HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #9,526 of 11,942
This proves so much how subjective taste is. The reason why I liked the arya together with burson, was the airy, sound with a sparkle.

The reason I didn’t like the violectric for example was that ‘too’ much smoothness that makes it like you but some sheep wool in the headphone.

The same with audeze, everytime going from hifiman arya and above, back to audeze it sounded to me, heeeehh who took away the sparkle in the music
Audezes have a darker sound. The Soloists don't change this but the Vivids opas let the LCDs be a little brighter.

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #9,527 of 11,942
I'm still waiting on the Gustard h16 to power my Arya's SE.
After using them quick a bit for the last 2 weeks, I wouldn't say that the midrange is weak by any means, depending o the song that you are listening, they are very good.
Although my full assessment will be completed once I get a hold on a more powerful amp
I don't think Arya's midarange can even be defined weak.

In my exprience, going from the Arya to other more midrange focused headphones it's just that they give you so much more and it will distracts you from the vocals. But if you focus on the vocals, every detail is there.

Feb 13, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #9,528 of 11,942

In my exprience, going from the Arya to other more midrange focused headphones it's just that they give you so much more and it will distracts you from the vocals. But if you focus on the vocals, every detail is there.
I can totally agree with that, it's is definately not that the midrange is weak, I think it is amazing. But where a lot of headphone's just give you the midrange, and that's it. Arya's give you everything else as well.

Haven't heared the higher Hifiman models, but if that is even better than Arya that would be ears heaven I think. The only reason I am not trying the higher models, scared as hell that I like them... lol, and liking means wanting and buying :p

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #9,529 of 11,942
Burson Vivid opas are just a bit too "Vivid" with Arya. ( eg. with LCD-2 they are ok). I use a couple of SPARKOS LABS SS3602 in volume section.
The reason why I liked the arya together with burson, was the airy, sound with a sparkle.

Any of you tried Singxer SA1? Somehow I didn't like Burson Soloist 3XP with stock Op Amps. So wondering if its just me or others also share similar views?

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #9,530 of 11,942
My experience with Arya V2, Burson Soloist 3XP, Loki mini+.
Arya burnin min 400 hours.
Burson Vivid opas are just a bit too "Vivid" with Arya. ( eg. with LCD-2 they are ok). I use a couple of SPARKOS LABS SS3602 in volume section. MidHigh/lowHigh become less bright without losing definition and refinement.
Loki bass trim setting around +5db at 20hz.
400 hours? Wow

The Sparkos recommendation on the volume stage of the Burson is also something I noticed that the Youtube reviewer Passion For Sound also preferred.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #9,531 of 11,942
400 hours? Wow

The Sparkos recommendation on the volume stage of the Burson is also something I noticed that the Youtube reviewer Passion For Sound also preferred.
I noticed a difference with the arya I just bought, and with the burned in one at the shop too. Mine are around 100/120 hours.

The one at the shop was even more smooth, mine sound amazing, the one at the shop even more.

Arya is a amazing headphone for price

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #9,532 of 11,942
This proves so much how subjective taste is. The reason why I liked the arya together with burson, was the airy, sound with a sparkle.

The reason I didn’t like the violectric for example was that ‘too’ much smoothness that makes it like you but some sheep wool in the headphone.

The same with audeze, everytime going from hifiman arya and above, back to audeze it sounded to me, heeeehh who took away the sparkle in the music
I think some of this might also depend on your preferred musical genres as well.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #9,533 of 11,942
Any of you tried Singxer SA1? Somehow I didn't like Burson Soloist 3XP with stock Op Amps. So wondering if its just me or others also share similar views?
I have to say, I didn’t like the lower Burson models, it was the conductor reference 3rx balanced I liked with Arya.

The difference with the lower burson models was quite noticeble, especially with the openess of the sound, and air around instruments.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #9,535 of 11,942

Yes, I totally agree on you, detail is there for sure.
I haven't got the pleasure to listen to a midrange heaphone for similiar price, I've only listenned to the HD6XX and a couple of IEMS, so I don't have many things to compare to in regards to midrange performance.

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #9,536 of 11,942
Do let us know what the combo sounds like. I'm interested to know....
So I got my Bifrost 2 (non 64) today and hooked it up to the Burson. EXACTLY what the Arya needed for my ears. All the detail is still there, but instead of my prior DAC combined with the Burson being so focused on attack (snare drum hits were almost painful), there is less initial attack and now there is more decay present. Glare on female vocalists are gone and now I can just sink into the music. Very nice combo the Bifrost and the Burson..........

Feb 13, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #9,537 of 11,942
So I got my Bifrost 2 (non 64) today and hooked it up to the Burson. EXACTLY what the Arya needed for my ears. All the detail is still there, but instead of my prior DAC combined with the Burson being so focused on attack (snare drum hits were almost painful), there is less initial attack and now there is more decay present. Glare on female vocalists are gone and now I can just sink into the music. Very nice combo the Bifrost and the Burson..........
Wow, that sounds fantastic.....

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #9,538 of 11,942
Which burson did you hook it up to? Because I noticed what you heared as well, but only at the lower models, not the reference models. I do am curious what the bifrost sound like though😁👍🏼

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #9,540 of 11,942
I noticed a difference with the arya I just bought, and with the burned in one at the shop too. Mine are around 100/120 hours.

The one at the shop was even more smooth, mine sound amazing, the one at the shop even more.

Arya is a amazing headphone for price
90% of the running-in time is around 100h after which there is a slow and progressive softening of the tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back