HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #9,391 of 11,919
Seifemit, thanks for posting

Are the Stealth Magnet only available in the V3? I was under the impression the V2 was also Stealth Magnet. There is so much information out there it gets a bit confusing. The box the Arya's came in do say "Stealth Magnet" on the label. Just want to make sure I got the latest version and not NOS (New Old Stock).

Hifiman Arya  headphone 2.jpgHifiman Arya  headphone 1.jpg
This looks like v2 for some reason but v2 doesn't have green glare to it's diaphragm.

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #9,392 of 11,919
This looks like v2 for some reason but v2 doesn't have green glare to it's diaphragm.
Haven't seen anything regarding green diaphragms on the V2's. The diaphragms on these headphones seem to be transparent looking at them up through the light.

I think what you're seeing is an anomaly in the image from my smartphone

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #9,393 of 11,919
Hey guys got a question. A few days ago my right cup started making this weird like popping/crinkly noise when I put on, take off, or adjust the headphone. It's like when I put them on it creates pressure between my ear and the diaphragm and the membrane is moving. Almost sounds like I'm popping my ears. I don't think it's impacting the sound quality. Occasionally it seems like the volume is less out of the right until I adjust it more, but I'm not sure. Anyways it's kinda driving me crazy. Is it something to be concerned about? I'm still under warranty for a couple more months so I wanna deal with it if it's going to get worse over time. Thanks

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #9,394 of 11,919
Hey guys got a question. A few days ago my right cup started making this weird like popping/crinkly noise when I put on, take off, or adjust the headphone. It's like when I put them on it creates pressure between my ear and the diaphragm and the membrane is moving. Almost sounds like I'm popping my ears. I don't think it's impacting the sound quality. Occasionally it seems like the volume is less out of the right until I adjust it more, but I'm not sure. Anyways it's kinda driving me crazy. Is it something to be concerned about? I'm still under warranty for a couple more months so I wanna deal with it if it's going to get worse over time. Thanks
I had a similar problem on my sundaras which went away after like a month. I guess wait and watch. If it’s not improving after a month you can talk to your dealer.

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #9,396 of 11,919
Thanks. I'll wait and watch. I do live in California and wondering if it's related to the crazy weather we're having.
Try switching cable right to left, to see if same happens, at the least you will figure out driver or cable.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #9,399 of 11,919
I just received my Arya's

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the V2 and the V3 and if you can tell the difference just by looking at them?

I'm sure I got the V3 but am curious, thanks
Shine a flashlight at the outer side of the driver. It should look like rounded-off, shiny-metal, Neodymium magnets. Plus, the inner magnets are regular, grey, ferrous-material magnets with the hard right-angle "edges" slightly trimmed. The V2s had the inner magnets painted black and were far apart - they almost looked like a metal street-drain grate.....

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #9,400 of 11,919
I'll be doing some experimentation with the fit and placement of the Arya on my small head today. Had a couple instances the last few days where my jaw / TMJ area on the right side was sore and felt a little like my jaw was not opening comfortably (felt like popping). Haven't had this sensation before I got the Arya. After a lot of trial and error with a few different headphones over the last few months, I really want these to work out for me.
One of the absolute best ways to fix this is to grab the headband as near to the "bends" as possible - and then slightly un-bend them, working with one "bend" at a time so as not to stress the pleather head strap. This was the quickest and easiest way for me to get the most comfy fit - that is, without having to place them on a yoga block or a stack of books to loosen them over time. Quick, dirty, and effective. What I never understood was some people who loved them, but then returned them because they say they fit too tightly - without ever seeking ways to make them fit better for them....

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #9,401 of 11,919
If it's not affecting the SQ - or the volume balance between the drivers - then it's really not a big thing. **Many HFM planar drivers have that "crinkle" sound when putting them on**. The caveat would be if the L and R driver somehow have a different timbre/tonality or don't have the same volumes - then you'd need to RMA them. Planars are much harder to manufacture without defects - peeling the driver off the die without tearing it, aligning the circuit traces with the magnets, proper tensioning, not tearing the thin diaphragm during assembly and installation, etc. - while with dynamic drivers all the factory needs to do is drop a cookie-cutter premanufactured driver into a housing and wire it up.....

Edit : **Many HFM planar drivers have that "crinkle" sound when putting them on.** This is true - but also the opposite....meaning neither diaphragm has a crinkle. What I've found is that if one driver has a crinkle and the other doesn't (or neither does) - once the drivers have passed about ~50 hours or so of play-in/burn-in, they'll both start to have a slight crinkle as they're put on. The example from my own set: Neither of mine had a crinkle when they were brand new, but as I ran pink noise and music through them for a few days to speed along the burn in process - now they both crinkle a bit as I put them on. It's a sign that the drivers are reaching their "nominal" tension after they've slightly loosened up from their brand-new factory condition. Of course, that's not a problem as long as both drivers match and there's no channel imbalances or manufacturing defects.....

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #9,405 of 11,919
Something like gsx mini or ican pro signature if budget permits… or a high current topology amp like cayin iha6 or topping a90…

The amp on ef400 is fine but the dac is a bit smudgy… though it’s a decent and convenient one in all at a good price

You can do much better getting separates if you have the space, time, funds and inclination

Users who are viewing this thread

Back