HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #9,377 of 11,881
I completely agree with you Marlowe, given I've got both the Arya and Aeolus.
I'm not sure I find the Arya lacking in the bass tho: I think it has plenty of bass on tracks that are mixed with a bass presence.
It's just Arya don't add to tracks that doesn't have it on its own.

The quality tho... it's just amazing, and the stage is so good and engaging (the Aeolus is pretty good too).
The Aeolus just has a nice mid bass bump that adds that bass hit and presence even on tracks that are mixed with less bass.

Have to say the ZMF experience is on another level: the build, the finish, the case, pad rolling, the serviceability, the feeling that it's all clear and easy to understand build-wise, the support... I think I'll just stick to zmf stuff for the future. People like Zach should really be supported, I can't believe what focal pulls on their customer.
I usually use the Aeolus perforated leather pads (the OG version that was the standard Aeolus pad when I bought them but have since been discontinued by Zach; I believe there is only a very small difference between them and the Universal perforated leather) which are generally considered the warmest and most bass heavy pad for the Aeolus. I do have a set of the Universal perforated suede that seems the be the favorite of at least a plurality of Aeolus users. TBH, I don't hear as large a difference between the two as most do and confess to preferring the feel of the leather.

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #9,378 of 11,881
I usually use the Aeolus perforated leather pads (the OG version that was the standard Aeolus pad when I bought them but have since been discontinued by Zach; I believe there is only a very small difference between them and the Universal perforated leather) which are generally considered the warmest and most bass heavy pad for the Aeolus. I do have a set of the Universal perforated suede that seems the be the favorite of at least a plurality of Aeolus users. TBH, I don't hear as large a difference between the two as most do and confess to preferring the feel of the leather.
I feel like the leather sounds a lot more like the Arya: more spark, more lively, more metal and glass, harder and more aggressive in details. With suede they have the same tonality, maybe a tad less warmer, but with way less spark and aggression.
I think they really act like the material in question: one is opaque and softer, the other is shiny and stiffer.

To me, they are better as a complement to the Arya with the suede pads.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #9,380 of 11,881
I just received my Arya's

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the V2 and the V3 and if you can tell the difference just by looking at them?

I'm sure I got the V3 but am curious, thanks
maxresdefault.jpg

Just snatched that picture of some lad on youtube for demonstration purposes.
Though it might be difficult to see through the fabric on the side, the v2 has wider magnets visible on the side,
aswell as a slimmer grill, plus if you look closely, the magnet-structure of the stealth is slightly misaligned with the
orientation of the grill.
Hope that helps without triggering any ocd :wink:

Jan 12, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #9,381 of 11,881
I try to understand why so many people complain about base with the Arya Stealth, I audited a few times and everytime, with different amps at a store. The base was exactly right, not to much not to little??. Unless you want some kind of subwoofer on the head?
Many folks are simply used to dynamic drivers' boosted midbass - or are simply used to bass boosts in general. Plus, many who use them with IC-based amps find them generally cold-sounding with that class of amp. I too find the Arya's bass to be just delectable - especially with discrete Class A or Class AB amps.....

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #9,382 of 11,881
I just received my Arya's

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the V2 and the V3 and if you can tell the difference just by looking at them?

I'm sure I got the V3 but am curious, thanks
Shine a light through the ear cup, the array of magnets is identical on the inside and outside on the V3.

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #9,383 of 11,881
maxresdefault.jpg
Just snatched that picture of some lad on youtube for demonstration purposes.
Though it might be difficult to see through the fabric on the side, the v2 has wider magnets visible on the side,
aswell as a slimmer grill, plus if you look closely, the magnet-structure of the stealth is slightly misaligned with the
orientation of the grill.
Hope that helps without triggering any ocd :wink:
Seifemit, thanks for posting

Are the Stealth Magnet only available in the V3? I was under the impression the V2 was also Stealth Magnet. There is so much information out there it gets a bit confusing. The box the Arya's came in do say "Stealth Magnet" on the label. Just want to make sure I got the latest version and not NOS (New Old Stock).

Hifiman Arya  headphone 2.jpg
Hifiman Arya  headphone 1.jpg

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #9,384 of 11,881
That is the latest one the V3, the V2 is coming in a different box and there is not a Stealth Magnet for the V2.

Jan 14, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #9,386 of 11,881
For anyone who is looking for an affordable and yet great experience (in my opinion and note that I am quite new to this hobby), I would recommend the Cambridge DacMagic Plus. Comparing it with the ADI-2 DAC FS, it's quite similar and in other words, quite amazing :)

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #9,388 of 11,881
Seifemit, thanks for posting

Are the Stealth Magnet only available in the V3? I was under the impression the V2 was also Stealth Magnet. There is so much information out there it gets a bit confusing. The box the Arya's came in do say "Stealth Magnet" on the label. Just want to make sure I got the latest version and not NOS (New Old Stock).

Hifiman Arya  headphone 2.jpgHifiman Arya  headphone 1.jpg
Yes the stealth magnets are only available in V3.

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #9,389 of 11,881
Jan 14, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #9,390 of 11,881
I'll be doing some experimentation with the fit and placement of the Arya on my small head today. Had a couple instances the last few days where my jaw / TMJ area on the right side was sore and felt a little like my jaw was not opening comfortably (felt like popping). Haven't had this sensation before I got the Arya. After a lot of trial and error with a few different headphones over the last few months, I really want these to work out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back