HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #5,566 of 11,883
It seems that the entire Headphone Galaxy is waiting for the one obvious Headphone model.
The $3000 Sennheiser, PLANAR.
Who does not realize this? Who would not run to buy it?

Yet, Senn is/was OBLIVIOUS.... They are/were "asleep at the switch".
senn needs to come out with a can that sits somewhere between the hd660s and the Hd800s that can compete in the $700-800 bracket, that's somewhat a sweet spot for midfi..

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #5,567 of 11,883
I do think the V2 has a wider soundstage but not my much. On the other end, the V3 has more accurate imaging.
Thank you. That encapsulates what I was trying to articulate while my Arya V3 is burning in. It’s not that the sound stage is so vast. It’s that every sound and every instrument is identifiable.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #5,570 of 11,883
I only see the Stealth on the HiFiman site now. The only V2's are open box.
I still see the non-Stealth Magnet Arya for sale (new) on the Hifiman online store. For whatever reason it's not next to the Stealth Arya in the list. I believe someone confirmed that the non-Stealth Arya will be discontinued, so I think it's just a matter of time before they sell all their remaining stock.

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #5,571 of 11,883
Oct 20, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #5,574 of 11,883
Got the V2s for 900$ and thats a sweet deal for owning the Arya (any version). The icing on the cake is they get sweeter by the day.. burn in is real with cans.. paired with a warm class A amp and ARES2/Bifrost/R2R dac, id say i am happy to keep loving them for a good long time. Everytime i hear a well recorded classical orchestra, or a large percussion arrangement (Jazz Variants O-zone percussion group) or smtg like Yosi horikawa, i somewhat feel relieved that they have that endless sounstage. A smidgen of eq for other genres, and its better than alot of cans out there.

I guess id rather now yearn for the HE6 instead 😎

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #5,575 of 11,883
My V2 arrived, man what a "Wall of Sound", now it is time to give them 100+ hours...

Box.jpg

Open.jpg

Headphones.jpg

I ordered the HiFiMAN Travel Case, does someone has better recommendations for a transport case for the Arya?

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #5,576 of 11,883
I got the Arya v2 on early August this year. I wrote to Hifiman and they are offering me to swap it for an open box Stealth version. Is that a good deal?

pardon my ignorance, what's the difference between the ayra models?
These two messages have amused me.

Just to fill you both in, there's been a month's long debate going back and forth on the differences which is better. Two camps have emerged, V2 and V3 (Stealth).

Personally I chose the V2 when buying my Arya just as the V3 was released. I tried both, both great headphones, but V2 gave me more of what I was looking for.

One thing I can say is that thE descriptions of the sound in this thread accurately reflect what I heard for the most part. The opinions attached to descriptions, they're opinions, and you'll find them all. In the end, if you can't try before you decide, you'll have to weigh up the descriptions against your personal preferences.

Happy reading, welcome to the thread... And happy choosing!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #5,577 of 11,883
I got the Arya v2 on early August this year. I wrote to Hifiman and they are offering me to swap it for an open box Stealth version. Is that a good deal?
I will take this deal because I am someone who likes the HE1000se sound and Arya v3 is closer to this sound than v2. Hence, it is very much subjected to your sonic preference and your amp + DAC pairing.

Like you, I got the Arya v2 in early August this year but there are no such offers here in the country of origin to swap a Stealth Arya with v2

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #5,578 of 11,883
Yes it's been a month since the first people got their hands on the Stealth.
A month on and my listening has been extended somewhat from my initial impressions.
As many of you know, I was able to do a side by side comparison with the V2 and I've continued to do that.
The result has stayed the same. The bass is more prominent in the Stealth, it has more slam. I have gotten more used to this over the course of the month, and I don't think HiFiMan have gone too far in their tuning. The bass comes across with the V2 as understated, and I probably still prefer that approach.
The Stealth edition seems to have more clarity. I believe that is due to a smaller sound stage and a technically better mid and treble response.
The Stealth edition needs less driving than the V2. The HM1000 Red uses the Low setting for the Stealth and the medium for the V2.
Both are fantastic headphones.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #5,579 of 11,883
I’m wondering the same thing! I just wrote to them hoping for the same deal they seemed to have offered you. I think I might go for it. After hearing the v3 at CanJam this year, they really do seem like a decent upgrade in tonality and timbre, with nearly as good soundstage after burn in.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #5,580 of 11,883
My V2 arrived, man what a "Wall of Sound", now it is time to give them 100+ hours...

I ordered the HiFiMAN Travel Case, does someone has better recommendations for a transport case for the Arya?
Lykus 3310 I'm using now. You can place the stock insert Into this case perfectly and have some extra space for future stuff too at the side.
IMG_20210524_182944__01.jpg
IMG_20210524_183010__01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back