HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #7,996 of 11,880
Pure dope on the Stealth!

Screenshot_20220728-053304_Neutron Player.jpg

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #7,997 of 11,880
I think I've genuinely found the album that really exemplifies how incredible the Arya SE's are. Erykah Badu – Baduizm. The vocals and the base are just sublime...

Running the Arya's off a JDS Element II
You're right about that! Keep on having fun but once you're able to step up to a higher performing setup you'll really reap the rewards from the Aryas, IMO.

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #7,998 of 11,880
You're right about that! Keep on having fun but once you're able to step up to a higher performing setup you'll really reap the rewards from the Aryas, IMO.
Have to say, I was always a huge skeptic of this. Recently moved from a BF2/Asgard3 setup to BF2/Soloist and couldn’t believe the difference on the Arya v2. I often wondered what people were smoking when they said the Arya v2 had punch and slam. Now I get it.

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #7,999 of 11,880
Have to say, I was always a huge skeptic of this. Recently moved from a BF2/Asgard3 setup to BF2/Soloist and couldn’t believe the difference on the Arya v2. I often wondered what people were smoking when they said the Arya v2 had punch and slam. Now I get it.
Would you mind explaining why you thought that?

I haven’t heard the V2 but it’s always been my experience that with better sources and especially an amplifier can make a big difference in sound presentation.

I understand the cables being questioned but amps make a clear difference IME.

Although I’m sure that still makes plenty of eyes roll :)

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #8,000 of 11,880
interested in learning more about this view. what would be the areas of noticeable improvements if I were to purchase a different setup in a dac/amp combo or having distinct dac and amp setup?

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #8,001 of 11,880
Would you mind explaining why you thought that?

I haven’t heard the V2 but it’s always been my experience that with better sources and especially an amplifier can make a big difference in sound presentation.

I understand the cables being questioned but amps make a clear difference IME.

Although I’m sure that still makes plenty of eyes roll :)
The Soloist was a very noticeable improvement in bass punch. It’s a slightly leaner presentation than the Asgard3, but very holographic. Like I said, I used to really question statements like that as the Asgard is putting out 3.5 watts so how could it not bring out the best in a headphone, especially bass slam. I never doubted better designed/made gear improving sound, but always felt it was subtle. I was blown away by the difference on the v2.

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #8,002 of 11,880
The Soloist was a very noticeable improvement in bass punch. It’s a slightly leaner presentation than the Asgard3, but very holographic. Like I said, I used to really question statements like that as the Asgard is putting out 3.5 watts so how could it not bring out the best in a headphone, especially bass slam. I never doubted better designed/made gear improving sound, but always felt it was subtle. I was blown away by the difference on the v2.
Gotcha. You’d think the voltage/current delivery would be enough and it is in theory.

I was skeptical of my amp the XI Broadway because it only outputs 1.5w compared to say my iFi Diablo at 5w. I was pleasantly surprised how much more detailed and dynamic it is despite its lower output.

Cool to know you found something that works better for your set up. Have fun!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #8,003 of 11,880
the Arya V2 played wonderfully on my Naim Uniti Atom HE, unfortunately not at all on the Feliks Elise...cliping.

The Arya Stealth plays so finely on the Feliks Elise, so organically, with punch, slam...despite the Feliks' low power :relaxed:
Is also up to date...my combination It will be possible to top that, but it exceeds a reasonable financial framework.

Jul 28, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #8,004 of 11,880
the Arya V2 played wonderfully on my Naim Uniti Atom HE, unfortunately not at all on the Feliks Elise...cliping.

The Arya Stealth plays so finely on the Feliks Elise, so organically, with punch, slam...despite the Feliks' low power :relaxed:
Is also up to date...my combination It will be possible to top that, but it exceeds a reasonable financial framework.
Don’t get me wrong, I thought I was in musical heaven with the bifrost 2/Asgard 3 combo and I consider myself a bit of a Schiit fanboy, but the soloist was another level. Guess that’s why people chase the rabbit in this hobby. Happy listening

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #8,005 of 11,880

Bugger that it did not play as well with my Cayin HA-A1 MK2 and even less with Loxjie p20, mid bass is fine and perhaps tad more than with Solidstate amp but sub-bass quantity/slam seems to be reduced, might need to do bit more testing.

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #8,006 of 11,880
Yup, same experience I had when I hooked my Arya v2's up to my resistor-bypassed Emotiva A-100 as an "experiment" (~12W @ 32 ohms, had to lower the preamp it first though). "Holy Cow!!!" was my immediate response, I'd never heard them sound so - unrestrained and dynamic. I later got a used Gustard H20 that did much of the same but was far smoother, quieter, and more revealing - it still showed nearly the same punch but added much better timbre via the Class A output stages....

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #8,007 of 11,880
interested in learning more about this view. what would be the areas of noticeable improvements if I were to purchase a different setup in a dac/amp combo or having distinct dac and amp setup?
IMO, when I moved up to a dedicated desktop setup with a seperate DAC and amp the immediate result was muuuch cleaner audio presentation, with much more clarity, stereo separation, a much easier time driving them (I had the V2's at the time), and much better resolution via the much quieter background - and that was with a moderate setup that didn't cost any more than about $250~$275. It was the Topping D30 (~$125) feeding a Schiit Magni 3+ (~$125) and it was my first venture into separates for the desktop. Later on I did buy my first better/more capable amp used for $150 - ie: the Emotiva A-100 - and that really gave the v2's punch, dynamics, bottomless hard-hitting bass, and an unrestrained and unfettered quality (the v2's are substantially harder to drive compared to the Stealths). I did level up one more time to the system I have and use today - that's TBC later if you wanna know (oh, it's in my source chain list - SMSL Su-9 and Gustard H20, the best I've owned and not too much coin)....

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #8,008 of 11,880
Gotcha. You’d think the voltage/current delivery would be enough and it is in theory.

I was skeptical of my amp the XI Broadway because it only outputs 1.5w compared to say my iFi Diablo at 5w. I was pleasantly surprised how much more detailed and dynamic it is despite its lower output.

Cool to know you found something that works better for your set up. Have fun!
Those beefy output stages on the XI-B that passes more current easily - I suppose. It does make a difference, IMO. My Gustard doesn't seem as powerful as spec (certainly not as powerful as the Emotiva) but it's still super satisfying in low end extension and texture, timbre, details without being harsh, wide deep hypnotic staging with all the trailing edges intact - oh, and transparency and holography too. It was almost necessary to seek out a better amp for the v2's, but I don't think that it's as critical with the Stealths - it has better timbre and bass dynamics out of the box, IMO, and is substantially easier to drive.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #8,009 of 11,880
Jul 29, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #8,010 of 11,880
I’m on day 2 of the Arya SE, having made the jump from the Sundara 2020. I’ve done a little back and forth to get a sense of how much better the arya is, hoping not to be disappointed.

I’m more of a novice audiophile but you can clearly hear the difference. The arya just feels more expansive. I’m thinking that’s the wider soundstage, as the Sundara just feels more narrow, less hifi (if that makes any sense).

The arya does bass much better as well. Still not the bass head type, thought I’m trying to figure out whether I want to use the bass boost function on my ifi black label. Saw someone on a video review call it overkill but I’m still lacking bass on music. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong?

As an Apple Music and iPhone user, I don’t really have access to a custom eq that I can also use on my phone? Btw, are most eq’ers doing it digitally or on their amp? As it is, I’m limited to my black label which only had a bass button.

Anyway, the details are more forward on the arya. I really do enjoy that aspect. Will continue to try various genres for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back