...wow! Aryas unleashed
I use the Gustard H16 stacked with the Gustard X16 in my TV/Blu-ray setup (connected to my TV's optical output), almost always now with the Arya Stealth. It sounds fine, but I guess (TBH, I'm not sure and would appreciate any input) that the PCM output of most or all streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, Disney, HBO Max, etc.) is no better than MP3/Spotify level at best. For shows and movies, it sounds fine and Blu-ray movies, which are CD-quality, sound very good. I do occasionally listen to Tidal from this setup and the Arya Stealth sounds fine, though I prefer it just a little more on my main music setups: Liquid Platinum with Topping D90 (OG AKM version) or the FiiO Q7 (using the PL50 LPS). The latter two setups seem to have just a little (and it's really just a little) more bass and better separation. And The Q7 probably has the best slam of the three.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #9,545 of 11,881
I use the Gustard H16 stacked with the Gustard X16 in my TV/Blu-ray setup (connected to my TV's optical output), almost always now with the Arya Stealth. It sounds fine, but I guess (TBH, I'm not sure and would appreciate any input) that the PCM output of most or all streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, Disney, HBO Max, etc.) is no better than MP3/Spotify level at best. For shows and movies, it sounds fine and Blu-ray movies, which are CD-quality, sound very good. I do occasionally listen to Tidal from this setup and the Arya Stealth sounds fine, though I prefer it just a little more on my main music setups: Liquid Platinum with Topping D90 (OG AKM version) or the FiiO Q7 (using the PL50 LPS). The latter two setups seem to have just a little (and it's really just a little) more bass and better separation. And The Q7 probably has the best slam of the three.
Yes, special due to the Arya's being source picky, if you use different things you can immediately notice a difference.
I have to listen more to this setup, test more song!

Feb 14, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #9,546 of 11,881
Hi guys, I've been looking at these headphones (Ayra Stealth) lately. I want these to be my first high end headphone, but I don't have the budget to buy both the headphones and a good dac and amp. So I'm wondering, can my 2021 MacBook M1 Pro run these headphones straight from it? I will be buying a good dac and amp probably a couple of months later, but meanwhile I would like to listen to them through my MacBook if possible...

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #9,547 of 11,881
Anyone using Aune x7s, please comment on how is the pairing with Arya Stealth.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #9,548 of 11,881
90% of the running-in time is around 100h after which there is a slow and progressive softening of the tone.
I have some 2600+ hours on my Arya Stealth, and it is just a fantastic ball of sound.

Feb 15, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #9,549 of 11,881
Hi guys, I've been looking at these headphones (Ayra Stealth) lately. I want these to be my first high end headphone, but I don't have the budget to buy both the headphones and a good dac and amp. So I'm wondering, can my 2021 MacBook M1 Pro run these headphones straight from it? I will be buying a good dac and amp probably a couple of months later, but meanwhile I would like to listen to them through my MacBook if possible...
"When you connect headphones with an impedance of less than 150 ohms, the headphone jack provides up to 1.25 volts RMS. For headphones with an impedance of 150 to 1k ohms, the headphone jack delivers 3 volts RMS. This may remove the need for an external headphone amplifier."

source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212856

I guess the headphone out from mac is suit better for higher impedance headphone. Well, it still able to produce sound for Arya anyway, but nothing good to be expected.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #9,550 of 11,881
Very limited current straight from the computer, for Arya and HE-1000. But, I wouldn't be borrowing money to buy any piece of stereo equipment, and would have to manage for a time, just like you.

I've been impressed with my new Chinese DAC, but I wouldn't call it "warm and lush". It's "cold and clinical" as is my THX amp. Would rather have "organic" sources, with Arya Stealth.

Feb 15, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #9,551 of 11,881
I love my Aryas v2, their image, the sound of violins as well as rock guitars, female vocals, but some poorly recordings can sometimes, sound a bit harsh and the Sparkos in Burson smooth the sound without loosing details.
A fellow v2 enjoyer. I won't be "upgrading" till these die.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #9,552 of 11,881
Very limited current straight from the computer, for Arya and HE-1000. But, I wouldn't be borrowing money to buy any piece of stereo equipment, and would have to manage for a time, just like you.

I've been impressed with my new Chinese DAC, but I wouldn't call it "warm and lush". It's "cold and clinical" as is my THX amp. Would rather have "organic" sources, with Arya Stealth.
Thanks! Yea, I heard the MacBook M1 Pro is pretty good at powering headphones, so I was curious if my Mac would be able to power it at least decently.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #9,553 of 11,881
Is there an amp for the stealth version of the Arya which is going to be audibly much "better" than the balanced output of a A50s? For example when I tried these headphones with a schiit tube amp, you could quite clearly hear distortion with some instruments. The A50s sounds good to my ears but it doesn't hurt to own more audio equipment if there's going to be an improvement.

My review would be (D50s/A50s): Find an audio shop and demo them. However I consider them a very good upgrade from the DT 1990. They're way more "open" and "airy" but they have that nice smooth bass that I enjoy. I tried the HE1000se as well (which are 3x the price) and I can say this is 70% the way there in terms of "openness" or soundstage width. It's like your ears have to reach further out to touch the music.

Much less v-shaped than the DT 1990, if you prefer recessed mids then apply a tiny bit of EQ to help control that. Not quite as "ethereal" as stax but stax just fell flat on its face with a lot of electronic music.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #9,554 of 11,881
Thanks! Yea, I heard the MacBook M1 Pro is pretty good at powering headphones, so I was curious if my Mac would be able to power it at least decently.
I'd say no the product you had chosen is one of the more power hungry ones. Current more than power for planars. I had Audeze LCD-X 2021, high sensitivity, and easy to drive. Bass had sounded anemic without an amp

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #9,555 of 11,881
The Arya Stealth is a amazing headphone, it doesn’t need extreme power to sound nice. It already sounds good on a ifi xdsd gryphon (1000mw) but on a mac I have no Idea. Tried them on a Burson dac/amp and they start to shine, also the lower model.

Otherwise my advice would be, save a little longer and buy everything at once. You can’t really go wrong with the Arya Stealth in my honest opinion. For some it is the endgame (and I understand why)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back