HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #6,076 of 11,881
I had tried the V1 Arya a couple of years ago but did not like it a lot especially when it came to tonality even though it had the obvious upper hand in Headstage, Bass and Resolution compared to the much better tuned Ananda which lost out to Arya on these qualities. But I still went ahead and bought the Ananda because it wasn't that far off from the Arya in areas where the Arya was better but had so much better tonality which was my no.1 need in my planar magnetic headphone. So just wondering if the extra spikey and peaky treble and tonality is now fixed with the newer version of the Arya. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #6,079 of 11,881
How have people found the durability of the Arya?

I have a set of HE-400i's for which I've found durability to be poor. Ear pads disintegrated (glue?), cable failed and now the headband is falling apart. This has me hesitant to spend Arya money if the durability is low so any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
Same here, I finally went with Audeze LCD-X for the same reasons, but miss the soundstage of the Arya

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #6,080 of 11,881
I had tried the V1 Arya a couple of years ago but did not like it a lot especially when it came to tonality even though it had the obvious upper hand in Headstage, Bass and Resolution compared to the much better tuned Ananda which lost out to Arya on these qualities. But I still went ahead and bought the Ananda because it wasn't that far off from the Arya in areas where the Arya was better but had so much better tonality which was my no.1 need in my planar magnetic headphone. So just wondering if the extra spikey and peaky treble and tonality is now fixed with the newer version of the Arya. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is. I had both the V2 and Stealth at the same time and the Stealth version is significantly better in terms of timbre and harshness in the treble. For reference, I came from HD600s which are so smoothed over in the treble with zero harshness and I am totally fine with the Stealth.

The V2's were just too shouty on some songs.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #6,082 of 11,881
May it depend on what amps are used? - ie: I noticed that after I started to use a discrete class A amp, my v2's sounded much more natural vs the opamp based amps I previously used. My v3's are still somewhat more natural out of the box than the v2's, IMO. Since it is pretty new, the best is yet to come, IMO.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #6,083 of 11,881
Volume level calibration for a little comparison... :)

20211203_172415.jpg

Dec 3, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #6,085 of 11,881
Dec 3, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #6,086 of 11,881
I have the Arya Stealth here already (review here for those interested: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/hifiman-arya-2021-stealth-magnets-version/), as well as HE1000se and Susvara on the way next week, all for review. So I'll share some impressions of the Arya Stealth vs Susvara in due time, as I already did earlier with Arya Stealth vs HE1000se here before.
I'll check it out. I never had interest in the hek because to me it would be a distinction without a difference since I use eq.

The bass on the arya and susvara are both great, but arya has more tactile feeling. Maybe cause the driver is larger, but it also has greater sound stage. The susvara does indeed have a "smoother" and more "natural" timbre to it. So if stealth is closer to the natural timbre of susvara while mainating more physical bass and soundstage.......these are the things I wonder about. :L3000::thinking::L3000:

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #6,087 of 11,881
I'll check it out. I never had interest in the hek because to me it would be a distinction without a difference since I use eq.

The bass on the arya and susvara are both great, but arya has more tactile feeling. Maybe cause the driver is larger, but it also has greater sound stage. The susvara does indeed have a "smoother" and more "natural" timbre to it. So if stealth is closer to the natural timbre of susvara while mainating more physical bass and soundstage.......these are the things I wonder about. :L3000::thinking::L3000:
A week ago I've tested Susvara, HEkSE and my Arya V2 on my moded H20. Susvara absolutely needs brutal amp to sound right. On my setup HEkSE outperforms Susvara in soundstage, bass delivery, dynamics. :frowning2: I'm bit sad that I've not taken my speaker amp to that test too.

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #6,088 of 11,881
Volume level calibration for a little comparison... :)

20211203_172415.jpg
What's going on here? Stealth is not plugged in to compare with the SE. I don't get the calibration comparison.

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #6,089 of 11,881
A week ago I've tested Susvara, HEkSE and my Arya V2 on my moded H20. Susvara absolutely needs brutal amp to sound right. On my setup HEkSE outperforms Susvara in soundstage, bass delivery, dynamics. :frowning2: I'm bit sad that I've not taken my speaker amp to that test too.
Do it, do it, do it!!!! :popcorn: How's your highly modded H20 with the Stealth (or v2 if you don't have the Stealth yet)? I follow you on the Gustard thread.

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #6,090 of 11,881

Never heard the Sus but yes, the Arya does have tactile bass and mids - really most notes on well recorded music - especially after it starts to play in for a while.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back