HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #6,257 of 11,919
I'm interested in the synergy between Singxer SA1 and Arya Stealth, if anyone has this combination and if they can tell how it sounds
I'm waiting too. 🍿

Dec 21, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #6,258 of 11,919
Is the Arya Stealth baptized V2 or V3 by this forum? ( I ask because i hear that the V1 had a small revision before the stealth magnet revision, but I'm a noob to the Arya universe--so I am looking for info)

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #6,260 of 11,919
Is the Arya Stealth baptized V2 or V3 by this forum? ( I ask because i hear that the V1 had a small revision before the stealth magnet revision, but I'm a noob to the Arya universe--so I am looking for info)
Have you gotten the Stealth/V3's yet or are you contemplating?

Dec 22, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #6,261 of 11,919
I'm waiting too. 🍿
I'm interested in the synergy between Singxer SA1 and Arya Stealth, if anyone has this combination and if they can tell how it sounds

It sounds awesome. Better than the A90 or Jotunheim. Not sure what it is but the SA-1 just has crazy synergy with the Arya V3. I assume it is the same with the other versions. I would describe the sound as smooth, powerful, and well controlled. It seems to tease out the last bit of textures and grips the drivers by the balls

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #6,262 of 11,919
Have you gotten the Stealth/V3's yet or are you contemplating?
Yes, I sort of got an offer I couldn't resist, so I said, what they hey? And the rest is history...Okay not quite! ETA is later today, so I haven't gotten my hands on it just yet.

Why do you ask? Hope I haven't made some mistake by jumping on it... Many of the reviews I read of this stealth Arya were glowing... Still, to be honest, I'm becoming an involuntary collector of Hifiman cans.. I wonder what that's about. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Okay, I know what that's about, but still.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #6,263 of 11,919
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #6,264 of 11,919
I have received an Arya V2 a couple of days ago and have been using it with my Chord Hugo 2.
My reference is the Focal Clear and on IEM side the Sony IER-M9, which I also both use with the Chord Hugo 2.

Tried to make up my mind about the Arya and frankly I am slightly underwhelmed.
Compared to the Focal Clears I find the Arya
* much more "open", it kind of vanishes on my head, and provides little to no isolation - I like this.
* Soundstage is bigger, specifically mids are "recessed on the stage" i.e. further away, and quieter - this has pro's and con's IMO
* Separation is very good, but I suspect that this is not just technicalities but also the perceived dip at 1kHz
* Detail is very good, at least equal to the Focal Clear, maybe a tad better

So far so good.
A different presentation that works very well with large scale orchestra, with more intimate music it's simply a different, more distant presentation compared to the more intimate presentation of the Clears. I would not consider one to be better than the other.

Now the point I am struggling with: DYNAMICS
I never fully grasped the meaning of the characterization of the Arya being less "dynamic", but now it becomes quite clear.
Everything is a little slow and lacking energy. I was expecting softer drum attacks, but I hear it with everything. The music just lacks some bite and definition, the energy that makes me tap my feet.

Now, I hate to think of having to spend even more money, btu at least I would like to ask if someone with a Chord Hugo 2 can share his/her experience of what change can be expected with regard to this dynamics/energy/attack of the Arya when using an external amplifier.
I am contemplating whether I should consider an additional amplifier, sell the Arya or try to trade it for a Sennheiser HD800S...

Any experience would be appreciated.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #6,265 of 11,919
I have received an Arya V2 a couple of days ago and have been using it with my Chord Hugo 2.
My reference is the Focal Clear and on IEM side the Sony IER-M9, which I also both use with the Chord Hugo 2.

* much more "open", it kind of vanishes on my head, and provides little to no isolation - I like this.
* Soundstage is bigger, specifically mids are "recessed on the stage" i.e. further away, and quieter - this has pro's and con's IMO
* Separation is very good, but I suspect that this is not just technicalities but also the perceived dip at 1kHz

So far so good.
A different presentation that works very well with large scale orchestra, with more intimate music it's simply a different, more distant presentation compared to the more intimate presentation of the Clears. I would not consider one to be better than the other.

I never fully grasped the meaning of the characterization of the Arya being less "dynamic", but now it becomes quite clear.
Everything is a little slow and lacking energy. I was expecting softer drum attacks, but I hear it with everything. The music just lacks some bite and definition, the energy that makes me tap my feet.

Now, I hate to think of having to spend even more money, btu at least I would like to ask if someone with a Chord Hugo 2 can share his/her experience of what change can be expected with regard to this dynamics/energy/attack of the Arya when using an external amplifier.
I am contemplating whether I should consider an additional amplifier, sell the Arya or try to trade it for a Sennheiser HD800S...

The Aryas are at their best when fed with more power. You may want to get a desktop amp - even a Magni puts out something like double the power of your Hugo. Grab an amp, use the Hugo as a standalone DAC, and you should hear a big difference in dynamics with the Arya.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #6,266 of 11,919

So far so good.

I looked up the specs of the Hugo 2 and it says: 740mW 32Ω, with the Arya v2's being ~35 ohms (with only 90dB sens), with the Hugo having even less power at that impedance. That's way underpowered for the Arya v2, IMO. The v2's are more power/current hungry than the v3's/Stealths, to bring out better dynamics. I wouldn't drive them with less than ~2 watts, and that being balanced and fed with a 4+ volts input signal from a balanced DAC. They also play better with discrete Class A amps that aren't super bright or brittle in the treble. I paired my v2's with a used Gustard H20 I traded them for the v3's.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #6,267 of 11,919
Yes, I sort of got an offer I couldn't resist, so I said, what they hey? And the rest is history...Okay not quite! ETA is later today, so I haven't gotten my hands on it just yet.

Why do you ask? Hope I haven't made some mistake by jumping on it... Many of the reviews I read of this stealth Arya were glowing... Still, to be honest, I'm becoming an involuntary collector of Hifiman cans.. I wonder what that's about. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Okay, I know what that's about, but still.
No mistake made in my book. Keep us posted.

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #6,268 of 11,919
I looked up the specs of the Hugo 2 and it says: 740mW 32Ω, with the Arya v2's being ~37-39 ohms with the Hugo having even less power at those impedances. That's way underpowered for the Arya v2, IMO. The v2's are more power/current hungry than the v3's/Stealths, to bring out better dynamics. I wouldn't drive them with less than ~2 watts, and that being balanced and fed with a 4+ volts input signal from a balanced DAC. They also play better with discrete Class A amps that aren't super bright or brittle in the treble. I paired my v2's with a used Gustard H20 I traded them for the v3's.
I ended up trading my V3s, but they played really well with a Monoprice THX 887 and with a Liquid Platinum

Dec 22, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #6,269 of 11,919

So far so good.

I agree with lack of dynamics if your source is not strong enough. I used to run the Aryas off iFi Black Label, RME ADI, and the SE front outputs of the Chord TT2. Once I used the rear XLR of the TT2 or speaker taps off my AHB2 they became super dynamic. Slam and immediacy ...

Dec 22, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #6,270 of 11,919
I think an Arya V2 powered by a speaker amp with a substantial low bass shelf should out perform the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC in sub bass. I never heard the 1266 Phi TC yet but I cant imagine it getting bassier than this ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back