HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #7,051 of 11,944
Always a hot topic in the susvara thread. I'd just use the search function over there and go through the image gallery. IMO it won't make a difference because the arya is pretty easy to drive on competent head amps. What do you think a speaker amp will give you that your burson won't though ? IMO, its largely overblown and literally when people are destroying their drivers due to user error.

Have you been listening to your burson exclusively have you gone back and tried your K9pro again ?

It was more of a curiosity because I was just having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept, rather than something that I was going to try with the Arya. At 94dB and 32 ohms, they are pretty easy to drive and I find that the Burson is plenty of power for the Arya.

I have been exclusively using the Burson, I actually ended up selling the Fiio to a local buyer over the weekend. After extensively listening to the Burson then briefly going back to to the Fiio, I just realized there was no reason to keep the K9 Pro. Great unit, especially at the price, but a bit of an afterthought to the C3XP.

Also, curious to hear your thoughts on the Susvara vs the Arya, @Tachyon88 !

Mar 8, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #7,052 of 11,944
Does anyone know if the driver or cup size for the Arya and Edition XS are identical? I might just do a driver swap if possible

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #7,053 of 11,944
Could you please compare Arya and RAD-0?
IMG_3309.jpg

I got the Arya yesterday so it's still very early days as I'd like to run them through a bit of burn-in but here are some initial first impressions.

Build quality - The Arya's definitely feel like a very cheap build compared to everything I own. My pads shipped with a couple very noticeable creases in the bottom. This is just aesthetic and does not appear to change anything sound wise but for the price of the Arya the build leaves a lot to be desired. Weight is fantastic though and comfort for me is awesome.

Sound - The Arya is very detailed with incredible resolving capabilities for the price. Compared to the RAD-0 the Arya have very similar technical capabilities so the Arya punch well above their weight in this regard. The RAD-0 has a very different tuning though so they aren't really comparable in sound. The Rosson has a lot more note weight, considerably more sub bass and mid bass and are quite a bit darker in a side by side comparison. The RAD-0 has quite a bit more slam and a noticeable amount of more energy in their mid presentation.

Arya in a side by side sound more reserved and laid back. Arya is also more balanced where the Rosson are quite a bit more colored. A better comparison would be the Arya vs LCDX 2021 as they are more aligned and are both more neutral. I would say the Arya definitely out resolves the LCDX 2021 and is much better in technical performance.

Overall I'm very happy with the Arya. They have the widest soundstage in both height and depth out of everything I own and are quite a bit lighter. I bought the Arya to be my movie score & classical headphone and they sound incredible for these two genres. For Hip-Hop, RnB, Electronic & Rock I'd chose something else.

My favorite pairings so far are the iFi Diablo and straight out of the A&K KANN Alpha on high gain. From the Diablo in normal mode they scale quite a bit and perceived resolution seems to be bumped up a few notches.

I'm still testing out cable pairings but I prefer the copper from my Norne Drausk compared to the silver plated Norne Vygarde.

@19844 If you have any specific questions let me know and I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #7,054 of 11,944
Received my Dekony elite hybrid pads today, I only had ten minutes to listen with them, but some things were already clear: much more comfortable than stock pads, big change in sound. Sonic profile moves towards Sundara-Susvara family, soundstage gets less left and right, somehow is more coherent (some would say “smaller”). I will report back once I’m able to spend some serious time with them!

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #7,055 of 11,944
IMG_3309.jpg

I got the Arya yesterday so it's still very early days as I'd like to run them through a bit of burn-in but here are some initial first impressions.

Build quality - The Arya's definitely feel like a very cheap build compared to everything I own. My pads shipped with a couple very noticeable creases in the bottom. This is just aesthetic and does not appear to change anything sound wise but for the price of the Arya the build leaves a lot to be desired. Weight is fantastic though and comfort for me is awesome.

Sound - The Arya is very detailed with incredible resolving capabilities for the price. Compared to the RAD-0 the Arya have very similar technical capabilities so the Arya punch well above their weight in this regard. The RAD-0 has a very different tuning though so they aren't really comparable in sound. The Rosson has a lot more note weight, considerably more sub bass and mid bass and are quite a bit darker in a side by side comparison. The RAD-0 has quite a bit more slam and a noticeable amount of more energy in their mid presentation.

Arya in a side by side sound more reserved and laid back. Arya is also more balanced where the Rosson are quite a bit more colored. A better comparison would be the Arya vs LCDX 2021 as they are more aligned and are both more neutral. I would say the Arya definitely out resolves the LCDX 2021 and is much better in technical performance.

Overall I'm very happy with the Arya. They have the widest soundstage in both height and depth out of everything I own and are quite a bit lighter. I bought the Arya to be my movie score & classical headphone and they sound incredible for these two genres. For Hip-Hop, RnB, Electronic & Rock I'd chose something else.

My favorite pairings so far are the iFi Diablo and straight out of the A&K KANN Alpha on high gain. From the Diablo in normal mode they scale quite a bit and perceived resolution seems to be bumped up a few notches.

I'm still testing out cable pairings but I prefer the copper from my Norne Drausk compared to the silver plated Norne Vygarde.

@19844 If you have any specific questions let me know and I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
Beautiful gears! Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more thoughts on the cable pairing part!

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #7,056 of 11,944
Received my Dekony elite hybrid pads today, I only had ten minutes to listen with them, but some things were already clear: much more comfortable than stock pads, big change in sound. Sonic profile moves towards Sundara-Susvara family, soundstage gets less left and right, somehow is more coherent (some would say “smaller”). I will report back once I’m able to spend some serious time with them!
Interesting. Not sure if I understand correctly...are you saying the original "bigger" sound stage is somewhat "artificial" and changing the pads makes them more "neutral"?

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #7,057 of 11,944
Interesting. Not sure if I understand correctly...are you saying the original "bigger" sound stage is somewhat "artificial" and changing the pads makes them more "neutral"?
Yes, it’s difficult to put it into words:), Arya with stock pads have, in my opinion, a certain left and right perspective, compared to, for example, HD800S, which have an in-front-of-you perspective (but very wide). The hybrid Dekonis give you a slightly different perspective, more a-la-HD800, not necessarily better, just different.

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #7,058 of 11,944
I’ve been able to spend more time with the Dekoni hybrids: I have to say that I really like them. Clearly more comfortable, at least for me. As I said, the sound changes in an obvious way; my tonal reference are my Dutch & Dutch 8C speakers, which I have calibrated to measure flat (+-1dB) from 20Hz to 20 KHz, and I’m surprise at how tonally similar the Aryas with the Dekoni pads and the 8Cs sound. I find the Aryas with stock pads to sound bright, so those of you really liking the stock pads sound will find Dekoni’s hybrid too warm. As I said in my previous posts, Aryas with Dekoni’s hybrid pads move Aryas to Sundara and Susvara sonic family, Harman style sound.

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #7,059 of 11,944
Ok folks. I'm going to repurchase Arya Stealth or HE1000v2 within the month. I'm most likely going to buy open box from a dealer so I have warranty. The V2 has three year warranty and Arya Stealth is one year. So that is part of the consideration.

I personally LOVED Arya V2 and the vast magical stage (yes even when they'd place something out in the laundry room for no reason). When I sold them and got the Stealth I was super impressed with the slam and detail improvement but was a bit disappointed in the stage. It did open up some after 150-200 hours but never got close to ayra v2 imo.

So I'm looking at around 1200 for open box arya stealth and about 2200 for open box he1000v2.

I never had them at the same time. So I never AB'd them.

I'm leaning toward he1000v2 and I understand it's not a thousand dollar sound quality improvement. But I do know it's the best headphone I've ever heard.

Anyone have any wisdom or thoughts?
This is a battle raging almost constantly in my mind haha so no wisdom, just commiseration :p

Like you, I miss the HEKV2 from when I owned it, alongside the Arya V2. Its stage was just so huge, timbre absolutely perfect, and it had God-tier imaging, which was perfect for orchestral music. But on my gear at the time I found the sound rather soft and polite, almost eerily so. I went with the Arya V2 for it's extra punch and bite, but I still wonder how the HEKV2 would sound on my current rig. I look forward to seeing which way you go!

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #7,060 of 11,944
Here comes my uninformed side... but how does one even connect headphones to a speaker amp??
My A-100 has a headphone jack. Another way is to puchase a speaker amp to HP adapter but they can cost a bit. Hifiman makes one but I don't know how good it is. If you're handy with a soldering iron and able use a multi-meter you could make your own adapter. DIY audio has plans. It's not many parts and doesn't require an advanced degree to make. Of course you could connect a "donated" stripped HP cable directly to the speaker taps, but be careful with the phase relationship and make sure you have a way to control the volume of the amp via a preamp or another volume control. Happy listening...

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #7,061 of 11,944
Zmf is a darker signature than Hifiman, I've heard they're very different headphones
I had found the Audeze house sound to be quite dark and wonky (even with the updated LCD-X, and, after EQ!). I think only the newest two, aren't. They're good at some things, for sure: I had loved them with classic rock and EDM, but with female vocals, and stripped down acoustic music, it had sounded like I had placed a blanket over six feet tall tower speakers, and at that point, I'd sold them. It was hard for me to get rid of them, but I just want one good headphone that's good at everything, as I will be using speakers most of the time, anyway. I had heard more resolution previously in the bass with the Arya v2s, the LCD-X, providing more of a thick, bombastic, rounded, experience for me. That thing, could rip apart some of my old favorite wall-of-sound tracks, like nothing else.

Reviews I've read, indicate that the Verite Open, has a recession, between 3 and 5 kHz, but one that I might be willing to EQ. I would be EQing down the Arya's treble. Most of them have flaws, of some sort.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #7,062 of 11,944

Thank you very much for your comparelation

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #7,063 of 11,944
My A-100 has a headphone jack. Another way is to puchase a speaker amp to HP adapter but they can cost a bit. Hifiman makes one but I don't know how good it is. If you're handy with a soldering iron and able use a multi-meter you could make your own adapter. DIY audio has plans. It's not many parts and doesn't require an advanced degree to make. Of course you could connect a "donated" stripped HP cable directly to the speaker taps, but be careful with the phase relationship and make sure you have a way to control the volume of the amp via a preamp or another volume control. Happy listening...
Good to know! I'll have to look into this a bit more. Currently, I don't think I need anymore juice than what I am currently getting out of the Burson. Side note, I am seeing what you were saying about the Class-A amp sound. I am finding that it plays beautifully into the strength of the Arya's while adding a bit of extra richness to the sound.

Mar 9, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #7,065 of 11,944
Short and probably last update on Dekoni’s hybrid pads: Arya stealth with Dekoni hybrid pads have an extremely close tonality to post-2020 Sundara.
wow, this makes me want to buy an Arya? Did it mess with the technical performance at all, the insane layering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back