HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #6,211 of 11,945
Dec 15, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #6,212 of 11,945
I got to demo them when it was launch, yeah tried both open box and after burn. Still same. I even got the offer to switch, I skipped. Ananda is not at the same level though. So wouldn't compare them side by side. However it does sound like big brother of Ananda rather than V2. V2 is just one of a kind now. Where the V3 is smaller brother of HEKse and superior to Ananda. Massive details, but that will be normal for an intimate sounding cans.
I switched pads on my v3's. I had a set of pads from my original Arya v2's, the older and "softer" ones. The foam seems to be softer than the current Arya and Ananda pads and gives it different and more "spacious" staging with more "reverb." The switch has given the v3's a sound and staging closer to the v2's. I need to sell my Ananda, T50rp mk3's, and my he400i 2020's since I don't listen to them anymore. No need to have so many since I only have two ears and one head. They could provide the seed funds on another set. I'm thinking of something in the Senn warehouse.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #6,213 of 11,945
I switched pads on my v3's. I had a set of pads from my original Arya v2's, the older and "softer" ones. The foam seems to be softer than the current Arya and Ananda pads and gives it different and more "spacious" staging with more "reverb." The switch has given the v3's a sound and staging closer to the v2's. I need to sell my Ananda, T50rp mk3's, and my he400i 2020's since I don't listen to them anymore. No need to have so many since I only have two ears and one head. They could provide the seed funds on another set. I'm thinking of something in the Senn warehouse.
If you need custom pads just drop me a message.

Dec 15, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #6,214 of 11,945
Bit of a wild card here but I've just decided to give the Arya (V2) a go on my Dethonray Honey H1 (firmware 3.9 - standard). Am extremely impressed at this pairing. I never imagined the H1 would handle it but it brings lovely smoothness, a very tasteful hint of thickness to the bass and warmth to the mids (especially compared to the ifi micro idsd signature (with X bass off). My disclaimer is that I don't listen at high volumes (I recommend you don't either - last year I met Mr Tinnitus and he knows how to overstay his welcome). But at around 70-75 dB this may be my current favourite pairing yet!

Still lots to try, but am super surprised and impressed by this one.

Anyone else tried this pairing? I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts.

EDIT - I'm running it balanced through 4.4 pentaconn
I did try the Arya V2 with the H1. The sound is amazing to be honest but I much prefer the low impedance cans like the Arya with a proper Class A amp and it sounds fuller and wider. I prefer the Honey H1 with high impedance dynamic cans like the HD650 and IEMs. The 650 out of the Honey sounds amazing and wide and that will hold me off for an OTL tube amp. The Burson Conductor 3xp pairs absolutely stunning with the Arya with much better dynamics and soundstage but the Honey is no slouch albeit in a small form factor.
The vocals out of the H1 sound more realistic to me. Hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #6,215 of 11,945
I was tempted to go with the LCD-X 2021 instead of the Arya Stealth, but I liked everything I was reading about the Stealth, and ultimately I can't say I'm at all disappointed. But it would be interesting to hear the LCD-X one day
I also had the itch to hear them so i bought them from Amazon; listened for two weeks and always felt like I just wanted to go back to the Aryas. The X's sounded really good with EQ but the Arya sounded better even with no EQ applied.

Now if we are talking LCD-5s.... those things ruined vocals on every other headphone I have listened to.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #6,216 of 11,945
which amp of Flux lab (FA-10, FA-12, FA-22) do you recommend? for Arya Stealth
I’m obviously a fan of the FA-10. I hear it brings the most punch in the lineup, something that really helps the Arya come alive. It certainly does for mine.

But I would think any would pair well. The FA-12 would give it some warmth, but might make it a bit too soft, and the FA-22 sounds like it would be a nice in-between.

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #6,217 of 11,945
I’m obviously a fan of the FA-10. I hear it brings the most punch in the lineup, something that really helps the Arya come alive. It certainly does for mine.

But I would think any would pair well. The FA-12 would give it some warmth, but might make it a bit too soft, and the FA-22 sounds like it would be a nice in-between.

Yeah but with the FA-10 you have to factor in the cost of hiring a contractor and materials for building an additional room on your house so you actually have space for it.

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #6,218 of 11,945
Yeah but with the FA-10 you have to factor in the cost of hiring a contractor and materials for building an additional room on your house so you actually have space for it.
Well yes, but that's true with all three!

OR you could just cram it under a monitor rise...

IMG_5366.jpg

Dec 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #6,219 of 11,945
Where do you get spare pads? The only different pads I see are from Aliexpress with sheepskin or synthetic leather (65 or 45 euros)

I love v3 but Im bot a fan of this strongl isolating earpads. I always felt like there could be more room to breathe

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #6,220 of 11,945
Will do. That may be my next real move, after I submit/post my impressions of the Burson v6 vivid opamps vs my Sparkos Labs ss-3602's and the other opamps I have on hand. I need to go ahead and finish the evals, I'm running behind schedule/late on finishing it.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #6,221 of 11,945
Where do you get spare pads? The only different pads I see are from Aliexpress with sheepskin or synthetic leather (65 or 45 euros)

I love v3 but Im bot a fan of this stro

ngl isolating earpads. I always felt like there could be more room to breathe
I had my original v2 pads left over from when I sent in an Arya set to exchange for my v3's. I put the newest pads the my older v2's and sent them in. I also have a set of Anandas that use the same pads. Member Ntrax has also started to produce his own aftermarket pads that I'm going to purchase at some point in the near future.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #6,222 of 11,945
Or better yet, a carpenter or handyman for a shelf space underneath the main surface of your listening desk. Much can be done with threaded rod, nuts/washers, and a few pieces of wood and/or Unistrut. Your DIY project awaits...

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #6,223 of 11,945
I've noticed my v2 pads getting softer, but they're still firm. I was surprised how firm they were when I got them, never had an issue of comfort though.

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #6,224 of 11,945
For anyone with a HE6SE v2 and a stealth Arya, if you could only keep one, which would it be and why? Having these for a week or so, they're great cans, but I'm starting to lean towards keeping the HE6se instead (I don't think I can justify keeping around two great open-back planars).

Dec 16, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #6,225 of 11,945
Well yes, but that's true with all three!

IMG_5366.jpg
Beautiful setup. I see you have both the Aeolus and Arya. Would you say Arya is a good compliment to Aeolus? (V2 or V3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back